Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 06:21 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

The tax penalty for not having health insurance is going to increase in 2016. All those who don,t pay will eventually get a bill with high interest included. The government loves to take your money even if you are struggling financially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 06:23 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The tax penalty for not having health insurance is going to increase in 2016. All those who don,t pay will eventually get a bill with high interest included. The government loves to take your money even if you are struggling financially.

Of course, the vast majority are intelligent enough to work and be covered by terrific group plans, as I have been for over 30 years.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:25 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I don't have jet skis grow my own baccy,brew my own mead and drive a 26 year old f150 and pay all my bills like the rest of us and don't cry about it.I think you like to be mean to senior citizens for fun.cause you happen to be doing right now and look down your nose at regular folk for fun.Hope it holds out for ya champ.
Senior citizens qualify for Medicare (aka Socialized Medicine). Obamacare does not apply to them. I'm deeply sorry if you're too ignorant to understand this.

Last edited by turkey-head; 12-25-2015 at 06:36 PM..

Old 12-25-2015, 06:29 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Quote:
Yep. So be a MAN and pay your bills.

And please quit crying about it. Subsidies are available for those who need it. If you don't qualify... then it's time for some Personal Responsibility(TM).

Old 12-25-2015, 06:31 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Of course, the vast majority are intelligent enough to work and be covered by terrific group plans, as I have been for over 30 years.

??? ??? ??? ???

There are tens of millions of intelligent Americans who have jobs without employer plans. Their existence is one reason Obamacare was imposed on us.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? ??? ??? ???

There are tens of millions of intelligent Americans who have jobs without employer plans. Their existence is one reason Obamacare was imposed on us.

A minority do not have employer plans. I do not include those who CHOSE not to have them, such as independent contractors stupid enough not to factor in to their COL the proper cost of benefits they forgo willingly via their lifestyle choice.

But well over 1/2 our non senior citizen population is covered via group employer coverage. 49% of 87% non senior is 54% of that group)

http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/total-population/

Old 12-25-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Yep. So be a MAN and pay your bills.

And please quit crying about it. Subsidies are available for those who need it. If you don't qualify... then it's time for some Personal Responsibility(TM).

For some reason you refuse to disabuse yourself of the fallacy that there is an affordable plan for everyone who needs it.

What about people with pre-existing (before ACA was enacted) high debt and/or living expenses. Like say people earning $20K with six-figure student loan debt?

What about those who can afford the insurance but can't afford the high max out-of-pocket expenses?

Old 12-25-2015, 06:37 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Senior citizens qualify for Medicare (aka Socialized Medicine). Obamacare does not apply to them. I'm deeply sorry if you're to ignorant to understand this.
You just keep coming back like skin cancer.Thankyou for calling me ignorant you already used stupid lazy idiot and all the rest of your vocabulary. They don't just come in and pay your freaking bills college boy first they steal from your SS check then the clock starts.You are thinking of Medicaid the stuff obamas illegal Mexicans use.We have had a major winter storm keeping me from my family tonite and that is the only reason I am here entertaining your existence on this earth.and it has been fun youngen

Old 12-25-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:

And what is the followup when people ignore the bills?

Old 12-25-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post

For some reason you refuse to disabuse yourself of the fallacy that there is an affordable plan for everyone who needs it.

What about people with pre-existing (before ACA was enacted) high debt and/or living expenses. Like say people earning $20K with six-figure student loan debt?

What about those who can afford the insurance but can't afford the high max out-of-pocket expenses?

Subsidies cover them. I have a cousin who had ACA, now is on Medicare, wife still ACA, and he pays $0 for premium after subsidy and most of out of pocket max was waived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies