Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 01:22 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times

Advertisements

It really doesn't matter what Jesus looks like. The description we have in Scripture is all God determined we should know. It give no indication of so-called race because racial ideology is manmade and sinful in origin.

IMO, humans should refrain from attempting to depict God.

Old 12-28-2015, 01:57 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
B.L.M. activist Shaun King spoke about how some are using Jesus as a white man to promote their white supremacy agenda on the United States and the World. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...5220?cid=bitly
That's a direct teaching of Black Liberation Theology.

Black Liberation Theology churches have been cultivating a culture of hate Whitey for decades, ever since James H Cone founded the theology in 1969. Obama's Chicago church of 20+ years, Trinity, is a Black Liberation Theology church. And up until it started to be publicly disclosed how virulently racist Rev Wright ("God Damn America") is, Obama called him his spiritual advisor for more than 20 years.

Rev Wright in 2012...
Quote:
"Take that baby, him or her away, from the African mother, away from the African community, away from the African experience ... and put them Africans over at the breasts of Yale, Harvard, University of Chicago ... UCLA or UC-Berkeley," he said. "Turn them into biscuits. Let them get that alien DNA all up inside their brain and they will turn on their own people in defense of the ones who are keeping their own people under oppression. Sheep dogs."

"There's white racist DNA running through the synapses of his or her brain tissue. They will kill their own kind, defend the enemies of their kind not anyone who is perceived to be the enemy of the milky white way of life."
Wright: We need control - POLITICO

That's some seriously twisted, sick, racist ranting. That's the mentality that Obama listened to every week at Trinity Church for 20+ years. That's the church in which he and Michelle were married. That's the church in which their daughters were baptized. And that's the man Obama called his spiritual advisor for 20+ years.

Think about that...

Old 12-28-2015, 02:50 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The OP as quoted above by Shaun is a common thought amongst many black Americans. It is has been written about for years that religion and especially the image of Jesus as a white man was damaging to the psyches of black people not only in America but people of color around the world and was used as a way to "make" God white. Jesus is the "son of god" therefore, him being white meant that God was white. The removal of "white Jesus" from black churches was something that occurred gradually and especially during the late 1960s and 1970s during the Black Power Movement. I am happy that the church I went to as a child (an AME church - African Methodist Episcopal, only church created by black Americans) had a black Jesus.

But this "story" is a non-story to me as a black person. Most black people my age and a bit older/bit younger already know about this. Maybe he doesn't because he was raised in a white family so didn't think about it.

And FWIW, he mentioned Atlanta in the OP article and I lived in Atlanta for about 16 years and I never saw a white Jesus. And FWIW, I do call those pictures "white Jesus" lol.

I do not ascribe to a religion but I do feel that the depiction of Jesus as a "surfer dude" as he is described in the article, is pretty spot on in its ridiculousness. I was watching an episode of the show "Black-ish" recently and the mother, during the Christmas episode said a prayer to "black Jesus" and the wife on the show had to explain that she always calls Jesus "black Jesus" so people won't be confused lol. I call white baby Jesus, white baby Jesus during Christmas too and make sure my kids know (black kids) that Jesus was not white. He was a Hebrew and lived in the Middle East so would probably look like an Arab IMO.

What Jesus looked like is not the issue.

He was born of a woman who was a Jew--that's clear. Jews are white.

Old 12-28-2015, 05:22 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,385,183 times
Of course he is, anglo saxon was a small part of white invasion of england from an area of around northern france area, anglo was real heavy into religion crusades during the middles ages, but anglo saxons are less than 1 percent of the white evolutions .

Last edited by brownbagg; 12-28-2015 at 06:20 AM..

Old 12-28-2015, 05:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
These people seriously need to get a life..... And therapy.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:07 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,426,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Of course he is, anglo saxon was a small part of white invasion of england from an area of around northern france area, anglo was real heavy into religion crusades during the middles ages, but anglo saxons are less than 1 percent of the white evolutions .
Anglo-Saxons were a very large segment of the colonizers in England and their settlements were extensive. They were also very exclusive and retained a great degree of homogeneity. If they hadn't, you'd find many, many more words of Celtic origin in English than there are (or ever were), but in fact, you do not.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:08 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,440,989 times
White Shaun King is white.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:18 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
White Shaun King is white.
Indeed. I am more interested in why white Shaun King is depicted as black?

It's really, really sad when people who are like 1/8th something latch on to that identity.

But I digress. I think most people know that throughout the world, Jesus has been depicted as looking like the prevailing populace.

Not shocking that in Europe he looks lighter, and that in Asia, he has been depicted looking like Confucius' brother. In Latin America or Latin Europe, he often adopts a more olive hue in churches.

When this trend started it was not to "advance white supremacy"... it was done to help conversion. What some Southern Baptists or whoever might have done later is besides the point. I have never, ever ever ever, heard a white person (even a white supremacist) say, "well ya know, Jesus WAS white, so white people are better."

But let's remember that some of these people are the same ones with mostly western African ancestry who like to depict ancient Egyptians and Jesus as looking like he's from Nigeria. Which is ALSO technically false (but in the end, OK, because people relate to people and things that look like them)!

Old 12-28-2015, 07:23 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
What Jesus looked like is not the issue.

He was born of a woman who was a Jew--that's clear. Jews are white.

Ancient Jews heavily resemble modern day Middle Easterners. The Middle East has always reflected the cross-roads of populations. 2000 years ago the Roman Empire's influence was heavy in the region but the indigenous peoples probably looked more like the average Syrian today than Brit. And certainly not like an Angolan.

The Ashkenazi Jewish are definitely not reflective of Ancient Hebrews. Sephardi are.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:32 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I guess we'll have to defer to Shaun King on this. After all he is one of the foremost experts in the field of altering racial apperance to promote a political agenda.
*guffaw*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies