Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 09:02 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What is going to cost us more in the long run?
I'm not sure if you agree or disagree with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 09:09 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,552 times
STUDY BODY LANGUAGE
Train your interviewers at the consulate & uscis to study body language, facial expressions to create a profile for the applicant. Ask uncomfortable questions & study their response. Tape the interview & analyze. Not saying base your decision completely on this but take this into account. Some questions to ask Muslim immigrants would be what they think about jews, atheists, homosexuality. Hypothetical questions should be fine like what if your son tells you he is gay or your daughter renounces her religion, how would you react? To hell with 'political correctness'. I say profile them.

SOCIAL MEDIA
Keep a close eye on their social media posts, phone records & especially chatting apps like Whatsapp, viber that are very popular for sending messages internationally. Again, to hell with Political correctness & privacy. National security above all.

ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
Any threat or spreading hatred against other religions should be taken very seriously & should result in charges.

ASSIMILATION THROUGH REAL ESTATE
One of the main reasons immigrants dont assimilate is because they live in their own ghettos with their own kind. Change your laws (no clue how) tat spreads them out evenly in a diverse neighborhood. Not just houses but even rental properties should be required to make sure the occupants are in diverse community. You cant forcexanyone to mingle but atleast seeing your neighbors being polite & helpful can get rid of some prejudices.

I have so many more ideas.... but tired of typing.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:11 PM

35,679 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I don't get it. If I want to enter certain countries I need to purchase a visa. That's it. The prospective traveler finances their own verification process. So I guess this means the typical idiot leftist has never traveled anywhere and is utterly clueless about every facet of life.
Since when has immigration been free? Need to go to the websites under : fees. USCIS is self funded

Old 08-16-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
STUDY BODY LANGUAGE
Train your interviewers at the consulate & uscis to study body language, facial expressions to create a profile for the applicant. Ask uncomfortable questions & study their response. Tape the interview & analyze. Not saying base your decision completely on this but take this into account. Some questions to ask Muslim immigrants would be what they think about jews, atheists, homosexuality. Hypothetical questions should be fine like what if your son tells you he is gay or your daughter renounces her religion, how would you react? To hell with 'political correctness'. I say profile them.

SOCIAL MEDIA
Keep a close eye on their social media posts, phone records & especially chatting apps like Whatsapp, viber that are very popular for sending messages internationally. Again, to hell with Political correctness & privacy. National security above all.

ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
Any threat or spreading hatred against other religions should be taken very seriously & should result in charges.

ASSIMILATION THROUGH REAL ESTATE
One of the main reasons immigrants dont assimilate is because they live in their own ghettos with their own kind. Change your laws (no clue how) tat spreads them out evenly in a diverse neighborhood. Not just houses but even rental properties should be required to make sure the occupants are in diverse community. You cant forcexanyone to mingle but atleast seeing your neighbors being polite & helpful can get rid of some prejudices.

I have so many more ideas.... but tired of typing.
I agree with all of your suggestions except "assimilation through real estate." I don't think that would be workable. And as far as "zero tolerance policy" hating other groups is not a crime. But haters should be carefully watched so that one false move results in an arrest.

I repped this post.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:03 PM

7,770 posts, read 6,376,660 times
Just shut the door. There are 57 Muslim countries they can go to, we don't need them here.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:00 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,838,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I agree with all of your suggestions except "assimilation through real estate." I don't think that would be workable. And as far as "zero tolerance policy" hating other groups is not a crime. But haters should be carefully watched so that one false move results in an arrest.

I repped this post.
Thanks. I know real estate issue is tough. Its more like a hypothetical ideal society situation.

As far as the kids born here to immigrants are concerned, i wouldnt worry about them as the majority I have come across here are Americanized. Even the ones who moved here as kids have grown up to be well adjusted & easy going. But their orthodox parents might have a hard time adjusting.

Also, I have observed that immigrants like me who came here as students get good opportunity to socialize on campus so a lot of the prejudices & doubts melt away. That happened to most immigrant friends of mine. But if you came here on a job visa, business visa or family immigration, then you dont get much opprtunity to assimilate like you would on campus. You are living either with your family or by yourself whereas most students have roommates & you have events on campus to socialize & get to know the culture.

But at work or any place of business you might not get to know people well as people dont socialize much after work & prefer to keep professional & personal life separate. So the students definitely get assimilated much quickly than other 'types' of immigrants. Campus life acts as a buffer for training us in American way of life. Bring more students on F1 visas & limit work & other types of visas. You gain highly skilled professionals that are trained in your universities who get good exposure to your culture so they will blend in much easily with your culture. Eventually they get a job here & stay back forever, especially if they are from third world countries.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:03 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Just shut the door. There are 57 Muslim countries they can go to, we don't need them here.
But its a growing religion, and needs converts to grow. Islamic Republics already have been converted.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:11 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
A better plan would be sending all the Muslim refugees to Mecca and since we can't send the Christian ones there because that will insult the religion of pieces Islam those can go to Mexico.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:33 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Why are you Yankees so afraid of immigrants? Are you a nation of wussies? I think so. How many Americans have been killed by immigrtants since 9/11? Not a whole lot I'm afraid to inform you. Now, how many Americans have been murdered by other Americans in this same time period? Hundreds of times more than terrorist killings. Just read this list of stats for this year alone.

2016 Real Time Death Statistics in America
Afraid of immigrants?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ant_population
The USA allows far more immigration than any other country. In fact more than the next 5 combined.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
But its a growing religion, and needs converts to grow. Islamic Republics already have been converted.
They want to "convert" or send to Allah Israel as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
A better plan would be sending all the Muslim refugees to Mecca and since we can't send the Christian ones there because that will insult the religion of pieces Islam those can go to Mexico.
Probably not a bad plan. Mecca's nice this time of year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies