Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 07:00 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times

Advertisements

I am all for legal immigration. I am not for adding to or increasing people on our welfare roles. Before we take on more needy people maybe we should take care of the 600,000 + homeless in our own country first. Maybe we should attend to our failing infrastructure first. There are so many issues in this country that go largely ignored. We need to stop trying to save the world and start saving ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 07:14 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,702 times
This thread is utter crap and a blatant lie. There is no one on either side of the aisle that supports FGM. It's been soundly condemned by both parties.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:16 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Sure they escape from oppression but the first thing they do here is push for the rules they lived by there.
We have freedom of religion in this country, which means everyone is free to practice their religion. No one is forcing their religious rules on you.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:07 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We have freedom of religion in this country, which means everyone is free to practice their religion. No one is forcing their religious rules on you.
Wrong, Obama is forcing his religious rules on me and I don't like it. It is so obvious and you can't even see what is right before your eyes. For example: I am required to bake a cake for a gay wedding, nuns are required to provide abortions and birth control for employees.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:38 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Not understanding your thread title, "Here is the practice democrats seem to want to bring to usa". Your article is about female circumcision (mutilation), which is practiced among (according to the article) mostly rural folks, and I suspect is equally repugnant to most Westerners, right or left. I can guarantee you that my (leftist) feminist friends and I have been fighting against this practice a lot longer than you have known about it.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:43 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't know about you, but I am all for women coming her to get away from that kind of oppression. Actually I am all for anyone who wishes to move her to get away from oppression like that in general.
Do you qualify such remarks?

For example, we couldn't possibly take in a Billion refugees over the next decade.

It would hurt our economy and not allow for proper assimilation.

The NY Times is reporting that Turkey is having its general welfare programs stretched thin by immigrants and refugees...and their economy is suffering.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:45 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
which is practiced among (according to the article) mostly rural folks
It says it happens to 91% of Egyptian women.

It seems like it would be impossible for it not to be an Urban problem there too, considering that 43% of the country lives in urban areas.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:54 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It says it happens to 91% of Egyptian women.

It seems like it would be impossible for it not to be an Urban problem there too, considering that 43% of the country lives in urban areas.

Educational status has a lot to do with it, not surprising. WHO | Female genital mutilation and other harmful practices

Old 12-11-2015, 05:42 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
I don't think it works that way. They do it to little girls. By the time a woman is older they have been more or less brainwashed into this whole sharia thing these people follow. They won't get away from anything, they will just drag their crappy way of live over here.

Bingo.

They bring it here. It's used as a ruse to get in. Then the women, themselves, support the practice for their own daughters.

It's sick.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:45 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Wrong, Obama is forcing his religious rules on me and I don't like it. It is so obvious and you can't even see what is right before your eyes. For example: I am required to bake a cake for a gay wedding, nuns are required to provide abortions and birth control for employees.
Actually that isn't forcing any religious rules on you, that is a business law that you can't refuse service to people based on protected classes. No one is forcing you to open a business, but when you do you are required to follow the laws.

Nuns aren't preforming abortions or giving birth control to employees.....though I didn't know nuns had employees....

Care to try again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies