U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2015, 02:40 PM

14,282 posts, read 11,631,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And you've been sticking up for the police. Were you there?

One other comment; I actually mean video. For anybody that thinks it is easy being a police officer and I am not trying to stick up for them - I would not want their job! Here is the YouTube link to an old video game called "Lethal Enforcers". You have to sit for half a minute through the commercial and then it starts out slow; so move the slider about half way. That video game points out many of the problems our police face every day. Sometimes they will go forever and never have to pull their weapons; but they still have to be prepared.

I shot for six years on rifle teams and playing video games, like this one, I made mistakes - I shot the 'good guys' by accident; even though I was trying very hard to only take out the bad guys. When I played I tried to think of these situations as real life - it is extremely easy to make a mistake - combine that with not getting all of the information from your dispatcher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09l5HlMmrZ0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 02:43 PM

13,992 posts, read 6,358,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
This argument for the kid is ridiculous. I learned in 8th grade in 1974 that the police had the right to arrest anyone using a toy gun in a robbery attempt as if it were a real on. This was a way the crooks thought they could get out if being charged with possessing a firearm if they got caught. No different for this boy. You wanna play games? This iS what happens. The police were right in this case. I would have shot at him too. If you don't take orders from police, prepared to be shot, especially if you have a gun, an object that looks like one or if you start running toward or approach them. It all comes down to all of these black kids getting shot these past few years have no respect for the police or the law. Same story over and over.

Where's Sharpton? Should be here like clockwork.
It would do you good to actually watch the video because none of what you posted is relevant to this kid getting killed.

Old 12-30-2015, 03:05 PM

7,494 posts, read 3,504,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can't blame the cops for not doing a background check on someone they were going to hire? I can't blame the shooter for lying?
Can you provide a link to this lie? You continue to state this as fact and I have yet to see any proof that it was in fact a lie.

Old 12-30-2015, 03:18 PM

15,839 posts, read 9,998,674 times

Old 12-30-2015, 03:25 PM

9,492 posts, read 4,845,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The video shows that the kid did not comply but rather engaged in threatening behavior.
I'm glad you know what the cops supposedly told Rice to do, what he was told to comply with. Clear it up for me: Was he told to put his hands in the air, or to drop his weapon, or some other version of what the cops told him to do

Old 12-30-2015, 03:28 PM

15,839 posts, read 9,998,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm glad you know what he was told to comply with. Clear it up for me: Was he told to put his hands in the air, or to drop his weapon, or some other version of what the cops told him to do
He didn't comply with orders given within the 1.5 seconds of the cop opening his door and firing his weapon.

Old 12-30-2015, 03:31 PM

5,502 posts, read 5,696,091 times
I honestly think the failure for someone to explain what race actually had to do with it is at the crux of the matter.

How in the world do we know that this officer was motivated by "race" other than the fact that he was white and the kid was black? How do we know that he wouldn't have acted the same with another white 12 year old?

Old 12-30-2015, 03:43 PM

33,917 posts, read 18,449,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You keep repeating that, but I'm pretty sure you weren't there and would have NO way of knowing what the truth is or not.
Leftist mantra.....say it enough it has to be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2015, 03:43 PM

77,963 posts, read 33,265,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Can you provide a link to this lie? You continue to state this as fact and I have yet to see any proof that it was in fact a lie.
If you are not able to read the many links already provided I'm pretty sure another one is going to do no good.

Old 12-30-2015, 03:45 PM

77,963 posts, read 33,265,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I honestly think the failure for someone to explain what race actually had to do with it is at the crux of the matter.

How in the world do we know that this officer was motivated by "race" other than the fact that he was white and the kid was black? How do we know that he wouldn't have acted the same with another white 12 year old?
The mentally incompetent generally don't think like normal people so what he thought is likely irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies