U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 08:57 PM

20,675 posts, read 8,833,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yep 50 gold diggers jumping on the bandwagon
How are they gold diggers when they didn't ask for any money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 11:31 PM

6,329 posts, read 6,685,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
gee,,, I thought this was America, where you are innocent TILL PROVEN guilty

I don't believe the gold digging liars
Lay off the innocent until proven guilty crap. No one here is a judge or juror and has the power to throw him in prison. What we all have is the right to our opinion and common sense says he is guilty of being a serial rapist.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:09 AM

2,344 posts, read 952,068 times
Default What will happen after Cosby is acquitted?

Considering that there's only a flimsy case against him with no conceivable evidence and the fact
that he hired the hell out of a lawyer who seems to be able to effortlessly argue her way out of anything, it's almost certain that Cosby will be acquitted.

So, what is going to happen after that? Are they going to clear his name, give him back his honorary degrees, and put his show back into syndication, or is Cosby going to be O.J-shamed for the rest of his life?

Would those of you who think he's guilty reconsider and re-embrace him as America's favorite T.V dad after the case against him doesn't stand up in court?

Old 01-10-2016, 11:28 AM

30,120 posts, read 16,639,284 times
What will happen? I imagine the world will keep spinning on it's axis and life will go on.

Cosby hasn't been 'America's tv Dad' for years. IF he's innocent - he can fade back into obscurity or keep doing stand-up where he makes those ridiculous noises. Bipity Bopity Boo.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:42 AM

14,210 posts, read 10,118,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post

Considering that there's only a flimsy case against him with no conceivable evidence and the fact
that he hired the hell out of a lawyer who seems to be able to effortlessly argue her way out of anything, it's almost certain that Cosby will be acquitted.

So, what is going to happen after that? Are they going to clear his name, give him back his honorary degrees, and put his show back into syndication, or is Cosby going to be O.J-shamed for the rest of his life?

Would those of you who think he's guilty reconsider and re-embrace him as America's favorite T.V dad after the case against him doesn't stand up in court?
Honestly, I'm not sure he won't be convicted. Unlike O.J. Bill Cosby was a huge part of a lot of peoples lives. I'm not sure people will be very objective in the trial against him. He might win on appeal but my gut says he will lose the jury trial due to that. Even if he doesn't I don't think his career will come back within the Western world. It's just too tainted.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:01 PM

11,642 posts, read 5,939,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure he won't be convicted. Unlike O.J. Bill Cosby was a huge part of a lot of peoples lives. I'm not sure people will be very objective in the trial against him. He might win on appeal but my gut says he will lose the jury trial due to that. Even if he doesn't I don't think his career will come back within the Western world. It's just too tainted.
Fully informed juries can go either way.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:02 PM

12,358 posts, read 7,754,492 times
I've been turned off by Bill Cosby from way back when I heard him joke about giving "Spanish Fly" to girls to get sex. It was on one of his comedy records and you can hear him for yourself on the bottom link. It was a common reference for him early on in his career. I have no doubt that he used it and other drugs to get sex from non-consenting women. Maybe not all 60 of them but enough.

Cosby's history of 'Spanish Fly' jokes comes back to haunt him | MSNBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAorIG6MZnc

Old 01-10-2016, 12:05 PM

14,210 posts, read 10,118,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Fully informed juries can go either way.
They can, but most of them know the amount of complaints against him and his status as the t.v. dad. I really don't foresee too many jurors viewing him with sympathetic eyes.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:08 PM

11,642 posts, read 5,939,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
They can, but most of them know the amount of complaints against him and his status as the t.v. dad. I really don't foresee too many jurors viewing him with sympathetic eyes.
No, I meant with contemptuous eyes.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:25 PM

35,290 posts, read 19,318,608 times
Lightbulb What will happen after Cosby is acquitted?

Consult the oracle...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or