Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 06:31 PM

833 posts, read 657,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Every time that I read such comments I am forced to reflect that there is little difference between the impulses of "non" terrorist and the terrorist themselves which confirms in my mind that absent the political and social restraints imposed by our society that it would be impossible to distinguish the acts of either side.

Fortunately, unlike the so-called Islamic state, we remain a society with a higher standard of behavior. If you consider that we provide even the most heinous criminals who have been executed for who died in the course of their sentence a nondescript but respectful burial.

We should never lose our sense of humanity because of the barbaric behavior of others.

Everything is fair in love and war. This ain't exactly a kids birthday party you are looking at. The West is at war with radical moslems and their hideous ideology. West will win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 09:57 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Everything is fair in love and war. This ain't exactly a kids birthday party you are looking at. The West is at war with radical moslems and their hideous ideology. West will win.
Yes we will... a few thousand jihadists never had a chance in hell vs hundreds of millions of Westerners and just as many non-murderous Muslims. All they could ever do is drag us down to their level.

So never forget... He who fights monsters is in peril of becoming a monster himself. Take it from someone who's actually fought (human) monsters before.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:15 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Every time that I read such comments I am forced to reflect that there is little difference between the impulses of "non" terrorist and the terrorist themselves which confirms in my mind that absent the political and social restraints imposed by our society that it would be impossible to distinguish the acts of either side.

Fortunately, unlike the so-called Islamic state, we remain a society with a higher standard of behavior. If you consider that we provide even the most heinous criminals who have been executed for who died in the course of their sentence a nondescript but respectful burial.

We should never lose our sense of humanity because of the barbaric behavior of others.
Nice that you can always see the sunny side of the street while the world is suffering from the barbaric acts of a contingent of Islam where the majority of Islam is silent. There is blood running in the streets all over the planet and you want to defend the enemy.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:27 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
I doubt they really care. Many peoples perception that pork is like holy water to a vampire is not really true. I work with Secular Muslims from Turkey that eat Pork and even if someone is devout they can eat Pork if it means survival.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:36 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Nice that you can always see the sunny side of the street while the world is suffering from the barbaric acts of a contingent of Islam where the majority of Islam is silent. There is blood running in the streets all over the planet and you want to defend the enemy.
Reminds me of the French man in Paris when his little boy asked;

Son: They’ve got guns. They can shoot us because they’re very, very bad, daddy.
Angel Le: They’ve got guns, but we have flowers.
Son: But flowers don’t do anything. They’re for … they’re for … they’re for …
Angel Le: Look, everyone is laying flowers here.
Son: Yes.
Angel Le: It’s to fight against the guns.
Boy: Is it for protection?
Angel Le: That’s right.
Son: And the candles, too?
Angel Le: They’re so we don’t forget the people who have gone.
Son: Oh. The flowers and candles are there to protect us?
Angel Le: Yes.
Reporter: Do you feel better now?
Son: Yes, I feel better.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:08 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,997,640 times
Quote:

Exactly. What the OP proposes is no different a standard than ISIS itself uses - does he/she secretly support ISIS and their barbarous standards or lack thereof?

In addition, won't the ISIS be able to use the indecent desecration of Muslim martyrs' bodies at the hands of the infidel dogs (as they might put it) to enhance their propaganda campaign? Christian martyrs historically had their bodies desecrated on occasion, and obviously that desecration wasn't effective against that religion's followers - why would we expect the followers of ISIS's version of Islam (however less savory that sect is) to respond any differently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Desecrating the bodies of combatants that are already dead is of zero strategic or tactical value.

Old 12-16-2015, 01:10 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
Exactly. What the OP proposes is no different a standard than ISIS itself uses - does he/she secretly support ISIS and their barbarous standards or lack thereof?

In addition, won't the ISIS be able to use the indecent desecration of Muslim martyrs' bodies at the hands of the infidel dogs (as they might put it) to enhance their propaganda campaign? Christian martyrs historically had their bodies desecrated on occasion, and obviously that desecration wasn't effective against that religion's followers - why would we expect the followers of ISIS's version of Islam (however less savory that sect is) to respond any differently?

Desecrating the bodies of combatants that are already dead is of zero strategic or tactical value.
But you have to understand your enemy. These freaks die and kill because they believe they are rewarded with virgins in Nirvana for their barbaric acts. They also believe that if they're not clean and have pig blood on them, their wicked Sky Daddy won't let them in. So we need to let them know that when we kill them, we kill have pig blood on the bullets and bombs....that's all that needs to be done to stop their insanity.

Old 12-16-2015, 01:24 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
The bodies of terrorists should be cremated and the ashes scattered on a hog farm. That would take the "glory" out of their heinous acts.
Oh? Maybe you should ass f--k the corpse before you burn it. WTF. Would we wish that the remains of our soldiers who perished in Middle East be subjected to degrading acts? What happened to taking the high road, because we are better thing.

Mick

Old 12-16-2015, 01:43 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
High mindedness is a luxury we may not have indefinitely.
While not perfect, this country has fought with "high mindedness" against enemies that actually posed an existential threat against our nation. Terrorist on the other hand have never b haven't been nor can be such a threat... unless we ceed our core principles. If the constitution is a luxury, if our sense of right and wrong is thrown by the way side, if we stoop to fight terrorism with terrorism then what is the point?

Old 12-16-2015, 01:56 PM

1,261 posts, read 950,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I find it mind boggling that calling for the desecration of a corpse, which I would have thought we in the West would find abhorrent and completely against our ideals, is OK but speaking up against an action whose only goal is to offend and horrify the other side and does absolutely nothing to ensure anyone's safety is equated to defending terrorism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies