Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 11:57 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,076,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I hope for the sake of the city of San Diego, and Chargers fans that does not happen! I know and can sympathize, because I lost my favorite team for 3 years due to the team's owner being a bad business man, combined with bad politics on the side of the city. Honestly, I blame both parties for the original Browns franchise moving, and it's the fans and the taxpayers that get screwed.

BTW, that picture looks almost like what I saw during last night's game with the Giants vs Dolphins. If it weren't for that Dolphins logo in the middle of the field you would have thought they were playing the game in The Meadowlands. Again, I sum it up to a lot of transplants. Folks who have moved from colder climates to warmer climates such as San Diego. For example, I hear the Browns have one of the largest Browns Backers in the country out there in San Diego.
I obviously hope it doesn't either, but most Charger fans basically have a defeated attitude because in the back of everyone's minds we all knew it was possible some day, and it seems that day is here.

As far as Browns fans being in San Diego, there are definitely a lot of Ohio transplants and the Browns and Buckeyes are certainly very popular. There are several OSU bars across the city and the main Browns bar is a few miles from where I used to live.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:07 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,018,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
Sikhs are AWESOME. In India, they make up an entire regiment!!! I have met a large number of Sikhs over the years and find them particularly charming and friendly. Heck, literally a two minute walk from my house, our neighborhood store is owned by a Sikh family. Awesome people.

The people that treated them like crap in SD? NOT so-awesome people. In fact, idiots. I would expect this down South- where I was born and raised- but not in California, where I live now- we like to pretend we are above all this. Guess not.
In fact a number of Army cheifs have been Sikh in India. I dont know if its true, but they vowed not to cut their hair until they killed all of their enemies ( they happen to be Hindus and Muslims )

They are more American - Cool, Outspoken, humorous and competitive and a lot of pride in what they do ( and also dont give a **** to what happens outside ) .

Old 12-15-2015, 12:48 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,936,007 times
I cant believe the workers didnt know the difference between a turban and a burka. Do they not know that Indians are one of our closest allies, Hindu, and completely against radical Islam? Good grief.

Old 12-15-2015, 01:51 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I cant believe the workers didnt know the difference between a turban and a burka.
Yep, too much TV and video games instead of reading to broaden one's knowledge and understanding of the world.

Old 12-15-2015, 01:56 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,076,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I cant believe the workers didnt know the difference between a turban and a burka. Do they not know that Indians are one of our closest allies, Hindu, and completely against radical Islam? Good grief.
I think your assumption of world awareness by a typical American is way off.

Last edited by Drake744; 12-15-2015 at 02:18 PM..

Old 12-15-2015, 02:16 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,152,863 times
Hope they took that diaper off their head for the National Anthem.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:22 PM

3,492 posts, read 743,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I would not have known the difference .. a rag head is a rag head .. is that racist ?

Old 12-15-2015, 02:38 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,579,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Some Chechens and Syrians actually look very European.
Like the Boston bomber. The same can be said for many Muslims from Eastern Europe and Central Asia. The type of ignorant people who targeted these people are the ones who think Muslim automatically means brown with a beard.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:40 PM

10,198 posts, read 6,269,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post
Hope they took that diaper off their head for the National Anthem.
Should Nuns too?

Old 12-15-2015, 02:45 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,936,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Perhaps. But there are FAR TOO MANY people here that dont know anything about anything, I swear. Just watch some YouTube videos of people asking simple questions to passer-by. In one video, I crap you not, several people didnt know who Adolf Hitler was. I cant make this stuff up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies