Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 04:08 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,413,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
The United States is an insular society and I'd like to see that change in the future.
Wrong.

It is the most open society in the world -- the most free in terms of economic opportunity and personal belief and behavior -- and the most open to immigration from all over the world, including immigration by poor people from the Third World.

And for that, we get the kind of ingratitude shown in this thread.

Well, as Oscar Wilde said, "No good deed goes unpunished."

Quote:
....The U.S. is outperformed by other developed nations in several areas
The only nations that outperform us are the ones that we have protected so that they don't have to spend money on their own defense.

We have also done them the service of keeping trade routes open -- whether you are talking about the South China Sea or the Strait of Hormuz.

Knowledge -- it's a good thing.

But of course, America-haters have never been interested in facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 04:46 AM

573 posts, read 601,705 times
At least in the school of USA should learn something more about other countries
And to respect other cultures.
Now in the american schools teaches too as something indisputable that everything american is the best .
and this is bad for understanding other cultures .-
In my trips for USA I saw in the people very little knowledge and much mistakes about other countries.
In Europe in the schools know the boys much more about other countries,
USA not may be isolated anymore of World and to focus only on itself as in other past seasons.-
.-

Old 12-28-2015, 05:18 AM

Dechatelet
You Patriotism is good and I like but can not blind
I know you are right in part of what he says but that is not the subject of this thread.
I am american pro and just think that I would like them to correct that defect that is not so hard.
To learn more from other countries in the school and politicians that travel more

Old 12-28-2015, 05:26 AM

15,068 posts, read 6,137,807 times
It may be quite helpful, and it is not that difficult to accomplish.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:48 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,116,001 times
No. A politician's job is to represent his constituency. What people in other countries do is not his concern.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:50 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,707,791 times
NO

The current POTUS spent most of his formative younger years in foreign countries, practicing foreign cultures, and exposed to what would very frankly be considered counter culture in comparison to that of this country.

I wonder how many times in his childhood he celebrated the Fourth of July? He will lecture the citizens about what "we" are about, and he doesn't even have a clue himself.

How's all that working out for the average Joe Citizen of this country today?

CN.......

Old 12-28-2015, 06:00 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,418,292 times
First you've got to get them out of the rear seat of their limousines or the rear booth at Dominic's haven't you?

Just say'n.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:00 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
The important politician today of USA have global responsibilities and usually commit very serious mistakes
because they judge the world only through their culture and do not see other ways of thinking of other radically different cultures .For this it is imperative they travel and they live a certain time in other continents
And it is not enough to have expert advisors.
Besides perhaps because USA it is a very large country the Americans tend to think that think in all World
as in USA and that is the Normal.-

NO!

They need to be more concerned about the will of their constituents. Not world travel.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:02 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
At least in the school of USA should learn something more about other countries
And to respect other cultures.
Now in the american schools teaches too as something indisputable that everything american is the best .
and this is bad for understanding other cultures .-
In my trips for USA I saw in the people very little knowledge and much mistakes about other countries.
In Europe in the schools know the boys much more about other countries,
USA not may be isolated anymore of World and to focus only on itself as in other past seasons.-
.-

I get it. You are not American.... But are going to tell us what to do.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:28 PM

Bentobow.-
This thread would be perhaps very boring if only USA citizens think about their country.
Without seeing experiencies of other cultures. Do not believe you ?.-
To me I am interested of the foreigners in what they think of my country especially if they are friends.
If I have bothered sorry.-
Your comment has discouraged me to continue in this thread.-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies