U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 05:49 PM

6,219 posts, read 6,642,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
Do you support the Free the Nipple movement? Is it an issue that presidential candidates should address?

Should a woman's choice to be topless in public be legalized nationwide? Why or why not? Discuss.
Depends on the nipples.......😇
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 05:52 PM

22,064 posts, read 9,380,714 times
Quote:
Do you support the Free the Nipple movement? Is it an issue that presidential candidates should address?

Should a woman's choice to be topless in public be legalized nationwide? Why or why not? Discuss.
For god's sake--are we back in the 70s? A total non-issue.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:54 PM

29,518 posts, read 16,420,293 times
Quote:
No. Presidents should focus on jobs and a dozen other priorities.

Quote:
Standards for nudity should be determined at the local level. If people in one town want no restrictions, sobeit. If people in another town don't want to allow anyone to expose their torso, that's fine too.

The federal government should not be involved at all.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:05 PM

2 posts, read 707 times
This is more of a random free-for-all than a rational discussion, but I thought I would put in my two cents.

I'm a man. Being bare-chested at the swimming pool or beach is a wonderful simple pleasure.

The question, in my mind, is whether it's appropriate to forbid women the ability to enjoy that same wonderful simple pleasure.

I can't imagine why it would be.

Breasts are not genitals. Comparisons between women's breasts and men's genitals make no sense.

Yes, men find women's breasts attractive but I understand that women (and homosexual men) likewise find men's chests attractive. Men aren't denied the pleasure of being bare-chested because someone might find their chests attractive. Also, men find women's faces, hair, legs, eyes, arms, etc. attractive as well. Some muslims believe that for that reason women should cover all those parts as well. That doesn't make any sense. There is no reason a women should be compelled to wear a burqa because men find women attractive. Similarly, women should not be denied the right to be topfree because men find their breasts attractive.

As women being topfree becomes more common, then it will become more accepted. Men won't find a random bare boob nearly as remarkable. And regardless of how common it does or does not become, no man has any right to be an idiot or worse merely because a woman's breasts are exposed. They've been doing it in Europe for fifty years and the world hasn't come to an end. I'm confident that Americans are capable of the same maturity.

With respect to breastfeeding, anyone who has an opposition to women breast-feeding is off the deep end, as far as I'm concerned. Breast-feeding in my mind is extremely important, and I'm supportive of a woman breast-feeding any time, any where, in any fashion. How someone could presume to judge exactly where and in what manner a women should breast-feed is beyond me. It's not a shameful act, it's a beautiful act and we as a nation need to support it as much as possible. If you don't like it, then look away.

Women who wish to sunbathe or swim topfree, or breastfeed aren't doing to be provocative. I'm completely mystified why someone would begin to believe that they understand anything about a woman's morals because she wants to breastfeed her child or enjoy the feeling of the wind and sun on her chest like 100's of millions of men do.

I also don't understand the people who say "there are more important things to worry about." While that's true, it's pointless. First, there are presumably 100 million women over the age of 18 in the U.S. The comfort of 100 million women seems worth considering. Second, it's an interesting subject. Third, people can focus on numerous civic issues at the same time. There are many more important issues than the local baseball team, or the new restaurant that's opening up, or whether a piece of equipment at the park should be replaced, and no one would ever judge someone commenting on one of those things by saying "you shouldn't focus on that issue because there are more important matters at issue in the world." We can focus on many, many things, and women obtaining the right to be topfree seems worth devoting attention to.

So, that's what I think. I support free the nipple. I believe our country is already becoming more topfree friendly for women, and I'm hopeful it will continue to become more common for women to feel comfortable being topfree.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:27 PM

30,390 posts, read 20,026,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Sex is not immoral. It is natural . People like you are the problem.

Sex can be moral, immoral, natural or unnatural.

A lack of common sense is the problem.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:31 PM

18,639 posts, read 7,250,336 times
Quote:

Most POTUS candidates are BOOBS.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:13 AM

22,562 posts, read 16,717,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's ridiculous that women can't discreetly breastfeed in public. They shouldn't have to go to a public bathroom and sit on a toilet to do it. But beyond that, do we really need the distraction of bare breasted women in public places? I say no, if the differences between a man and woman's right to go topless bothers you so much, start a movement to get guys to wear shirts in public which, of course, would also be ridiculous.
"Discreetly" being the key word.

Agree with you, word for word.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:05 AM

11,618 posts, read 5,904,486 times
Most women promote bonerism. Personally, I think it's in their nature.

That doesn't mean they want to be raped, or that rape should be justified for these boner activists.

There is nothing wrong with men walking around all day with a siloed boner.

Breasts are projections - Where's the equality!

Are steel-cup bras available for female cops?

I guess they are -

10 Bras Made of Metal You Need to See

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 01-02-2016 at 03:02 AM..

Old 01-02-2016, 04:20 AM

41,505 posts, read 51,230,061 times
Is see restricting nudity as a last attempt to inflict 18th Century morality on the rest off us. The primary reason to restrict a woman from exposing her breasts or nipples is to reinforce the notion that women are and always will be second or third class citizens. These restrictions are about social and political control more then they are about sex.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:46 AM

5,501 posts, read 8,832,394 times
I don't have a dog in the fight.... I think at swimming areas it would be ok for topless. I don't want to see it at the grocery store or local mall.

I think a lot of people should not go topless in public both MEN and women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies