Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 10:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,677,919 times

Advertisements

Governor sends letter congratulating company on being named one of the Business Journal's "Best Places to Work." The company replied with a quite interesting letter of their own!
Quote:
Dear Mr. Scott,

On behalf of myself and my employees, we wanted to extend our sincere thanks to you for making this business possible. You and your team played a critical role in inspiring us to open our doors. As a former public school teacher, your legislation made abundantly clear how much you value the students and profession to which I had devoted my life. Had I not been stripped of my autonomy and respect as an educator, and had my school closed by budget cuts, I never would have decided to become a job creator, thereby earning the acknowledgement from our governor that I never saw after more than a decade of teaching.

I do work hard, though I work fewer hours than most of the dedicated teachers that you frequently demonize and undermine. I also work less hard than my wife, who owns more than half of the company and also did not receive commendation from you. On the up side, I have more time to devote to politics now, especially if you decide to pursue a third term as governor.

We won this accolade because we treat and compensate our employees fairly, and realize that they are responsible for our success. If you'd like to stop by, we'd be happy to show you that valuing employees (and people) is not only the right thing to do, but leads to growth, success, and respect.

Condolences on your failed presidential bid and lack of job creation.

Sincerely,
Ryan Clancy
*co*-owner
Bounce Milwaukee
Monologues of Dissent: Open Letter of the Year: Scott Walker Gets Schooled by Former Teacher Turned Small-Business Owner

Old 12-18-2015, 10:25 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,517,728 times
Lol, a bitter ***** that had to get a real job.

Nuff said.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Lol, a bitter ***** that had to get a real job.

Nuff said.
Teaching is not a "real job?"

The letter states that they work less hours now than when teaching.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:34 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,517,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Teaching is not a "real job?"
That bitter Betsy was not a teacher but a governmental indoctrination agent.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:36 AM

45,301 posts, read 26,793,042 times
I don't see the problem either way.

Walker was nice to send a letter of congrats.

Mr. Clancy spoke his mind to the governor.

Sounds like a win-win. Everyone does not have to agree with everything done.

**However - take note... the last sentence of the letter... Mr. Clancy ends with a snarky remark about a lack of job creation, when that's actually what Mr. Clancy did in opening his business - created jobs. Imagine that...

When you can get people that don't like you to unwittingly follow the plan, it's genius.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't see the problem either way.

Walker was nice to send a letter of congrats.

Mr. Clancy spoke his mind to the governor.

Sounds like a win-win. Everyone does not have to agree with everything done.

**However - take note... the last sentence of the letter... Mr. Clancy ends with a snarky remark about a lack of job creation, when that's actually what Mr. Clancy did in opening his business - created jobs. Imagine that...

When you can get people that don't like you to unwittingly follow the plan, it's genius.
Actually, WI has shedding jobs like a mangy dog.

Wisconsin lawmakers concerned about loss of manufacturing jobs | Local News - WISN Home

Old 12-18-2015, 11:21 AM

45,301 posts, read 26,793,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I think the fact that you had to go back a couple of months to find this tells me you are simply out to discredit Walker instead of simply acknowledging the truth that Walker is focused on creating jobs.

So you reference this article about Wisconsin job loss, hoping that people will just blame Walker.

However, the article states...
Gov. Scott Walker's Manufacturing Day tour of a Mequon factory came at the end of a tough week for local manufacturing. More than 100 temporary layoffs were announced at Joy Global in West Milwaukee, and GE announced it was shutting down production at its iconic Waukesha Engine plant and moving 350 manufacturing jobs to Canada.

The governor said his staff continues to have talks with GE.

“Just what sorts of things can we do in general, not just for the Waukesha site, but to keep GE and GE-related employees in the state,” Walker said.

GE said it's making the move because Congress did not renew the government's export-import bank, cutting off a financing source for the company.
Walker is working to try and keep the jobs that the Feds' policies are wiping out.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:21 AM

52,219 posts, read 33,956,889 times
the scott walker obsession continues. thread #703

Old 12-18-2015, 11:31 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,531,814 times
Take a look at the Chicago school system for a success story on public unions.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:35 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,434,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the scott walker obsession continues. thread #703

You spelled ONE MILLION wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.