Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 08:02 AM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I don't know about you but I don't want my deputy sheriff speaking at a mosque in full Islamic garb. WTH? What's he doing there? Of course, giving them weapons training to beat an active shooter. Gimme a break. How about training office workers to beat active shooter at a Christmas party? That might come handy. And to all who say his religion does not affect his work, how does he find time to give a speech at a mosque? Is he going to a synagogue next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAhsbjSTbRE
There have been many LE's reaching out to the Muslim community, does your religion effect your work. Seems like the councilman that was questioning this officer is letting his religion get in the way of his job, maybe he needs to look in the mirror.

You should listen to the last minute of the video you posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 08:15 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I am a police officer and this guy has no business being a police officer as he had to swear an oath to the constitution. Islam and sharia law have no business in a free society
Yeah well except for the fact that the Constitution says:
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
I get a real kick out of these fraud fauxservatives who claim to love the Constitution but turn around and stand against it's principles. Why don't they just come out and admit that they are really just neo-fascist statists? There's nothing remotely conservative about these un-American loons, a real conservative supports freedom of religion .... all religions.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:31 AM

15,863 posts, read 21,441,250 times
You can believe in a set of religious rules for yourself (Sharia law, Halacha, etc) but still uphold the laws of the land for everyone else. For instance, he probably does not eat pork because it is against the Qu'ran (and the Torah). Do you really think he's going to go on raids removing ham from the Christmas dinner table? Jesus might, however.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:33 AM

15,863 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I am a police officer and this guy has no business being a police officer as he had to swear an oath to the constitution. Islam and sharia law have no business in a free society
As a citizen, you have no business being a police officer with that ignorant set of opinions. Do you follow a faith? I'm certain we do not share the same faith, but that in of itself would not bother me from a LEO. Why should it bother you that this officer follows his faith for himself? Or are you the type of person who believes everyone should believe as you do? Again, if that's the case, please turn in your badge immediately.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:06 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Is the position of sheriff in that town an elected position? If so then this should come up when he is up for re-election. If the people of the town agree that it was a bad appointment, then the sheriff who hired him can be voted out of office. If sheriff is an appointed position in that town then bring it up when the person who appointed him is up for re-election.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:19 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,961 times
Is there any evidence at all that he has not upheld the laws that he has sworn to uphold? He should be judged on the basis of how well he does his job.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:22 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
David Rosenthal said he doesn't necessarily want to harm Muslims. He just doesn't "want them around."
"I hate Islam. Islam is evil," Rosenthal said. "Ideally, I would ban Islam in the United States."

...what a piece of work.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:58 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
David Rosenthal said he doesn't necessarily want to harm Muslims. He just doesn't "want them around."
"I hate Islam. Islam is evil," Rosenthal said. "Ideally, I would ban Islam in the United States."

...what a piece of work.
He represents the views of about 2/3 of modern Republican fauxservatives. They claim to love the Constitution but want to ban everything that's not Christian or White. Only White people are capable of being 'real Americans' in their universe.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Anti-Muslim group wants Broward sheriff's deputy fired

Now if this guy was just a garden variety Muslim fasting and praying I wouldn't mind but this guy is an out and out activist. He is the director of CAIR in Florida! On top of that he has said he does not renounce Koranic laws. How is this going to work?

He is a deputy. He is not the Sheriff.

Think of the federal government jumping all over it, if he is fired for his radical anti-american(unconstitutional, sworn to uphold the constitution) rhetoric.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post

...what a piece of work.

I agree with him.
You have not researched Islam and the goal of Islam, throughout the world. Much less the means to accomplish it, as seen throughout history and the massacre of Jewish, Christians and all non-believers of Islam.
Pure Evil, to the freedom of all mankind.

Prove me wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies