Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 08:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Do they?

What do you mean? They walk out waving AR-15s around? They strut out like Billy the Kid with six guns blazing?

Really, what do you mean?

Because if anyone did that in my placid burb, they likely would be dead.
I mean what you said. You said you would get killed for simply walking out of your house with a gun. Complete hyperbole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 09:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Yes; we are all humans - not robots. Some police do make mistakes and those should be prosecuted in a court of law. We have greater scrutiny on our police force than we ever had in the past - video, smart phones, drones, cameras. Of course it is going to expose more bad cops. All I am saying is that we don't want to throw the system under the bus because some made mistakes. The Black community, even more so than the White community, needs the help of our police force. Somebody has to pick up the pieces.
I'm leaving and will get to the rest but I quickly wanted to note that we throw the system under the bus because the system continues to defend the bad cops no matter what.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:05 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm leaving and will get to the rest but I quickly wanted to note that we throw the system under the bus because the system continues to defend the bad cops no matter what.
People with no common sense are throwing themselves under the bus.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:06 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
They never saw the gun before firing.

Here is the video of the shooting: Tamir Rice: police release video of 12-year-old's fatal shooting. I can see the gun and it is a poor video. He got up and was walking towards the police as they responded with his 'gun' in his hands. How can you say they did not see the weapon?

This was nothing more than one tragic mistake after another. Had Tamir Rice approached any dealer with the same weapon; he could have been shot down just as quick. However; he would not have been shot with the idea of saving lives; just of saving product or money.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:06 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Agreed. I am not a parent yet, but sometimes doubt whether I want to raise a child today.

It's a terrible situation that Cops spend most of their time fighting drug "crimes", because that is the most lucrative for them. Not only can they then go after the possessions and assets of the drug "criminal" but there is incentive money from the DEA/Feds given to local forces for fighting the war on "Drugs". It is why drug criminals often do longer sentences than a convicted pedophile or rapist, because the priority is fighting the War on "Drugs". Now they have created The War on "Terror", another ambiguous war that will be fought until they've bled all they can.

Because Cops are so pre-occupied fighting victimless non-violent crimes, murder and rapes are going unsolved at record rates. This is happening even though DNA forensics has improved immensely and there is far less violent crime than in the past.

I think we need to stop making excuses for legislators/law makers and tell them to allow Police to do what they are supposed to do, and stop harassing certain segments of the population.
Stats show that whites are not nearly as effected by the War on "Drugs" in the "justice system". Up to 90% of people incarcerated under the War on "Drugs" are minorities. Yes, whites are victims in other ways, such as overdose/addiction that could be better treated if drugs were legal and professionally distributed like it used to be.

Before the War on Drugs, only 9% of murders went unsolved! | The PPJ Gazette

As Rapes & Murders Go Unsolved, Cops Make Arrests Every 51 Seconds for Marijuana Possession | The Free Thought Project

This is why when I hear politicians say how they're going to crack down on drugs, I tune out! How about taking steps and rethink our stance on the war on drugs? We can't on one hand promote that we're the "land of the free" and on the other boast the world's largest prison population! Now I'm not advocating drug use, and with the exception of a little bud have no use for other substances! However; education is key, not prison.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:10 AM

862 posts, read 519,560 times
Quote:
I never have......I've addressed that in many posts. Besides, that wasn't the claim I addressed.
Um ok

Old 12-29-2015, 09:13 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
All true, but he still didn't "murder" Rice. He shot what he thought was an armed suspect trying to pull his gun on him.
Because they were called to check on a person waving around a gun. They thought they were encountering an active shooter situation.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:15 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
They never saw the gun before firing.
Tamir was big for his age — 5 feet 7 and 175 pounds, with a men's XL jacket and size-36 pants — and could have easily passed for someone much older.

The police officer said he did see the gun Tamir was holding. I quote what the officer who shot Tamir told investigators, "With his hands pulling the gun out and his elbow coming up, I knew it was a gun and it was coming out. I saw the weapon in his hands coming out of his waistband and the threat to my partner and myself was real and active".

Both officers also insisted that they shouted at Tamir repeatedly to show his hands before Loehmann opened fire from a distance estimated at 4½ to seven feet.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...228-story.html

Old 12-29-2015, 09:18 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
I mean what you said. You said you would get killed for simply walking out of your house with a gun. Complete hyperbole.

What would be the likelier outcome?

Would the cops shrug their shoulders and say, "Oh there goes ole Moth, waving his AR-15 around. Tell him to put it down and we'll give him a pint of IPA."

Yea I am sure I would emerge unscathed.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:20 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That's exactly what the family should be focusing on, suing the toy manufacturer for making the gun look so real. Why can't they make the toy guns look bright orange or red or even clear plastic?
They do. This "kid" modified the gun to make it look more real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies