Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 06:57 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am guessing she was white, or the police probably would have shot her within the first two minutes of showing up at the scene.
Well statistically cops shoot more whites than blacks

Old 12-30-2015, 06:58 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
I am guessing she was white, or the police probably would have shot her within the first two minutes of showing up at the scene.
WTF? Is it always race with you?

Old 12-30-2015, 06:58 AM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
The far left wants strict regulations, the far right wants none. Next...
There are a couple thousand gun laws on the books thanks to both parties. None of which have stopped much. Keep wishing though.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:59 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well statistically cops shoot more whites than blacks
Really? Do you have a link to these statistics?

Old 12-30-2015, 07:00 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Woman Shoots, Kills Home Invasion Suspect in Trotwood - WRGT-TV FOX 45 News :: News - Top Stories

She found the opportunity to defend her family by using her own gun against a trio of masked strangers who kicked in her door at night at the end of a private drive. A defensive strategy that progressives want banned.

There are many cases in which people have used guns for self-defense.

That doesn't even matter to the gun-grabbers, though. The fact that an armed homeowner might kill an intruder without giving him due process is anathema to them.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:03 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
There are a couple thousand gun laws on the books thanks to both parties. None of which have stopped much. Keep wishing though.
Most laws aren't meant to prevent anything, they are designed to have something to charge people with after they break laws. Murder laws don't prevent murder, but we have them so we can charge someone with murder when they commit such a crime.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:08 AM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
Quote:
Most laws aren't meant to prevent anything, they are designed to have something to charge people with after they break laws. Murder laws don't prevent murder, but we have them so we can charge someone with murder when they commit such a crime.
So you don't really care about "gun violence," you just want to criminalize ownership of the tools of effective personal defense.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:11 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
IMHO - the "squirrel" people want everyone to be unarmed in order to put an end to violence. When violence is ended they will no longer have to fear predators. This is a nice dream but it is just a dream. Some people are and always will be willing to steal, rob, rape and kill weaker people. I cannot think of any way the rest of us that are neither prey or predator, will ever be able to either protect the squirrels or control all of the predators. The only thing I can conclude is all of us have to be able to protect ourselves from any the predator that attacks us when it is happening. We cannot count on criminals limiting their assaults to robbery because many will not.

I am an economic and social liberal but I am not a squirrel. I will defend myself, my family and, if necessary, complete strangers, from the predators. I resent the group, as represented by the government, limiting what kind or weapons I keep and or carry and where and how I carry them anyplace I have a right to be. If I want to keep a short shotgun at the top of the stairs to our bedroom I will do it regardless of what the Federal Government calls it or how legal it is. I will do that because it is just about the most effective close quarter weapon ever devised.

I am heartened by the stories of citizens being able to stop predators from doing harm by being willing and capable of defending themselves because they were armed. I do not feel sorry for the predator that picked the wrong prey. Anyone that breaks into a house should know that they may be shot dead for their efforts. Not captured by the police after committing the crime but killed during the attempt.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:42 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,403,833 times
Quote:
There are a couple thousand gun laws on the books thanks to both parties.
I would love to see a link on that one.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:48 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,735 times
Quote:
Keep wishing for what? I believe some regulations are needed, but think over regulation is as bad as none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies