Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: is "white privilege" an excuse for black failure?
yes 204 71.58%
no 81 28.42%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 07:52 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
That's all convenient discussion. You want the past to be past but yet you have no problem speaking about the past when it suits you.

That's what many whites did in the Americas. Plenty poor whites came over, bashed the culture and put themselves in a superior position by force. What you fail to understand is that past actions have caused much of the present ills.

There are positives and negatives discussed about nations across the world.

And I don't get into that left/right nonsense.

You just never stop with your anti-white racism. Stop speaking for what whites did, thought or think. Only liberals and jews did what you claimed. Every other white came here learned English if they were from continental Europe and was productive and law abiding or they paid the consequences. That's the real American history that you know nothing about. Why are you in America?

Old 12-30-2015, 07:53 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Pure baloney. There were probably more Aztecs alone when Cortez arrived in ~1510 than all the native tribes in America when the British arrived in 1600. America had practically nothing but small tribes and wilderness in 1600. No civilizations or gold was looted from the natives in America by the British. Blacks are the same percentage of the US population that they were in the mid 1600s and are an intact race. American Indians are mostly likely more populous in the US than they were in 1600. The natives were almost entirely wiped out in the Carribean as were the vast majority of slaves in latin America. You know nothing. I don't care about what happened in latin America one way or the other. I'm just not going to let you spew your anti-Americanism. You're just a pro-latin American, anti-American. Why are you here?

This above make no sense.

No blacks arrived in the U.S. There were around 45 different African ethnicities that arrived in the U.S. and none are in tact. All of their cultures were beaten out then and a color label was forced on them.

The natives of the Caribbean largely came out of South America and those ethnic groups do exist there. Many nations in South America have larger indigenous populations in the U.S.

Regarding African descendants, Brazil has the largest population outside of Africa.

You wish I knew nothing. Pro-Latin American? What does that even mean?

Here...where? I live in the Caribbean. Hahaha

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 12-30-2015 at 08:03 PM..

Old 12-30-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
You just never stop with your anti-white racism. Stop speaking for what whites did, thought or think. Only liberals and jews did what you claimed. Every other white came here learned English if they were from continental Europe and was productive and law abiding or they paid the consequences. That's the real American history that you know nothing about. Why are you in America?
Nothing in my post is anti-white or racist. Stop whining. LOL@ liberals and jews...your post is all over the place. Again, I'm in the Caribbean...goodness, you're off.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 12-30-2015 at 08:04 PM..

Old 12-30-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Nothing in my post is anti-white or racist. Stop whining. LOL@ liberals and jews...your post is all over the place. Again, I'm in the Caribbean...goodness, you're off.

Everything you've said is anti-white. Good, stay in the Caribbean and worry about the Caribbean. You don't know anything about America and Europeans.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Everything you've said is anti-white. Good, stay in the Caribbean and worry about the Caribbean. You don't know anything about America and Europeans.
It's anti-white only because you are in denial. To me. It is just history that some don't want to admit.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
It's anti-white only because you are in denial. To me. It is just history that some don't want to admit.

It's anti-white because it is. You're in denial of your history.

I don't deny my history. I believe it was glorious in its era of the right to conquest. Europeans came to an American wilderness and built it into a first world nation at the time in a few years and the greatest superpower from scratch in a couple centuries while overcoming several enemies in the land and outside of it. And liberals have nearly destroyed it within a few decades.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
You may think they are the loudest complaints (and they may be) but that is only your perception.

You dismissed the surfer story. It appears to me that it goes against your narrative, which is that the loudest complaints were race-based. But here is a highly publicized story, originating from FoxNews and carried on other news outlets (it's safe to say it went viral) about a WHITE guy who was bumming off the welfare (well, food stamps). If you missed it, so what, it was definitely a big story for a while there. Nobody went, "Oh well" because it was merely a white guy, and they save all their outrage for only black folks on welfare.

But don't you get, that your PERCEPTION is what is so bitter? You perceived that, you interpreted things that way, and my perception of that it's that it's way far out there. Never have I heard anyone complain about welfare with the premise that it's only "supposed" to be for white people. Holy cow! People can perceive all sorts of way-off things. You obviously didn't like my "perception" of your post as being totally bitter, but guess what, we all get perceptions, you have yours, I have mine. You can't nullify what you said by distancing yourself from the conclusion YOU made (your "perception").

Perception is not "fact," it's how you filter the information around you and interpret it and sometimes you'll do that through a completely cracked, bitter lens. My interpretation is that this is what you did. Totally bitter. Wow.
1. Well, clearly everyone in a form discusses topics based on their perception.

2. Point out where I dismissed the surfer story. My statement was that I never heard of the guy. What's the big deal?

3. It may be very straight and harsh, but the term bitter doesn't fit the situation. I find it hilarious that you assumed that I must be of a particular American background based on my comments. That's why you were so quick to jump on the bitter nonsense.

Perception is just that...perception. You're entitled to yours as I am mine. Guess I hit a nerve...and you are completely bitter about it.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 12-30-2015 at 09:24 PM..

Old 12-30-2015, 09:05 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,652 times
Quote:
I think for the most part everyone can admit there were horrifc things done to indigenous people and people of color in our nations history. What's up for debate is to what extent the past plays in the current state of affairs.

IMHO,

Blacks see a race continuously held down through systematic oppression and institutionalized racism.

Whites see a race that contains a large portion of single mothers, gang banger fathers, crime, etc.

One can't understand how someone who repeatedly makes poor life choices can be excused by 'what happened 200 years ago'. The other can't understand how the present isn't a direct reflection of the past.

I think the reality is more complex, it's a little of column A and a little of column B. We all have to do better.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:10 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
My statement was accurate. You changed it because it left you no room to deny that you can't define white privilege as racism and not call all white people racist unless some white people don't have white privilege. Its not my fault that you have painted yourself into a corner.
So you just compared white people to ebola.....

Old 12-30-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
I have no idea of your background. I said that your conclusion (perception) is completely bitter. Wow, and it is!

Now you're sounding butthurt at my perception of your bitterness! Nice try, though.
That's even more stupid then.

You are butthurt and bitter about my perspective of whites complaining about welfare.

Why would I be butthurt? You obviously don't understand the meaning of a simple word like bitter.

Again, how could I be bitter about a situation that has nothing to do with my family or me? I'm a first generation American. So explain that one.

If you referred to me as bitter, then you surely DID assume my background.

How dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies