Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 04:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The Scotus has already said that states can't do this.

Lawsuit will be filed against the idiots running Virginia and this move will be declared unconstitutional.

How long until it makes it to the Supreme Court? Who in all reality, is government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 05:21 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How long until it makes it to the Supreme Court? Who in all reality, is government.
It only takes a local court to cite precedent and impose an injunction on the AG's move. It will then be up to the AG to take up to a higher level.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:24 PM

188 posts, read 103,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a4d_story.html

Only a democrat is this dumb. You want to "crack down" on the 2nd amendment so you refuse to recognize CCP from 25 states....a CCP is hard to get you actually have to pass background check even if you didn't do so when you bought the weapon,some states require training or safety classes. So glad that moron Governor can only serve 1 term. Republican would have won the last election if that idiot libertarian had not run.
Then 25 states should refuse to recognize Driver's Licenses from VA

Old 12-23-2015, 06:34 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
I posted this in the Current Events section but it is just as relevant hear.

I live in Richmond, VA. and I don't understand this, I did not realize that there is such a problem of people coming hear from other states that were already Carry Conceal holders and then committing crimes.
At this point this bill does not directly affect me, but now I am thinking that other states will no honor the VA Carry Conceal Permit.

This is trying to fix a problem that is not a problem in the first place.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:25 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
I posted this in the Current Events section but it is just as relevant hear.

I live in Richmond, VA. and I don't understand this, I did not realize that there is such a problem of people coming hear from other states that were already Carry Conceal holders and then committing crimes.
At this point this bill does not directly affect me, but now I am thinking that other states will no honor the VA Carry Conceal Permit.

This is trying to fix a problem that is not a problem in the first place.
But Virginias AG did something. That is what is important here. Actions are important. Adversarial actions against your fellow States including one that borders you but actions nonetheless.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:32 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
But Virginias AG did something. That is what is important here. Actions are important. Adversarial actions against your fellow States including one that borders you but actions nonetheless.

Actions against over 4 million people who are not breaking the law that come to Virginia to vacation, if they already had Carry Conceal permits, now you will make them a criminal for not upholding Virginia Law, when they were not breaking the laws in the first place.

NO ACTION needs to be done, this was not a real problem in the first place. It is wannabe legislation trying to fix a problem that does not exist.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:36 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a4d_story.html

Only a democrat is this dumb. You want to "crack down" on the 2nd amendment so you refuse to recognize CCP from 25 states....a CCP is hard to get you actually have to pass background check even if you didn't do so when you bought the weapon,some states require training or safety classes. So glad that moron Governor can only serve 1 term. Republican would have won the last election if that idiot libertarian had not run.

Straight from the We have to do something! hysteria that leads ineffective government wimps to do nothing of consequence.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:44 PM

314 posts, read 400,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The Scotus has already said that states can't do this.

Lawsuit will be filed against the idiots running Virginia and this move will be declared unconstitutional.
When did the SCOTUS say that a state must recognize other state conceal carry license? Virginia already do not recognize many other states conceal carry license.

It's always fun when seeing someone calling somebody else idiots when the name caller does not know what s/he talks about.

Who is the idiot now?

BTW, before you run your mouth about me being anti-gun nut. I am a conceal carry license holder in the state of Virginia.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:47 PM

314 posts, read 400,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
They are the party of control freaks and busybodies. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they weren't trying to run our lives.
Like what? Telling what women can or cannot do with their bodies? Oh the irony!

Old 12-23-2015, 07:50 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Does Virginia recognize medical licenses from other states, PE (engineering) licenses?

Where do guns fit in with many other vastly more meaningful licenses which need to be earned before they are awarded,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies