U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: is "white privilege" an excuse for black failure?
yes 204 71.58%
no 81 28.42%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 11:46 PM

552 posts, read 243,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanWilde View Post
White privilege is when black youth get their lives screwed over for minor drug possession when 5 miles down the street rich pampered white kids at the state school are doing mushrooms, coke, Xanax, oxy, weed, ecstasy and consuming any and all forms of alcoholic beverages.
In my hood non-white privilege is when the non-whites can rob a store or sell dope while the Mexican cops harass a law abiding white man walking down the street and put him in jail if he tries to uphold the constitution when the Mexican cop who is under oath to do so won't.

Last edited by max340; 12-30-2015 at 12:26 AM..

Old 12-29-2015, 11:56 PM

46,054 posts, read 29,397,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
Doesn't that make "white privilege" a misnomer if it is not possessed by all white people?

Which whites aren't privileged? How do those us without get the white privilege card?
Let me know when you have educated yourself on what white privilege means, as of right now it is clear to me you have no idea what it means....

Old 12-29-2015, 11:57 PM

62 posts, read 19,408 times
White privilege is when a fully grown white male can wave a loaded pistol in a park and point it at several police officers and have a long standoff without being riddled with bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FkzbTf-KM

Black failure is when a black 6th grader plays with a gun and gets killed in 2 seconds. No questions asked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8qNUWekWE

Old 12-29-2015, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I'd like to point out something that my fellow liberals are scant to mention:

Black people don't like ghetto either. I know, what? I'm a white female that lives in Atlanta. I have predominantly black co-workers and a very mixed bunch of friends. There are a LOT of black people that have the same kinds of conservative "white privilege" viewpoint that names like "Shonqueesha" are just inherently stigmatized in a negative manner thanks to a stereotype. And you know what they say about stereotypes. And let's cut the BS-- aside from ACTUAL African names like Ashanti and Shameka, most of these made-up names are 100 percent American. That would be like me naming my son ZitiLaLecheD'Meatball and saying it's a strong "Italian" name. Please.

This perspective to distance themselves from "ghetto behavior/stereotypes and dismiss the absurdity of "white privilege" is especially true of black people who were raised in very strict households, I've noticed. The ability to call a spade a spade. Not of course to say systematic racism isn't still alive today, but that's a separate animal.

So it's a little annoying, fellow liberals, when you lump all us crackas together as a homogenous blob. Privilege isn't as well-defined as you think it is.
No one is saying black Americans like ghettos.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanWilde View Post
White privilege is when a fully grown white male can wave a loaded pistol in a park and point it at several police officers and have a long standoff without being riddled with bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FkzbTf-KM

Black failure is when a black 6th grader plays with a gun and gets killed in 2 seconds. No questions asked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8qNUWekWE
That is definitely an example of white privilege.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Let me know when you have educated yourself on what white privilege means, as of right now it is clear to me you have no idea what it means....
You have given the definition. It is white racism, so long as you can exempt yourself as a white person from being racist. You haven't been issued your White Privilege Card. Neither have I but you will say that I have.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:30 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,265,272 times
Quote:
You miss the point. The point is the people who tend to cry about "white privilege" the most are the ones who make the most excuses, like "no one should have to go jobless because their name is J'kwanda-A"

It's not "white privilege", it's because those names are dumb.

I guarantee you Asians and Mexicans judge those names the same way.

Sometimes stupid is just stupid.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:32 AM

23,790 posts, read 11,806,963 times
Quote:
That is definitely an example of white privilege.
Wrong. This is clearly a case of an idiot who died being an idiot.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Are you a black American?

Old 12-30-2015, 12:42 AM

62 posts, read 19,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Wrong. This is clearly a case of an idiot who died being an idiot.
He's talking about a 12 year old kid by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or