U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-24-2015, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Sweet Home Chicago!
5,141 posts, read 3,667,864 times
Reputation: 5988

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Despite every demographic trend, every plausible electoral map, and the vast majority of polls.

Yeah, I'm real worried
Let's see where you're sitting in about 6 months. Trump is a little preoccupied with winning the GOP nomination right now. Once he focuses his full attention on Hillary's mountain of baggage, things will change. This is the year of the non-establishment candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-24-2015, 11:04 PM
 
2 posts, read 1,210 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Y'all are gonna find out in 2016 that most Americans do not in fact live in your conservabubble.
Hillary can't win. America/the world won't elect a woman to go and win a war. "Commander Hillary Clinton"?

It's Sanders or Trump or some darkhorse now. Biden took the Dems away with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2015, 11:11 PM
 
8,878 posts, read 5,026,451 times
Reputation: 9229
a lot of people claiming trump has a 30% favorite but if you actually talk to the middle class that have daily jobs, its more like 60% or higher. This is not a gop vs democrat war, its a we are tired of the BS vs washington war. not one group but both groups
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2015, 12:35 AM
 
32,244 posts, read 26,085,102 times
Reputation: 18910
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Despite every demographic trend, every plausible electoral map, and the vast majority of polls.

Yeah, I'm real worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Democrats are far from perfect on such issues. Doesn't change the fact that Republicans' stock and trade is crony capitalism and selling out American workers. There's a reason American unions virtually NEVER endorse Republicans.
the only reason the unions support democrats is because the democrats are the ones that gave them the power they wanted.

in the end however, even the unions got sold down the river by democrats with the free trade agreements like nafta.

as for your claim of demographic trends, electoral maps, etc. it all rubbish at this point. you can use them to "bench race" the election, but until such time as the voters go to the polls, that is all you have right now, talk. and your demographics, electoral maps and polling data is all going to change once the primary season, and the conventions, are over, and the general election cycle begins in earnest. as election day draws closer, the gaps will narrow and eventually indicate the real outcome of the general election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2015, 04:43 AM
 
2,932 posts, read 3,990,364 times
Reputation: 1781
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Let's see where you're sitting in about 6 months. Trump is a little preoccupied with winning the GOP nomination right now. Once he focuses his full attention on Hillary's mountain of baggage, things will change. This is the year of the non-establishment candidate.
You think Trump doesn't have any baggage? As you say, wait till after the nomination. Should be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2015, 05:48 AM
 
77,708 posts, read 33,130,619 times
Reputation: 15503
It's unfair to call him a Democrat. They are only interested in their votes not in taking the jobs of citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2015, 06:25 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,082 posts, read 33,490,122 times
Reputation: 14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Democrats are far from perfect on such issues. Doesn't change the fact that Republicans' stock and trade is crony capitalism and selling out American workers. There's a reason American unions virtually NEVER endorse Republicans.

Remember... Obama beat Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2015, 07:56 AM
 
17,027 posts, read 9,510,845 times
Reputation: 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Wait... hold on. You're SURPRISED that the GOP is selling out American workers in favor of short-term corporate profits?

Seriously- this surprises you... Republicans doing precisely what they've done for GENERATIONS.


I guess this is what we should expect from a Trump supporter.




Thankfully we have Goldman Sachs in DC now.....Ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2015, 08:04 AM
 
11,816 posts, read 4,994,786 times
Reputation: 18074
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Despite every demographic trend, every plausible electoral map, and the vast majority of polls.

Yeah, I'm real worried
Yeah, your also living in your little liberal elitist bubble. The election isn't next week is it? Hilary is the worst candidate you could nominate and you know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2015, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
30,359 posts, read 19,996,624 times
Reputation: 8307
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Y'all are gonna find out in 2016 that most Americans do not in fact live in your conservabubble.

'Course, y'all found out the same thing in 2008 and 2012.

And look how much y'all learnt from it



There are two divisions in US politics based on donor status.


Active, major donors pick which candidates on both sides we have the option of choosing in the general election.


Of course by that time, the only difference between the two is their stance on gay marriage (largely a non-issue now) and abortion with both party finalists agreeing on unrestricted free trade with third world nations, effectively open borders, wage crushing legal immigration, ever-expanding guest worker programs and a consistent refusal to get rid of the illegals already here.


The other division, the non-donors (include small donors), break into two camps.


The first camp is composed of net recipients of unearned government benefits.


These voters tend to vote for Democrats.


The second camp is made up of net tax payers.


These individuals tend to vote for Republicans simply because they have nowhere else to go.


Preemptive corruption of the political process by the donor class has been going on for a long time and has led to a sort of political schizophrenia in the US with the ideologically neutral donor-class supporting candidates on both sides of the aisle who buy the votes of net recipients (advantage Democrats) while still making the interests of the corporate overlords the top priority (advantage Republicans).


The individuals necessarily left out in the cold under this effective kleptocracy are net tax payers who work for a living in the private sector and are the subjects of this perpetual theft.


They oppose the corrupt practice of buying political support with their hard-earned tax dollars and using that political advantage purchased with their money to silence their opposition to the free lunch everyone else is enjoying while they are busting their tax-paying asses at work.


Present day Democrats and Republicans owe their existence to this reverse Robin Hood arrangement, and while the corporate ***** wing of the Republican Party can be counted on to pay lip service to opposing it, in reality, they draw their water from the same well.


Working tax payers are an unrepresented minority of voters who have for years been politically disenfranchised by the majority donor-mooch alliance.


We'll see if they can muster the numbers this time around to overcome those who benefit from their labor.

Last edited by momonkey; 12-25-2015 at 08:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top