Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 01:30 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,585,656 times

Advertisements

So as many on these forums know. I am a black Libertarian. And part of Libertarian ideology is rational thought. Libertarians may not always be right, but there is always a good logic behind their ideas. I state this because I recently was added (I didn't actually join it) to a group on facebook. I talked about Libertarianism for the black community, and how it will help change the circumstances of blacks. They then countered that it voting was pointless, and I of course counted "not if done at the local level". I read a good amount of the post in the group. Most of it centered around racism, but the main theme that no matter what the topic was, it was always consisted of one thing. Outrage. Anger. Hate.

Now I will not tell someone how they should feel. That isn't my place. But I feel black Americans are addicted to being outraged about their circumstance. Black Lives Matter is just the latest iteration of black outrage. Black leaders are always talking about outrage. But I rarely ever here strategy or ideas coming from black people.

After many months in the group, I have come to realize that strategy isn't as important as outrage. Then I started to understand the Marxist Ideology that plague black America. Blacks are socialized to only think in terms of outrage. This is why knee jerk reactions have become a hallmark of the black community.

The media is very careful in cherry picking black leaders and scholars who promote anger and outrage. And this fits perfectly into the Marxist narrative from the Conservative and Liberal media. And if it is not marxism, then what is it?

Old 03-02-2016, 02:04 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,223,743 times
As Booker t Washington put it:

Quote:
The wisest among my race understand that agitations of social equality is the extremist folly, and that progress in the enjoyment of all privileges that will come to us must be the result of severe and constant struggle rather than of artificial forcing
Endlessly running after racism, marching and protesting is a waste of time.

Just like this recent embarrassing display at the Oscars of black folks demanding validation from the academy. Black Actors should just strive to keep making better and more successful movies. Why do you need shiny statues anyway?

Old 03-02-2016, 02:09 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
The Negro's Friend

There is no radical the Negro's friend
Who points some other than the classic road
For him to follow, fighting to the end,
Thinking to ease him of one half his load.
What waste of time to cry: "No Segregation!"
When it exists in stark reality,
Both North and South, throughout
this total nation,
The state decreed by white authority.

Must fifteen million blacks be gratified,
That one of them can enter as a guest,
A fine white house-the rest of them denied
A place of decent sojourn and a rest!
Oh, Segregation is not the whole sin,
The Negroes need salvation from within.

Written by Claude McKay (1891-1948)

There has been much debate over many years whether African Americans need to look within or to the outside. Its interesting that a poem written so long ago asked if one African American enters a "White House" does it mean anything at all to the poor masses of African Americans.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:16 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
So as many on these forums know. I am a black Libertarian. And part of Libertarian ideology is rational thought. Libertarians may not always be right, but there is always a good logic behind their ideas. I state this because I recently was added (I didn't actually join it) to a group on facebook. I talked about Libertarianism for the black community, and how it will help change the circumstances of blacks. They then countered that it voting was pointless, and I of course counted "not if done at the local level". I read a good amount of the post in the group. Most of it centered around racism, but the main theme that no matter what the topic was, it was always consisted of one thing. Outrage. Anger. Hate.

Now I will not tell someone how they should feel. That isn't my place. But I feel black Americans are addicted to being outraged about their circumstance. Black Lives Matter is just the latest iteration of black outrage. Black leaders are always talking about outrage. But I rarely ever here strategy or ideas coming from black people.

After many months in the group, I have come to realize that strategy isn't as important as outrage. Then I started to understand the Marxist Ideology that plague black America. Blacks are socialized to only think in terms of outrage. This is why knee jerk reactions have become a hallmark of the black community.

The media is very careful in cherry picking black leaders and scholars who promote anger and outrage. And this fits perfectly into the Marxist narrative from the Conservative and Liberal media. And if it is not marxism, then what is it?
Well said and spot on accurate.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:17 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:

I agree with this post.

I was having a conversation with someone else today about this very subject. I think outrage, entitlement and arrogance has become the dominant theme in most every situation or event that happens today. It. Just. Never. Is. Enough. No matter with Affirmative Action, lowering academic requirements, etc, etc.

Recently, I was watching a black General from the Pentagon introduce a speaker at some meeting and I thought about him, Colin Powell, Col. Allen West, many others who had risen through the ranks of the military. Blacks dominate sports. They have made great inroads in the entertainment industry, film, music, tv. I recognize Ben Carson is only one man but, surely there are other black doctors ? Herman Cain, a black businessman, I know he is not the only one.

I am not saying that everything is where it should be but, the attacks against the police, the constant
haranguing about "black lives matter" and their perceived injustices has really taken its toll on myself and other people I know of, as far as sympathy and understanding. It just seems to be adding more unrest on both sides. Give it a rest.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:51 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Some...not all.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:53 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Recently, I was watching a black General from the Pentagon introduce a speaker at some meeting and I thought about him, Colin Powell, Col. Allen West, many others who had risen through the ranks of the military. Blacks dominate sports. They have made great inroads in the entertainment industry, film, music, tv. I recognize Ben Carson is only one man but, surely there are other black doctors ? Herman Cain, a black businessman, I know he is not the only one

What do you mean by this? Of course Ben Carson isn't the only black doctor or Herman Cain the only black businessman.

??

Old 03-02-2016, 03:02 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I think that being addicted to outrage isn't isolated to just black people. I think a lot of people do it and sometimes it's just for ego strokes, to let others know how important they are and how dare they etc etc etc.

Do black people do it more, IDK, I often wonder of the so called black leadership, aka Sharpton and Jackson and a few others I suppose. I think those mouthpieces are only in it for themselves, not to stray to far from the topic.

I think the average black guy on the street is just trying to make ends meet feed his family etc etc etc. I could be wrong, but that's been my experience with black people. I don't see a lot of the so called outrage in everyday life. Yeah, you get groups flaring up here and there like the BLM movement, but most of the time those are college kids without any real understanding of the world and without any real responsibilities, I think once you get out of academia and start paying your way in life and dealing with day to day grind of eking out a living these "outrage" ideas sort of melt a way a bit. IDK.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:14 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
I agree, and it isn't just the black community. It's "low consciousness" thinking that affects all types of people...almost literally an addiction.

Your brain gets into patterns or grooves, and it can be hard to snap out of your normal thought patterns. I've heard it described as the person kind of mindlessly going through their daily routine, and getting upset sort of snaps them out of it and gives them a feeling of at least being alive, so they get addicted to that feeling.

Most people aren't really aware of how their own minds and emotions work, unfortunately. If you don't see your own mental barriers, you'll just blame others. You can't fix a problem you can't see.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:15 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:

I know I have disagreed before with you in regard to Libertarianism. I liken it to communism (good on paper, not so in reality). I think it is folly for black people to align ourselves with any particular political ideology.

But, I wanted to mention that Facebook is filled with idiots and that I would not take the comments of a Facebook group to represent a majority of the views of black Americans.

I'm sure you know that the majority of black people lead boring, regular lives and are not impacted on a day to day basis with intense racism.

Unfortunately, like the majority of Americans in general, black Americans are heavily addicted to the media cycle, so you will see many of the same "angry" persons in black America as you see in mainstream white society. Another poster mentioned that anger and outrage is not something unique to black Americans and I agree. Today it seems all segments of our society are outraged about something in particular. Look around here on CD and all the conservative white guys feel they are oppressed by "black racism" and Obama and affirmative action and our politically correct society, or "the government" or "big pharma" or something equally outrageous or outlandish.

Some people just want to be outraged. But again, don't base your views on Facebook. I don't even have that many friends on Facebook but I have "unfollowed" some because most of them are pretty stupid and do not like to think about anything and just believe whatever someone tells them, this includes black, white, Asian, and Latino. I have all sorts of connects on Facebook and they are equally stupid. I roll my eyes too much reading stuff they say so I just either delete or unfollow them. I have had to do this with multiple groups on Facebook. Usually a racial or religious conversation always comes up and ruin the group so I leave it. This has happened in cooking groups, vintage photograph groups, history groups, and even mother's groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies