Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: is "white privilege" an excuse for black failure?
yes 204 71.58%
no 81 28.42%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 11:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,020,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
I know, and I've already figured out the reasons why you don't find it "believable."

Hey, since you think it's perfectly fine, in a debate, to counter with, "I don't have to give you my reasons, but I don't find this believable," then we all can start doing that. You're setting the standard here.

I am going to declare that white privilege is not a thing. I don't find it believable. I will not give you a reason, because I don't need to give you a reason. I just think you're making it all up. Stop making up stories about white privilege. They're not believable!
Okay, have fun with that.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:31 PM

552 posts, read 311,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanWilde View Post
Instead of owning up to it, they're rather lash out at people for refusing to perpetuate the lie that everything's equal.
People are not equal? Is that what you just said?

Old 12-29-2015, 11:36 PM

62 posts, read 35,622 times
White privilege is when black youth get their lives screwed over for minor drug possession when 5 miles down the street rich pampered white kids at the state school are doing mushrooms, coke, Xanax, oxy, weed, ecstasy and consuming any and all forms of alcoholic beverages.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
People are not equal? Is that what you just said?
Work on your reading comprehension.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No.
Doesn't that make "white privilege" a misnomer if it is not possessed by all white people?

Which whites aren't privileged? How do those us without get the white privilege card?

Old 12-29-2015, 11:40 PM

31,879 posts, read 14,856,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
I know, and I've already figured out the reasons why you don't find it "believable."

Hey, since you think it's perfectly fine, in a debate, to counter with, "I don't have to give you my reasons, but I don't find this believable," then we all can start doing that. You're setting the standard here.

I am going to declare that white privilege is not a thing. I don't find it believable. I will not give you a reason, because I don't need to give you a reason. I just think you're making it all up. Stop making up stories about white privilege. They're not believable!
Believe it or not...white privilege has always existed

Old 12-29-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
And where are the Native Americans crying racism about every thing that happens in their life???? They don't!!!!
Probably because 97% of the original Native American population is dead. Can't cry about racism when you're dead.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanWilde View Post
Work on your reading comprehension.
You said something about everything being equal. Does "everything" not include people of different skin color?

Old 12-29-2015, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
You said something about everything being equal. Does "everything" not include people of different skin color?
Work on your deflection tactics after you work on your reading comprehension.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:44 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,611,118 times
I'd like to point out something that my fellow liberals are scant to mention:

Black people don't like ghetto either. I know, what? I'm a white female that lives in Atlanta. I have predominantly black co-workers and a very mixed bunch of friends. There are a LOT of black people that have the same kinds of conservative "white privilege" viewpoint that names like "Shonqueesha" are just inherently stigmatized in a negative manner thanks to a stereotype. And you know what they say about stereotypes. And let's cut the BS-- aside from ACTUAL African names like Ashanti and Shameka, most of these made-up names are 100 percent American. That would be like me naming my son ZitiLaLecheD'Meatball and saying it's a strong "Italian" name. Please.

This perspective to distance themselves from "ghetto behavior/stereotypes and dismiss the absurdity of "white privilege" is especially true of black people who were raised in very strict households, I've noticed. The ability to call a spade a spade. Not of course to say systematic racism isn't still alive today, but that's a separate animal.

So it's a little annoying, fellow liberals, when you lump all us crackas together as a homogenous blob. Privilege isn't as well-defined as you think it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies