U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: is "white privilege" an excuse for black failure?
yes 204 71.58%
no 81 28.42%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-30-2015, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
7,215 posts, read 2,359,650 times
Reputation: 2624

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's the same standard for everyone except blacks and latinos. In their case just be affirmative action qualified.


You don't understand that privilege is earned. If Asians or whites have a higher intelligence and higher achievement as a genetic group, then that's a birthright that came from 10 of thousands or 100's thousands of years of adaptation and harsh natural selection, not a privilege. You need to take your complaints up with mother nature. If you believe white people are holding you down then the simple solution is move away from white people not toward them.


I believe non-whites are holding white people down, but we're not allowed to have an all white society area on earth.
Whites had one. In fact, they had a number of societies of that nature. However, since they could not figure out how to survive there, many left to take land and resources from others and force others to do work that they were too lazy to do themselves.

If non-whites are holding you down, then according to your own advice, move away.

 
Old 12-30-2015, 05:17 PM
 
12,403 posts, read 3,868,130 times
Reputation: 3764
[quote=branh0913;42453927]So you're saying humans do no sort of classification or stereotyping based on arbitrary indicators like race?"


Race and genetics aren't arbitrary.


"I think humans have to generalize."


Yes, and liberals and non-whites do that as much or more than anyone.


"But I think whites are less susceptible to being judged because the idea of whiteness is very transparent in America."


That's the joke of the year. Have you ever heard of political correct? Only whites can be judged. Say something non flattering about a non white and you will judged and sentenced to the unemployment line. See being individually judged is not necessarily a good thing, you against the political correct machine.




"And they are the mainstream so more points of views are expressed forcing people not to make hasty judgements as they would for other groups."


Political correct is mainstream that only whites can be judged negatively as groups or individuals. You just make baseless claims that are the opposite of reality.

Last edited by mtl1; 12-30-2015 at 05:29 PM..
 
Old 12-30-2015, 05:20 PM
 
44,390 posts, read 17,725,965 times
Reputation: 18677
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I think my point is valid. Not sure how provable it is. Since well I can't read everyone's mind and understand their thought process. But I still think that whites are just judged far more individually than anyone else in America. As to why, we can speculate. But if I were to theorize, it's because whites control the narrative. They control the history. So we're someone trained to see them more individually than we would other ethnic groups.
I fully support your right to believe anything you want whether it's based in reality or not.

However don't expect the rest of the world to make accommodation simply because you do.
 
Old 12-30-2015, 05:24 PM
 
12,403 posts, read 3,868,130 times
Reputation: 3764
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Whites had one. In fact, they had a number of societies of that nature. However, since they could not figure out how to survive there, many left to take land and resources from others and force others to do work that they were too lazy to do themselves.

If non-whites are holding you don't, then move away.

Not true. 1500s Europe though not the largest land area or the most natural resources rich was the source of the enlightenment and the source of nearly all advancement and had great kingdoms. Of course there was classism and economic inequality just as there was in the rest of the world. It's non whites to this very day that can survive without feeding on whites. You also fail to understand that Europe was invaded many times from the east particularly by Muslims even as late as 1680's in Vienna, and were able to prevail unlike the rest of the Middle east and parts of Africa and Asia.


Many whites want to form their own society and government but the governments won't allow us.
 
Old 12-30-2015, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4,366 posts, read 5,119,516 times
Reputation: 3895
[quote=mtl1;42454025]
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
So you're saying humans do no sort of classification or stereotyping based on arbitrary indicators like race?"


Race and genetics aren't arbitrary.


"I think humans have to generalize."


"But I think whites are less susceptible to being judged because the idea of whiteness is very transparent in America."


That's the joke of the year. Have you ever heard of political correct? Only whites can be judged. Say something non flattering about a non white and you will judged and sentenced to the unemployment line. See being individual judged is not necessarily good.




"And they are the mainstream so more points of views are expressed forcing people not to make hasty judgements as they would for other groups."


Political correct is mainstream that only whites can be judged negatively as groups or individuals. You just make baseless claims that are the opposite of reality.
So when you are walking the streets at 2 AM and you see an old lady. Does she automatically believe that you're racist and oppressive bigot? The key here is that people can say what they want about CERTAIN whites but it's never ever adopted as a core characteristic of whiteness in America. There is no one I'm America who would make the claim that all whites a racist. But when you say whites are judged it's usually calling whites racist.

So if whites are judged there simply isn't any real backlash. And at the end of the day these judgements are largely ignored when it comes to dealing with whites.
 
Old 12-30-2015, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
7,215 posts, read 2,359,650 times
Reputation: 2624
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Actually in in favor of ending affirmative action and actually ending any government programs for that matter. I don't advocate any program that gives any ethnic group an advantage.
I have no issue with the above either. However, I do notice that the complaints from whites regarding affirmative action and other government problems are almost completely race-based. They do not complain about white women receive affirmative action and they benefit significantly. They do not complain about the large percentage of whites on welfare. It's only an issue when it comes to minorities, especially "blacks."

To me, the majority of whites who complain do so because they want to receive benefits to the exclusion of all others, as existed prior to the 1960s. It appears that there wasn't half as much opposition to welfare when whites were basically the only ones eligible. It's like a 2 yr old child screaming "Miiiiiinee, miiiineee" all the time.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 12-30-2015 at 06:16 PM..
 
Old 12-30-2015, 05:29 PM
 
7,104 posts, read 5,380,735 times
Reputation: 5286
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Should a name have anything to do with hireability? No. But that's not going to change no matter how much you don't like it or want to guilt people, because the stereotype still persists. It's the same thing if you name your child "*****#3", you're not helping them in the current environment.

This sounds like the rape arguement- a woman can keep herself safe by being smart and aware of her surroundings. Should she have to be on her guard against males? No, but that's reality.

You can help yourself and fight the real battles, or you can hurt yourself with bad choices and then whine it's the world's fault later for not being so accommodating
But it's not weird to name a child Apple, Birdie, Cricket, Pilot, Audio Science? These are names that white celebrities choose for their child. Most black names are apart of heritage, culture and generational.
 
Old 12-30-2015, 05:30 PM
 
44,390 posts, read 17,725,965 times
Reputation: 18677
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
So when you are walking the streets at 2 AM and you see an old lady. Does she automatically believe that you're racist and oppressive bigot?
The only one who can say is you. It's your hypothetical situation which you created to prove a point. It's not reality and totally irrelevant.
 
Old 12-30-2015, 05:32 PM
 
7,104 posts, read 5,380,735 times
Reputation: 5286
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Blacks and Mexicans are looked at as Mexicans and Black people. Not as humans with their own set of opinions.

You either have Mexicans and Blacks who don't act like the "average" Mexican or Black. But at the end of the day the perception of their group and characteristics of their ethnicity is what they're judged by first. And then they ate judged individually.


For whites they are judged by your actions as an individual first and not by the actions of your ethnic group.

So this gives whites an advantage.
Exactly!
 
Old 12-30-2015, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4,366 posts, read 5,119,516 times
Reputation: 3895
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
I have no issue with the above either. However, I do notice that the complaints from whites regarding affirmative action and other government problems are almost completely race-based. They do not complain about white women receive affirmative action and they benefit significantly. They do not complain about the large percentage of whites on welfare. It's only an issue when it comes to minorities, especially "blacks."

To me, the majority of whites complain because they want to receive benefits to the exclusion of all others, as existed prior to the 1960s. It appears that there wasn't half as much opposition to welfare when whites were basically the only ones eligible. It's like a 2 yr old child screaming "Miiiiiinee, miiiineee" all the time.


Who cares? Social programs isn't doing blacks any favors. So we should get rid of them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:01 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top