Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2015, 04:10 PM

5,774 posts, read 5,057,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
This is completely false.
stark contrast
Allah allows and promotes lies ,

God of heaven commits all liars to judgment hell .
Jesus 600 years before Mohamid, proclaimed that "Satan is a liar and the father of it."
There are many other contrasts to Allah, and God of heaven.
With the satan worship that goes on among the elite ,it is no surprise they go along with the muslim.
Now you've fallen off the deep end, sir. Mohammad claimsed to have heard the voice of Gabriel and the complete words of God. But isn't his claim just as plausible as a Jewish man who claimed to be the son of God and can walk on water? Just saying....

Old 12-17-2015, 04:26 PM

13,499 posts, read 18,085,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm pretty sure that's the exact phrase you have to say to convert to Islam.

So yeah....that's a bit disturbing. I wouldn't be okay with anyone trying to trick others into converting to any religion.
So you're saying the teacher is an undercover Muslim?

Old 12-17-2015, 04:35 PM

13,499 posts, read 18,085,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
If the teacher is covering world geography, the class probably does learn about different religions around the world.

That's why I called this a tempest in a teapot.....
Right, as the Mail article stated:

"Bond said in his statement that Ms LaPorte's lesson was consistent with the Standards of Learning in Virginia. As part of the school curriculum, when students are taught about a geographic region, they are also introduced to its dominant religion and written language."

Old 12-17-2015, 04:54 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,602,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm pretty sure that's the exact phrase you have to say to convert to Islam.

So yeah....that's a bit disturbing. I wouldn't be okay with anyone trying to trick others into converting to any religion.
How could one person trick another into converting to a religion? Religion is all about faith--belief in something unseen. A person isn't converted by saying a magic incantation.

Old 12-17-2015, 04:54 PM

18,040 posts, read 25,057,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
You wanted religion in school?
There you go

Old 12-17-2015, 04:55 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,602,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
I thought y'all wanted more religion in schools.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:02 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,334,810 times
I think anyone graduating high school should have a basic understanding of all major world religions. Rather or not you agree with them we need to know what things the other 95% of humanity believe. The main thing is giving a balanced account of each religion. Don't leave out the bad stuff.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,118,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I think anyone graduating high school should have a basic understanding of all major world religions. Rather or not you agree with them we need to know what things the other 95% of humanity believe. The main thing is giving a balanced account of each religion. Don't leave out the bad stuff.
Ok, so which religions are taught in this 7th grade world history class ?
Besides Islam that is.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:48 PM

4,788 posts, read 2,767,113 times
Default Brought to you by ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

In fact, if the powers that be actually had knowledge of the muslim religion back in the late 40s-early 50s, we would most likely not have the problems we are having today. Don't forget...the western world took it upon themselves to create these countries, regardless of the different sects of Islam.

We always reap what we sow, eventually...
Yah, but I'd take it back further, to the Sykes-Picot Agreement between UK & France, which carved up the areas & peoples that had been under the Ottoman Empire/Turkey up until WWI. (Read

Lawrence in Arabia : war, deceit, imperial folly and the making of the modern Middle East / Scott Anderson 1959 - . c2013, Doubleday

SubjectsSummary
  • A narrative chronicle of World War I's Arab Revolt explores the pivotal roles of a small group of adventurers and low-level officers who orchestrated a secret effort to control the Middle East, demonstrating how they instigated jihad against British forces, built an elaborate intelligence ring and forged ties to gain valuable oil concessions.
Length xii, 577 pages : maps, index, photos, chapter notes, bibliography

An excellent primer on the Middle East, Sykes-Picot, Palestine, Israel,the Jews, British, French, Ottoman Empire, the whole mess)

There were lots of peoples & religions & ethnicities that were ready to go @ each other's throats - & the arbitrary lines of the sand were drawn for the convenience of UK & France, not in the interests of developing self-governing entities among the booty from WWI. Then France went under in WWII, & UK won in WWII, but had gone bust in 1944 - two years early, according to their pre-war projections.

The British Empire went belly-up, & UK began the long retreat from Empire - from India, Egypt, Yemen, ...

Old 12-17-2015, 05:58 PM

4,788 posts, read 2,767,113 times
Default Call the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Ok, so which religions are taught in this 7th grade world history class ?
Besides Islam that is.
Look again @ the URL in the OP - it was a high school, 9th grade.

& no, from what I can see, the teacher wasn't teaching Islam directly; she was teaching about Islam, the tradition of burqa, an appreciation of the script used for calligraphy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies