U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2015, 12:49 PM

12,172 posts, read 7,020,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Waving a gun at people on a public sidewalk is.

In our day an adult might have simply walked up and reminded the young man not to wave it. Today the pansy liberal crowd calls 911. So much for "It takes a village".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 12:51 PM

I would bet a million bucks the last words out of his mouth were "it's just a toy, see?"

Old 12-30-2015, 12:51 PM

14,129 posts, read 7,638,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
In our day an adult might have simply walked up and reminded the young man not to wave it. Today the pansy liberal crowd calls 911. So much for "It takes a village".
He wasn't just randomly waving it around painting people with the gun, he was pointing it directly at people from a very short distance while they walked by on the sidewalk.

I said it in my first post in this thread, I would have shot him had he done that to me without a doubt in my mind. If I walk up on someone my height and size on a sidewalk and they point a gun at me I'm not taking any chances.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:53 PM

13,065 posts, read 4,444,581 times
Quote:
In todays world 12 year olds gun people down for no reason in every major city across the country to impress their gang daddies.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He wasn't just randomly waving it around painting people with the gun, he was pointing it directly at people from a very short distance while they walked by on the sidewalk.

I said it in my first post in this thread, I would have shot him had he done that to me without a doubt in my mind. If I walk up on someone my height and size on a sidewalk and they point a gun at me I'm not taking any chances.

They were obviously all very threatened. That explains the dozens of 911 calls. Oh wait; there was only one and the called mentioned it was probably a toy.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:57 PM

32,709 posts, read 13,825,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Exactly. When I was growing up, every kid had various toy guns. If the SRO of cops today was used back then, practically every boy in country would have been dead.

And interestingly, most of the posters supporting the police here WANT everyone to carry guns. So maybe we should do this -- everyone who "conceals carry" should have a bright orange sign they wear on the front and backs of their clothing, and when something goes down, the cops can shoot them (instead of 12 year old) because they might pose a danger.
Tennessee passed a bill allowing guns in parks, but bans toy guns near their schools.

Go figure that one out.

Toy Guns Banned By Tennessee GOP, But Not Real Ones

Old 12-30-2015, 01:01 PM

22,121 posts, read 10,281,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
His life didn't matter before, doesn't matter now except for those trying to politically bludgeon someone else. Reality is that these kids in these areas don't matter. They don't matter to their parents, they don't matter to the gangs, they don't matter to their friends, they don't matter to teachers or administrators either. I guess you have to pick a few dead ones out to wring your hands over from time to time, I get it. Grief can help as much as it can hinder.

He's dead, shot by police (like a lot of people are) and that is sad. But, no his life did/does not matter.

Welcome to a world of 7.125 Billion people.
And then people like you wonder why there's a Black Life Matters movement. Duh!

I suggest you post your comments on Facebook along with your address and telephone number.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
They were obviously all very threatened. That explains the dozens of 911 calls. Oh wait; there was only one and the called mentioned it was probably a toy.
They mentioned it might be fake, not that it was probably a toy. We've all seen the photos, it doesn't in any way look fake especially from a few feet away.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And then people like you wonder why there's a Black Life Matters movement. Duh!

I suggest you post your comments on Facebook along with your address and telephone number.
Very few of us wonder why there's a Black Lives Matter movement, it's just that we know the truth and we laugh at the reasons people like you give for it.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:20 PM

22,121 posts, read 10,281,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Were you there?
Were you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies