Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 10:56 AM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Funny how you think your one size fits all unaffordable crap ideas will last even after they fail and fail over again.Keep Believing losers I will be hanging in my hovel laughing at all the money you spend chasing your utopia.A Country of SLAVES working jobs they hate only to be replaced by HB1 visa workers. I am the one winning this battle and you attack me.FOOLS you can see it coming and ignore it .I would rather be a PAR FLECHE than the modern American blind looser

$1,800 a month income is hardly winning. Not being able to afford basics like Health Insurance is not winning. Attempting to cure cancer by yourself is hardly winning the battle.

As a taxpayer, though, you are saving me money by not using services you qualify for, and being a fiscal conservative, I like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 10:58 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,479,741 times
I just looked up the penalty and it's not as bad as I thought compared to my absurd 30% premium increase with $12,000 deductible. I'm going to cancel and pay the penalty for 2016. Screw Obamacare. I'll stash the premium money ($1,050 per month), pay for doctor as needed and accept the risk...

Old 12-26-2015, 11:02 AM

16,579 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Well I never paid and never heard from them so far.Won't pay this year either. the gov mafia don't scare me much
Many who are paying are not individuals, rather they are using payroll services that do it automatically (Paychex, ADP, etc.).
Most that are not paying it I suspect are like you, who choose to do it independently, not via a service.

Heck I remember my auto mechanic (who hates Obama) wanted to sign up for Obamacare because he didn't have insurance. Once he started to have to fill out forms asking all sorts of business and personal finance questions, he said "no way".

`

Old 12-26-2015, 11:17 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,934,552 times
There are quite a few exemptions. You might want to check into them as odds are you may qualify for at least one.

I'd consider a membership in a healthcare ministry (qualify as exemption to the penalty)....CHS (think it's christian healthcare ministry) is one cheap one. Make sure you understand exactly what it is.

I'd also check out the Self Pay Patient website and book as there is lots of good advice there. No, I don't have any affiliation to website or book at all.

Incidentally, I worked as a claims processor for decades for pretty much any major player you can imagine. It is absolutely shocking to me how few people understand the ramifications of these huge deductibles and coinsurances. It just blows my mind.

Premiums are only one part of the picture.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:24 PM

89,002 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Personally I hope Obamacare goes down in flames so that we get REAL Socialized healthcare.

Medicare for one and all!
No problem. Everyone can pay Medicare tax for decades before they're eligible for benefits. That's how Medicare works. Are you on board with that?

Old 12-26-2015, 06:11 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,997,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
um.... get a better job? Quit popping out kids and buying lottery tickets?
Obamacare's direct effect is to make everyone* poorer - fleecing the populace if they don't choose to contribute to the insurance cartel takes money from the people, and thus from the country's productive economy. That system impoverishes not only directly but also indirectly. If you actually want the common people to "get a better job" perhaps you could stop supporting policies that obstruct them from doing so and that render many jobs' paychecks insufficient to live well off of.

*Well, everyone aside from state enforcers and the health insurance cartel. And recent trends suggest the system the insurance lobbyists wrote into law is unexpectedly giving their own industry the worse end of the deal, because the system is just that terribly designed.

Quote:
This ain't rocket surgery. We already provide Yuge subsidies for people who actually can't afford health insurance. Those that don't qualify for subsidies CAN afford it. But it ain't my job to teach them money management skills.
I thought the whole point of this "shared responsibility" shtick was to keep the low-lifes from "costing everyone else" for their health care - if "everyone else" is going to pay for their health care anyway by subsidizing the health insurance cartel, what is the point of maintaining such a system? The only purpose of it is to enrich the health insurance cartel and its state enforcers via plundering the common people, "everyday Americans" as the supposed Democratic nominee-in-waiting puts it.

Oh, and speaking of shared responsibility I can't wait until all the individuals who voted for Obamacare or participated in its implementation fulfill their "shared responsibility" to the American people for the $2500 per household per year savings they repeatedly promised in order to gain passage of the law (Gruber admitted that without such lies it would never have passed). Using false pretenses to sell a product that costs the customer dearly, as the health care system they created has, is generally quite frowned upon under the law, and it is a sound principle routinely enforced by personal liability - government and politics should be no exception. Especially not if we are to have a society of "shared responsibility" - with no share for the rulers, the concept is without meaning outside of propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies