U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: is "white privilege" an excuse for black failure?
yes 204 71.58%
no 81 28.42%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-29-2015, 11:02 PM
 
552 posts, read 246,313 times
Reputation: 256

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
White privilege is a form of racism.
That is what you denied earlier. You might point out that I said that it meant that all white people are racist, but if white privilege is a form of racism and every white person has this privilege, then it is hard to deny that is what is your definition , no?

 
Old 12-29-2015, 11:07 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,630,203 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
That is what you denied earlier. You might point out that I said that it meant that all white people are racist, but if white privilege is a form of racism and every white person has this privilege, then it is hard to deny that is what is your definition , no?
When did I deny that because I don't ever recall denying that? No, that doesn't mean all white people are racist....let me know when you educate yourself with what white privilege means.....
 
Old 12-29-2015, 11:09 PM
 
552 posts, read 246,313 times
Reputation: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If you consider yourself an "American" then talk of seeing individual is BS and deflection because you do not want to deal with a truth.
I don't see your point vis a vis individual, but to be truthful, no. I do not see myself as an American. I once did, but not now.
 
Old 12-29-2015, 11:13 PM
 
552 posts, read 246,313 times
Reputation: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
When did I deny that because I don't ever recall denying that? No, that doesn't mean all white people are racist....let me know when you educate yourself with what white privilege means.....
Your denials are all over this thread and they are not just directed at me. Give me a day(or two) because that is what it will take to find them all in the 62 pages, and I will list them all in one post. I can and will do it, but I don't have to, do I? You already know that you have both stated and denied that your definition of white privilege is that whites are racist.
 
Old 12-29-2015, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,630,203 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
You give no reason why you wouldn't believe it, though.

And don't bother trying to explain it now. If you could have, you would have already. You wouldn't have had to go through "I don't believe any anecdotes" and "you made that up" already. I don't particularly care to find out what your next dodge will be. You would have been able to be far more specific right from the start if the truth were anything other than the obvious.

And that is... if it was a black person who lost the job, that would be believable to you, but this . . . nope, that doesn't fit your world view. Therefore, I must be making it up or lying.

(Oh, I'm sure you'll deny it, in your typical evasive, vague way . . . )
I don't need to give you a reason why I didn't believe your story. Sorry, but your white gay "friend" just didn't sound believable to me.

Though I doubt I would believe it if it was your black "friend" either.
 
Old 12-29-2015, 11:18 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,630,203 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
Your denials are all over this thread and they are not just directed at me. Give me a day(or two) because that is what it will take to find them all in the 62 pages, and I will list them all in one post. I can and will do it, but I don't have to, do I? You already know that you have both stated and denied that your definition of white privilege is that whites are racist.
I am not denying white privilege isn't racism, but I am saying it doesn't mean all white people are racist. Sorry you don't know what white privilege means....
 
Old 12-29-2015, 11:20 PM
 
552 posts, read 246,313 times
Reputation: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am not denying white privilege isn't racism, but I am saying it doesn't mean all white people are racist.
This conversation might be more productive than I thought. Do you believe that all white people have white privilege?
 
Old 12-29-2015, 11:24 PM
 
62 posts, read 19,612 times
Reputation: 33
Considering that most whites would never willingly trade in their white skin for black skin, that they are very much aware of "white privilege" and its benefits. Instead of owning up to it, they're rather lash out at people for refusing to perpetuate the lie that everything's equal. You have whites being okay with police officers gunning down 12 year old black kids.....6th graders.....then turning around and asking if white privilege is a real thing. I'd love to see the change in public opinion if black police officers killed some white elementary school kid.

Last edited by DeanWilde; 12-29-2015 at 11:54 PM..
 
Old 12-29-2015, 11:27 PM
 
62 posts, read 19,612 times
Reputation: 33
Let's not even get started on the Affluenza teen. To be white and rich.
 
Old 12-29-2015, 11:29 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,630,203 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
This conversation might be more productive than I thought. Do you believe that all white people have white privilege?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top