Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 06:11 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Id rather be inconvenienced for real security then to be inconvenienced less for the illusion of security.
You apparently believe the Israelis use profiling instead of baggage and bodily scans/searches. That is not the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 06:11 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,324 times
I have flown where 60 year old, Caucasian ladies are being body searched while twenty-some year old probable (I don't know for sure) Muslims are walking right on board. Crazy PC nonsense. Sorry, but we should be profiling. Sure it kinda sux, but you know, it's mid-east muslim's committing 95% of the terrorism - not 60 year old white women. So check out those that are more likely, based on their nationality/religion, to pose a threat. Sorry to those who are legit - but it's your nationality/religion that are to blame for that. That's just the way it is.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
Well, I don't have any so that would be short conversation
And then you'll be asked about your political beliefs. You're good with that though.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:13 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
You apparently believe the Israelis use profiling instead of baggage and bodily scans/searches. That is not the case.
That's funny, the people I know who have gone over there think they use both.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:13 PM

756 posts, read 424,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
I have flown where 60 year old, Caucasian ladies are being body searched while twenty-some year old probable (I don't know for sure) Muslims are walking right on board. Crazy PC nonsense. Sorry, but we should be profiling. Sure it kinda sux, but you know, it's mid-east muslim's committing 95% of the terrorism - not 60 year old white women. So check out those that are more likely, based on their nationality/religion, to pose a threat. Sorry to those who are legit - but it's your nationality/religion that are to blame for that. That's just the way it is.
EXACTLY! Yes there is a chance that grandma could be a terrorist but the odds are 99% better it's the muslims that we dare not inconvenience or hurt their feelings.
Utterly asinine!!

Old 12-12-2015, 06:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Id rather be inconvenienced for real security then to be inconvenienced less for the illusion of security.
It doesn't get more real than screening everyone. With that said, I'm ok with old people and children getting a pass.

[provided they still go through the X-ray machine]

Old 12-12-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
That's funny, the people I know who have gone over there think they use both.
Yes they do. So unless you too are advocating for the aforementioned harsher & more invasive TSA, what do you mean by the "illusion of security"?

Old 12-12-2015, 06:20 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Yes they do. So unless you too are advocating for the aforementioned harsher & more invasive TSA, what do you mean by the "illusion of security"?
Like I said. I would rather be inconvenienced for real security, then inconvenienced less for the illusion of security like we have like now.

Cant say it any clearer then that.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:23 PM

756 posts, read 424,764 times
Quote:
Like I said. I would rather be inconvenienced for real security, then inconvenienced less for the illusion of security like we have like now.

I'm not convinced that the TSA knows what they are doing. I've read plenty of stories over the years since 9/11 when they conduct tests and have government people try and sneak guns or knives through to test the security. They often had an abysmal failure rate.

They can make it harsher and more inconvenient, I'm not convinced that makes it "better" it's the same people doing it. The same idiots. It's just more security theatre but now it's even less pleasant.

Old 12-12-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:

And how would adding Israel's screening processes, which can start even before you walk into the airport, less inconvenient? Would you seriously have no problem with some TSA wonk asking you all those personal details of your life? If so, I'm pleased to state we disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies