Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 07:52 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Even in the USA, Muslims are 5000% more likely to commit a terrorist act in the USA as a percentage of the population. Obama and the Obots want to bring hundreds of thousands of these 5000% times more likely to commit terrorism people into the USA to make us and our families less safe...it is insane so Michael Savage is once again proved right.
You are probably 5000% more likely to be hit by lighting than get killed by a terrorist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 07:53 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,028 times
As a liberal, I agree that alot of terrorism acts nowadays are perpetrated by Muslims. To be more exact: the radical ones, that follow Quran word by word.
I grew up partially in Indonesia as a kid, and I experienced firsthand how to live among Muslims.
In 1998, there was an incident. in which radical Muslims actually burned the houses of Chinese, who are mostly Christians and Buddhists, tortured the family and raped the wives and daughters in front of the family while shouting "Allahu Akbar".
I was fortunately no longer there but I heard horror stories from friends of my parents who experienced that first hand.

But this does not mean that all Muslims are bad. There are lots of Muslims, who use their noodles and can decide to themselves that some of the teachings are inaccurate / only applied to the olden times.
Same with Christians. Not all of them are racists, homophobes, male-pig chauvinists. Lots of them can use their noodles and decide to themselves that some of the teachings are inaccurate / only applied to the olden times.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:02 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It will be interesting to see if this:Saudi Arabia announces 34-state Islamic military alliance against terrorism | Reuters or just PR hype. IMO it's long overdue that other countries police their own area of the world and the US concentrate on its own problems.
Seems our government enjoys creating problems, not so good at wanting to solve them. I think "problems" must involve income for those who stand by and left chaos happen. It's the people who need to step up and start voting some of these people out of office.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Any recognized authority in Islam ( similar to a minister of any of the Christian denomination church in the US) can issue a fatwa, a ruling, which becomes binding on those who are bound to a given authority. Back in 1988, bin Laden issued a fatwa calling for global acts of terrorism and created al Qadea to execute symbolic acts of terrorism.

While influential in some circles, bin Laden's fatwa had no influence on all of the 25% of the world's population who identify as Muslim.

Just a few days ago 70,000 Muslim clerics gathered in India and passed a fatwa against global terrorists, al- Qadea, Taliban and ISIS. 1.5 million attendees at this event signed a document protesting global terrorism.
Sunni seminaries have been passing similar fatwas since 2008.

Politicians have manipulated rifts between regional religious denominations and sects within, to to achieve their geo- political goals, since forever. The 30 Year War between Protestants and Catholics in Europe is an example of this.

Here in the US we see the occasional Christian minister calling for gays to be put to death, chop- chop. And use the bible as the authority to do so. Their followers nod and cheer.

Nothing comes of these occasional Christian equivelent of a fatwa because these congregations are small and isolated. The majority of US people can and do distinguish between extremes and mainstream Christianity.
The US people do not live in isolatation and are unlikely to follow some guy who lives in caves.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Source?

Many, including law enforcement, see far greater threats from other than Muslims.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/op...or-threat.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mus...merica/5333619
Yeah, the threat of a TEA Party person saying "you people" is definitely the greater threat.

Honestly, I don't give Islamic terrorism in the US a second thought due to the odds being so great of it impacting my life and due to my location. If I lived or worked in the financial district of NYC, I MIGHT give it a thought from time to time, but in the suburbs of Houston, West Nile is a bigger threat to me.

That being said, the threat of worldwide terrorism will continue to be an Islamic threat.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:30 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,509 times
Excuses, deflection, excuses.

The "occasional Christian minister" advocating something evil with no result has absolutely no comparison to a large movement (radical Islam / jihad) that is growing and making extensive use of social media - often from across the ocean - to recruit and influence followers to commit mass murder. The end results have no comparison either, as we have witnessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Any recognized authority in Islam ( similar to a minister of any of the Christian denomination church in the US) can issue a fatwa, a ruling, which becomes binding on those who are bound to a given authority. Back in 1988, bin Laden issued a fatwa calling for global acts of terrorism and created al Qadea to execute symbolic acts of terrorism.

While influential in some circles, bin Laden's fatwa had no influence on all of the 25% of the world's population who identify as Muslim.

Just a few days ago 70,000 Muslim clerics gathered in India and passed a fatwa against global terrorists, al- Qadea, Taliban and ISIS. 1.5 million attendees at this event signed a document protesting global terrorism.
Sunni seminaries have been passing similar fatwas since 2008.

Politicians have manipulated rifts between regional religious denominations and sects within, to to achieve their geo- political goals, since forever. The 30 Year War between Protestants and Catholics in Europe is an example of this.

Here in the US we see the occasional Christian minister calling for gays to be put to death, chop- chop. And use the bible as the authority to do so. Their followers nod and cheer.

Nothing comes of these occasional Christian equivelent of a fatwa because these congregations are small and isolated. The majority of US people can and do distinguish between extremes and mainstream Christianity.
The US people do not live in isolatation and are unlikely to follow some guy who lives in caves.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:32 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are probably 5000% more likely to be hit by lighting than get killed by a terrorist.
I fear the nitwit drivers too busy texting to look at the road more than I do terrorists from any group.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:34 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times
Quote:
Which is why you don't stand in a lightening storm holding a copper rod in the air. You don't invite the strike.
We should restrict immigration from high risk regions.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:38 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,037,287 times
Quote:
When there's lightening, most people head indoors.
Besides, the fear isn't that I'M going to be killed by a terrorist. The fear is that MY fellow Americans, innocent men, woman and children, are going to be killed by a muslim terrorist simply because of their crazy religion.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:39 AM

20,708 posts, read 19,355,286 times
Quote:
Source?

Many, including law enforcement, see far greater threats from other than Muslims.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/op...or-threat.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mus...merica/5333619

That's hardly been the case forever, it wasn't that long ago the papers were full of stories about Saudi royals putting serious dents in the supplies of champagne, cognac, call girls, etc. in the playfrounds of the rich like Monaco.

And that "terror" comes of of what, 100 million of that demographic?

How do Liberals even put on their pants?
39 percent listed extremism connected with Al Qaeda or like-minded terrorist organizations.

That is an enormous number out of a particularly small demographic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies