Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 02:21 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I guess freedom of speech doesn't go far in a mosque. Or at an Ivy League university such as Yale for that matter.
No one kept this guy from speaking freely. Now, is he free from the consequences of speaking freely? Nope. Nowhere in the Constitution does it guarantee that.

I'd wager he knew full well where his congregation stood on this issue before he voiced his opinion, so this probably was no surprise to him. And if he didn't know where they stood, then he wasn't a very good religious leader to begin with.

Last edited by JAMS14; 12-12-2015 at 02:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 02:36 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I would hope my Rabbi would be tossed out on her tuches if she showed support for banning people on the basis of religion. That goes not only against the Constitution, but against our Jewish values. Why should I expect a mosque to hold their clergy to lower standards than I hold my own?

So far Israel looks like they don't have a theocracy and don't stone people for adultly. So the one example of a Jewish state, when they actually formed a state, certainly contrasts with Islam. If Jews were forming states and stoning people, I'd probably want to limit or ban Jews as well, especially since it is actually a part of your religion as far as the scriptures. See the problem is in some cases its Jewish values or the Constitution. I am glad that its the Constitution where it conflicts.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:42 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
+1

I support 100% his message against radicalization, but I'm definitely not for treating people differently based on religion.
A religion in the abstract....that in practice calls for gays to to executed. Is not being free to kill people a violation of civil rights? There is nothing radical about violating civil rights in Islam.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:48 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
“We in this country as imams are getting unfair treatment when they are being forced to manufacture or go with some political campaigning and not considering the safety and peace of the people,” he said.
Alsayyed said he is a "moderate" Islamic scholar who believes in practicing the “peaceful branch" of Islam. He has been a teacher in his faith since 1989.

THIS is the kind of person Obama should be inviting to the White House, since he feels the need to do so.
Not teens involved in likely fraud, victimization and sue-to-get-rich schemes.

......... or the Muslim Brotherhood.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:33 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No one kept this guy from speaking freely. Now, is he free from the consequences of speaking freely? Nope. Nowhere in the Constitution does it guarantee that.

I'd wager he knew full well where his congregation stood on this issue before he voiced his opinion, so this probably was no surprise to him. And if he didn't know where they stood, then he wasn't a very good religious leader to begin with.
It's kind of amazing how the liberals are in bed with radical Islamic terrorists. This is why Americans need to realize that both groups need to be done away with.

Last edited by D-Towner; 12-12-2015 at 06:35 PM..

Old 12-12-2015, 05:41 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,727 times
A moderate muslim imam? Now, who would've thought such a thing even exists?

Old 12-12-2015, 05:42 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
This is why things will never change with Islam. The "moderates" don't want anything to do with changing. This Imam admits there is an issue with radicalization within the Muslim community and says that their foreign view of Shariah can't be done here and they force him out.

Texas Imam Forced Out After He Issues Warning on Radical Islam, Expresses Support for Trump
That shows what is really going on and how scary it is if the one person who speaks up has to resign and probably fear for his life. Therefore we should be very careful who to trust and we know that Quran is not talking about any other religion that should exist other than theirs.

Trump is right with his temporary ban. First figure it out.

I just went through security on the airport and even though we had the special priority pre-screening with all the exemptions of not having to take shoes off, no laptops out, etc. we had to take our shoes off, take both laptops out, take another jacket off and we had to go through the machine.

No difference any more and we didn't mind as it is for everyone's safety but why not screening like the Israeli's do?

Old 12-12-2015, 05:43 PM

132 posts, read 91,613 times
Quote:
This is why things will never change with Islam. The "moderates" don't want anything to do with changing. This Imam admits there is an issue with radicalization within the Muslim community and says that their foreign view of Shariah can't be done here and they force him out.

Texas Imam Forced Out After He Issues Warning on Radical Islam, Expresses Support for Trump
Good for him for speaking out. Too bad his congregation wasn't open to his views and forced him out.

Adding to that, in the aftermath of Obama's speech for American Muslims to help root out extremists among them, some are angry that Obama asked for more self-surveillance.

America's Muslims object to Obama's push for more self-surveillance

Old 12-12-2015, 05:43 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I would hope my Rabbi would be tossed out on her tuches if she showed support for banning people on the basis of religion. That goes not only against the Constitution, but against our Jewish values. Why should I expect a mosque to hold their clergy to lower standards than I hold my own?
Yep. I would be expressing my disapproval if a Christian pastor expressed agreement with Trump's plan. There's this whole keep faith and government in separate spheres thing, and it doesn't contribute to peace throughout the world that Christianity (and many other religions) are about.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:20 PM

833 posts, read 657,580 times
Quote:

You are correct. Islam should be tightly controlled like they have started to do in China and even at that there should be strict monitoring of all so called devout inbred moslems. You just never know when they will use their fangs.

And this fired imam should be respected for his enlightened beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies