U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: is "white privilege" an excuse for black failure?
yes 204 71.58%
no 81 28.42%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-29-2015, 05:00 PM
 
9,948 posts, read 6,894,117 times
Reputation: 4221

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope.

A Black man is President of the USA, the most powerful position in the country and the world for that matter. Your "theory" is disproved.

Furthermore, you fail to establish that society holds back Black people. Obama proves they don't. It's the choices that one makes in life that determines success or failure. Obama proves this as well. And since you think you know something about math & logic, it only takes one example to the contrary to disprove a theory. Your theory, which is nothing more than "Whitey is Racist", is nonsense.


I will add this. Someone who walks around, and blames made up bogymen for their state in life is no doubt someone who fails to grasp this. You are not owed anything by anyone except for maybe the people who brought you into this world. Crying that society is racist, unfair, ad nauseam, etc. is only going to get you a wet face.
My theory was never that a black man could not be president. Using the law of specificity, the only theory that the election of a black man disproves.....would be the theory that a black man could not become president. I never argued that. Furthermore, following the absurdity of your argument 9 black people could not be killed because of their race, in SC because a black man being president means such things no longer exists.

 
Old 12-29-2015, 05:00 PM
 
45,374 posts, read 18,002,973 times
Reputation: 18983
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The poster boy for white privilege.....
Nope. You confuse this with being rich.

Case in point.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIBPhZKvJa0
 
Old 12-29-2015, 05:02 PM
 
552 posts, read 245,601 times
Reputation: 256
White privilege doesn't exist but non-white privilege sure does.
 
Old 12-29-2015, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Sin City
241 posts, read 371,590 times
Reputation: 390
White privilege is a real thing whether you acknowledge it or not
 
Old 12-29-2015, 05:04 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,618 posts, read 19,058,450 times
Reputation: 18958
White privilege is also the ability to deny that privilege when convenient and to take advantage of that privilege when beneficial.
 
Old 12-29-2015, 05:05 PM
 
552 posts, read 245,601 times
Reputation: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakerfreak View Post
White privilege is a real thing whether you acknowledge it or not
I can't acknowledge something that is not real. "White privilege" is a made up term that SJW's can't prove exists but insist that it does so they can use it as a bludgeon to make white males feel guilty about something that happened 150 years and which they didn't do and didn't happen to any person living today. At the same time it serves as a convenient excuse for non-whites(particularly blacks) to accept failure because they can just say that whites are "privileged" and that history has a disparate impact on the present. Its a cop out so that they don't have to take responsibility for their own lives and can be perpetual victims.
 
Old 12-29-2015, 05:15 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,618 posts, read 19,058,450 times
Reputation: 18958
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
I can't acknowledge something that is not real. "White privilege" is a made up term that SJW's can't prove exists but insist that it does so they can use it as a bludgeon to make white males feel guilty about something that happened 150 years and which they didn't do. At the same time it serves as a convenient excuse for non-whites(particularly blacks) to accept failure because they can just say that whites are "privileged".
White privilege exists regardless of your acknowledgment. White privilege exists even exists amongst black EXCELLENCE. Even the most powerful, wealthy, accomplished black people are not immune to the insults of white privilege.


White privilege exists despite your personal lack of acknowledgment. This is NOT about making white people in 2015 feel guilty about the African diaspora and American slavery. The discussion of white privilege can be discussed using Native Americans, Asian Americans and/or Hispanic Americans. This is NOT a black vs white discussion.
 
Old 12-29-2015, 05:19 PM
 
552 posts, read 245,601 times
Reputation: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakerfreak View Post
White privilege is a real thing whether you acknowledge it or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
White privilege exists regardless of your acknowledgment.



Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
White privilege exists despite your personal lack of acknowledgment.
Do you both have the same talking point sheet from The Social Justice Warrior Bulletin? You keep repeating that like a mantra. Its beginning to sound like a broken record.
 
Old 12-29-2015, 05:20 PM
 
260 posts, read 179,289 times
Reputation: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
Do you all have the same talking point sheet from The Social Justice Warrior Bulletin? You keep repeating that like a mantra. Its beginning to sound like a broken record.
It's not called the Social Justice Warrior Bulletin anymore. I think the new name is tumblr
 
Old 12-29-2015, 05:23 PM
 
9,948 posts, read 6,894,117 times
Reputation: 4221
White privilege cannot and does not exist in the minds of white supremacist. To such people, white privilege is an illusion created in the minds of the racially inferior in order to keep from accepting the reality of their own inferiority. A white supremacist will never accept any logic, any facts, any evidence to the contrary, as any other reason provided to explain the difference in outcomes and performance, no matter how documented and factual.....will be seen by the white supremacist as an EXCUSE.

White supremacist will not admit that they are white supremacist or that the premise of their argument is white supremacy because the admission only validates the argument of those who say white racism has been the root cause of the problem.....through self fulfilling prophecy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:47 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top