U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: is "white privilege" an excuse for black failure?
yes 204 71.58%
no 81 28.42%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 06:14 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,904,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Much of that income was inheridated. Hell, much of it was inheridated from the former slaves economy.

Spare me your tears.
I'm not crying and I am not swallowing that flawed post either. It makes no sense whatsoever. Money made by one generation means nothing unless the next generation knows how to manage it. Most slave owners lost everything in the Civil War. You are not living with reality. Your hatred is coloring your brain. Slavery ended in the 1860's. Nobody living today can realistically use slavery as an excuse.

NAFTA is the reason for most poverty in America today plus the illegals we are all privileged to support.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:17 PM

12,351 posts, read 7,521,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Much of that income was inheridated. Hell, much of it was inheridated from the former slaves economy.

Spare me your tears.

Inheridated? -- I'm sure Mr. Chandler wouldn't know what to make of your choice of words.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:26 PM

20,611 posts, read 13,021,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The hint, hint part is racism, racism.
Well; give a kid a stupid sounding name IS asking for trouble down the line. That ALSO goes for giving an Anglo Saxon name to a kid born and raised in Mexico while living there. That kid will probably have lots of trouble because of THEIR culture; it ain't fair but, it is what it is.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
This is dumb and dumber as usual. Only recently, probably 50 years ago were blacks allowed into institutions in education, politics, etc.

So slavery happened, blacks were free and that's it. No it didn't happen this way and it wasn't that simplistic.

Many post slavery policies existed to keep inequality in place. I also highly doubt the average black person is saying, "Oh, well I can't get a job because my ancestor was a slave." Pointing out that racism exists does not mean someone is pointing a finger at a guilty white person.

Asian immigrants Latino immigrants have a completely different history from blacks and say Native Americans.

Native Americans also have a high rate of poverty, children born out of wedlock, alcoholism, high school dropouts. Gee I wonder why. Lolol. If you want to find a group that has conditions somewhat similar to blacks you can look at this group. Comparing them to immigrants from China, Italy, Poland, or Mexico is not only pretty stupid, but makes little sense. I also doubt a Native American is blaming a white person for the conditions and experiences of their group.

Referencing history when done correctly makes more sense but many are too simple to really do it correctly.
Hold it right there, please!

It was NOT just Black people in parts of the US who had a bad time of it. Do you remember reading about "Irish need not apply", NO Jews and so on in the 20th Century. Hint: all of those people are now counted as anglo white in 2015 so things change.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I'm not crying and I am not swallowing that flawed post either. It makes no sense whatsoever. Money made by one generation means nothing unless the next generation knows how to manage it. Most slave owners lost everything in the Civil War. You are not living with reality. Your hatred is coloring your brain. Slavery ended in the 1860's. Nobody living today can realistically use slavery as an excuse.

NAFTA is the reason for most poverty in America today plus the illegals we are all privileged to support.
Some people HATE the truth.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:31 PM

46,053 posts, read 29,554,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Well; give a kid a stupid sounding name IS asking for trouble down the line. That ALSO goes for giving an Anglo Saxon name to a kid born and raised in Mexico while living there. That kid will probably have lots of trouble because of THEIR culture; it ain't fair but, it is what it is.
That is called racism and is what white privilege means. People shouldn't have to name their kids white sounding names to protect them from racism. What happens when blacks start giving their kids white people names, how will whites be racist to them then?

Old 12-26-2015, 06:36 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,829,629 times
Probably sartorial discrimination. White people have SERIOUS issues with clothing discrimination! I can at least admit that and see it for myself.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:37 PM

22,580 posts, read 10,443,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
1. are you seriously expecting me to feel sorry for a criminal? so I am privileged to obey the law?
2. it's well documented that minorities have a huge advantage in the public sector, even if you feel they don't have one in the private sector.

next.
I'm expecting you to believe in equal justice under the law.

I am interested in reading about the "huge advantage in the public sector" that Blacks have. Please cite some fairly neutral sources.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:40 PM

22,580 posts, read 10,443,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Let's see.

I'm in a country where 85% of the people don't look like me so why should I expect to turn on the tv and see my race widely represented?

So history should be black washed because western civilization isn't in Africa?

When I get pulled over or audited its because the color of my skin and not because I was speeding or didn't file correctly. The black experience.

I'm black so I can't arrange to be in the company of other blacks most of the time.

Now this is just ridiculous.

Gender - By being born cisgendered, you aren't worried that the restroom or locker room you use will invoke public outrage.

But that is the mindset of the perpetual victim. Life's unfair because I'm not someone else.
To be honest with you, at least on City-Data, the perpetual victim seems to be white conservatives.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:41 PM

15,970 posts, read 6,283,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
we've all heard this absurd slogan created out of thin air by left wing extremists. no one call truly tell me what privileges I have, they just refer to it as white privilege. since there are no examples that can be cited, it got me thinking that it's merely an excuse for people of color. thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think that there's still a bit of white privilege, I don't think it's as rampant as in the past and I also think that some non-whites might be a bit quick to jump to that, so basically it's probably a mixture of both.
There's favoritism towards minorities as well. It cuts many ways. Some blacks probably are stereotyped. But dress and manner of speech, not just color, factor into that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or