Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 01:28 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Who said the cops shouldn't have been called? Who? Point them out. How can you not understand that it's astonishing that so many people, I would say the usual suspects, are applauding this decision. In fact, applauding the fact that some cops pulled up to a kid in a park, got out & shot him within 2 seconds. Two seconds. Two. You find that acceptable?? I don't give a damn if the cops were white or black. That kid was shot & killed by a cop & he was standing there, just standing there. Now we have a woman who was pointing a bb gun at cops & nothing. Nothing was done. Nothing. Why don't you think about that for a moment.

While you are making a big deal over the BB gun; go back to page 18 and look at the picture of the weapon that Bulldogdad posted, There is no way any police officer could tell that weapon from a real .45 Colt - especially at a distance. One and a half or two seconds could have been all that it would have taken for the cop to be victim instead of the shooter. If that was the case and they did not protect the customers in the mall, we would see that as a dereliction of duty.

By the way, the last time I checked, about four people every year die from BB guns. There is always a chance that you can be hit in the eye and the BB goes to your brain. You know that many of our 'real' guns look like toy weapons today. This just complicates the job our police do for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 01:32 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah. In an 'open carry' state no less.

What did Rice do that was against the law?
He pointed a weapon at multiple people in a threatening way in public, live on camera.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:34 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I've actually seen the video, thanks. He wasn't pulling it out. Now, what about the woman who pointed a bb gun at cops, what about that?

It's very telling about people who support & applaud what these cops did.
Which video were you watching? He clearly pulled the gun out, waved it around and pointed it at a few people who walked by on the sidewalk before the cops ever arrived. Did you even listen to the 911 call?

Old 12-29-2015, 02:04 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
O.K.

He also said he gave him multiple warnings. The cop is a liar so what he says means nothing.

Thanks.....the one officer never got out of the car and the one doing the shooting fired as soon as he got out. Obviously they are lying.
I wasn't there, but it is possible that two officers can say "show your hands" at least 2 times each in a couple of seconds. It is telling that even though you weren't there either you absolutely know, "Obviously they are lying".

Done with this discussion.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-29-2015 at 02:39 PM..

Old 12-29-2015, 02:28 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Which video were you watching? He clearly pulled the gun out, waved it around and pointed it at a few people who walked by on the sidewalk before the cops ever arrived. Did you even listen to the 911 call?
But he didn't point it at the cops, right?

Old 12-29-2015, 02:47 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That's exactly what the family should be focusing on, suing the toy manufacturer for making the gun look so real. Why can't they make the toy guns look bright orange or red or even clear plastic?
Because morons like this one will paint them flat black so they'll look like the real thing. You can't legislate against stupidity which is what this was. A stupid kid with irresponsible parents was 100% responsible for his own death. All the race pimps can moan about this as much as they want it doesn't alter the facts. Of course they have zero interest in the facts because they don't support their bogus narrative.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:48 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Right, facts be damned.
You wouldn't know a fact if it walked up and kicked you in the teeth.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:52 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Because morons like this one will paint them flat black so they'll look like the real thing. You can't legislate against stupidity which is what this was. A stupid kid with irresponsible parents was 100% responsible for his own death. All the race pimps can moan about this as much as they want it doesn't alter the facts. Of course they have zero interest in the facts because they don't support their bogus narrative.
truth. 5 cents worth of black paint and the carefully crafted 'toy' properties vanish.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:54 PM

998 posts, read 665,172 times
Hands up, don't shoot!

Oh wait, different fake narrative. I see that we're on a new one now.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Amazing you are you are the judge and jury, even with video that you say you never seen (bold part above) but you base many things off the video....
Always about me as opposed to my points. My bolded part was a nice way of me not saying "you are lying".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies