Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 07:55 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Show me a poor Politician and I will show you a Unicorn.
Well, Hillary said they are not truly well off. Does that count?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 07:57 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
donald Trump-Net worth? 4 billion.
Bernie Sanders-Net worth? 700k.

Yeah that Trump guy sure gets being poor better then that Bernie guy all right.
The question wasn't about being poor. In fact, it was the opposite. Not being in debt to other rich people.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes! Libertarian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Two Peas in the same Not Good for the Nation Pod.

Indeed. Trump talks a good game, and says what many want to hear (then again all politicians do). But I think he is just blowing smoke, and don't trust him as far as I can throw him. As for Bernie "everything is free" Sanders.... well Mr. Sanders... nothing is free! Someone has to pay for it, and it's us working folks who have to pick up the slack!

Old 12-11-2015, 08:01 AM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
This is a mild degree of Orwellian doublespeak.

Last I checked it was 5 conservatives who said money was speech and corporations are people.
You should look into why corporate personhood has existed as a legal concept for over 100 years so that you don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:03 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post

Indeed. Trump talks a good game, and says what many want to hear (then again all politicians do). But I think he is just blowing smoke, and don't trust him as far as I can throw him. As for Bernie "everything is free" Sanders.... well Mr. Sanders... nothing is free! Someone has to pay for it, and it's us working folks who have to pick up the slack!
Weird, Sanders has made the comment that things have to be paid for. Apparently you missed that when he said he wanted college to be affordable, you must have gotten to upset to listen to him discuss how to pay for it.

Or you are just repeating what you've heard so often that you have accepted it as a truth? Because seriously, Sanders has made it quite clear that nothing is free.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:23 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
Well yeah we knew that ha

Old 12-11-2015, 09:01 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
Our whole system of "representation" is rife with $$ not honesty, humility, and the drive to do the right thing. What are our choices? It's on both sides of the isle. Right and left.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...ionaires/?_r=0
What this implies is that there is an equivalence between the two parties. No, there isn't. The Democrats created successful and popular programs like Social Security and the Republicans have have been trying to kill it ever since.

Republicans "say" that they are the party of responsibility but when you look at their tax proposals, they consist of slashing taxes on the top brackets and creating trillions in debt.

There is no rational reason for anyone who isn't a millionaire voting for the Republicans, who consistently propose policies that aren't in the middle-class' interest, while the Democrats enact policies that help the middle-class.

There is no equivalence here.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
You should look into why corporate personhood has existed as a legal concept for over 100 years so that you don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
Corporations didn't exist when the Constitution was written. There was never a concept that considered corporations "persons." They are legal entities with certain rights but they aren't persons. They have no right to vote, as an example.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:06 AM

16,548 posts, read 8,584,349 times
It is called hypocrisy, and many on the left like Hillary have no moral compass;

Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy: Peter Schweizer: 9780767919029: Amazon.com: Books

`

Old 12-11-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post

You completely mischaracterize Mr. Sanders. This is directly from his website: https://berniesanders.com/issues/its...and-debt-free/

Quote:
FULLY PAID FOR BY IMPOSING A TAX ON WALL STREET SPECULATORS.

The cost of this plan is fully paid for by imposing a tax of a fraction of a percent on Wall Street speculators who nearly destroyed the economy seven years ago. More than 1,000 economists have endorsed a tax on Wall Street speculation and today some 40 countries throughout the world have imposed a similar tax including Britain, Germany, France, Switzerland, and China. If the taxpayers of this country could bailout Wall Street in 2008, we can make public colleges and universities tuition free and debt free throughout the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies