Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: is "white privilege" an excuse for black failure?
yes 204 71.58%
no 81 28.42%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 05:27 PM

260 posts, read 239,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
White privilege cannot and does not exist in the minds of white supremacist. To such people, white privilege is an illusion created in the minds of the racially inferior in order to keep from accepting the reality of their own inferiority. A white supremacist will never accept any logic, any facts, any evidence to the contrary, as any other reason provided to explain the difference in outcomes and performance, no matter how documented and factual.....will be seen by the white supremacist as an EXCUSE.

White supremacist will not admit that they are white supremacist or that the premise of their argument is white supremacy because the admission only validates the argument of those who say white racism has been the root cause of the problem.....through self fulfilling prophecy.
So you're argument against white supremacists calling other races inferior is that white people are the ones who are inferior? Damn that is solid. Just brought a tear to my eye, I think you just shut every white privilege denier here down!

BRAVO! Take a bow

Old 12-29-2015, 05:39 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDothisoften View Post
So you're argument against white supremacists calling other races inferior is that white people are the ones who are inferior? Damn that is solid. Just brought a tear to my eye, I think you just shut every white privilege denier here down!

BRAVO! Take a bow
Nice straw man. The basis for dissent against the idea of white privilege....is white supremacy. In other words, whites do better than blacks not because of an artificial privilege, but rather, natural supremacy over blacks.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:42 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
There you go again. If people don't agree with you, they are a White supremacist. i.e. You try, again, to tell us what White People think.
Quote:
White privilege cannot and does not exist in the minds of white supremacist.
This, even though when faced with the same thing with Blacks you instantly say....
Quote:
I would like to know how either of you geniuses know what most black people think? I would be incredulous if you sought to tell me what MOST of your own race thinks....because there is no way that you KNOW. Therefore, think how incredulous I am when one claims to know how MOST of another race thinks?
So yet again you contradict yourself. You are just making up nonsense as you go along and tripping up on your own words in the process.

The fact of the matter is that you have already stated that it's impossible for someone to state how an entire race thinks. This alone makes every one of your "White Privilege" arguments moot.

Old 12-29-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There you go again. If people don't agree with you nonsense they are a White supremacists. i.e. You telling us what White People think

Yet when faced with the same type of thing with Blacks you instantly say....

So yet again you contradict yourself. You are just making up nonsense as you go along and tripping up on your own words in the process.
Where is the proof that you are not a white supremacist ( I can use jujitsu too)? You are saying that no such thing has existed that would manifest in a discrepancy between black and white performance/outcome. If whites had no artificially imposed advantage, privilege, logically the only way they could out perform blacks is to be naturally superior....no? Of course that is your position....because it is the ONLY logical possibility after you eliminate external causes for the discrepancy. Hence, I am not reading minds....I am reading words. I am taking what is given and logically deducing what you are afraid to say.

PS...I call your straw man. I am not trying to tell you what white people think, as you say. I am trying to tell you what WHITE SUPREMACIST think. They think whites are superior and that white superiority explains why whites do better than blacks. Captain Obvious knows that. Anyone who does not know that such is what a white supremacist thinks is an idiot. By the way....that is what you are implying, if not saying, in your argument. If its not external......it has to be internal. One does not need an advanced degree to know that. I guess its reading minds if you only said that the light was not on.....to conclude that you were saying that the light was off....even though you never used the word "off".

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 12-29-2015 at 06:11 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 05:46 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
You asked 'What is African-American culture?'

I gave you the answer and the topic isn't about me. If you don't care to accept it, then it means that knowledge wasn't the reason for asking.
No, YOU gave no answer. Guess you'd rather run from the question.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:13 PM

552 posts, read 314,063 times
Quote:
Nice straw man. The basis for dissent against the idea of white privilege....is white supremacy. In other words, whites do better than blacks not because of an artificial privilege, but rather, natural supremacy over blacks.
The SJW's ought to get their stories straight. A member of the tag team said that WP has nothing to do with blacks, and here you are saying that it does.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:17 PM

552 posts, read 314,063 times
Quote:
Where is the proof that you are not a white supremacist ( I can use jujitsu too)? You are saying that no such thing has existed that would manifest in a discrepancy between black and white performance/outcome. If whites had no artificially imposed advantage, privilege, logically the only way they could out perform blacks is to be naturally superior....no? "
You are using a false dichotomy fallacy. There is another reason besides "privilege" or superiority that you haven't considered. The people who are on the short end of the discrepancy aren't working as hard as the achievers. You can go to any school or public library to see this for yourself. The students inside tend to be the ones who get good grades and the ones who aren't inside don't do as well academically. This is true regardless of skin color. It is as true on the athletic field, unless you have abandoned your "privilege" argument and are going to call non-whites naturally superior in certain physical endeavors.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
You are using a false dichotomy fallacy. There is another reason besides "privilege" or superiority that you haven't considered. The people who are on the short end of the discrepancy aren't working as hard as the achievers. You can go to any school or public library to see this for yourself. The students inside tend to be the ones who get good grades and the ones who aren't inside don't do as well academically. This is true regardless of skin color. It is as true on the athletic field, unless you have abandoned your "privilege" argument and are going to call non-whites naturally superior in certain physical endeavors.
That sounds to me like the stereotype of the lazy black, that has been a staple of racism for centuries. You just don't get it. You are saying that white people have something that blacks do not have to the same degree, that results in whites ability to work harder than blacks. Why would whites have such a trait and blacks not? You cannot see that you are arguing that whites have a natural super trait over blacks and the result of that trait is that whites work harder? You cannot see that is what you are saying? That is arguing white supremacy of this trait of working hard. Again....why would white people have this trait more than blacks? Please explain

Of course...this is when people start "tapping out" of the debate......because answering such questions, and not deflecting, will expose the root premise that is hidden from others....and themselves.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 12-29-2015 at 07:04 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 06:48 PM

1,069 posts, read 712,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
How about:

1) Black people are more likely to be arrested and serve longer sentences than whites who commit the same crimes at roughly the same rates.
2) It's well documented that identical resumes get an interview for the person with a white sounding name while the person with the black sounding name gets passed over.
How about learning not to name your kid LaQuisha or Quantrell and name them Lisa or John....problem solved

Old 12-29-2015, 06:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Ahh. So yet again you admit that "White Privilege" is just another word for racism.
You didn't realize white privilege is a form of racism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies