U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 01:35 PM

2,306 posts, read 941,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I doubt he will be acquitted this time.
There was never a first time. He's never been charged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 01:35 PM

20,194 posts, read 12,100,888 times
as a woman I don't get this 30 yrs later- you figure would taint your own careers,, it doesn't excuse him-- just harder to prove and one be considered truthful or credible.
People who get abused are expected to display an unholy terror right after-- - so scream baby scream-- when it happens.

now kids-- well kids are kids-- whatever they feel is right

Old 01-10-2016, 01:37 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,537,374 times
White people will burn down Starbucks and overturn BMW's.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:51 PM

639 posts, read 397,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
There's only one case that has not passed the statute, and little if any evidence for that one case against him. The rest of those fifty and some odd women are wasting their time.
Legally maybe, But he is done. His life will be a miserable hell.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:03 PM

639 posts, read 397,516 times
That is the common term used by her camp, has been for years, but I don't know if it's ever been directly attributed to her. Maybe the poster can answer.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:07 PM

15,837 posts, read 10,029,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
There was never a first time. He's never been charged.
Correct, I should have said "beat the rap".

Old 01-10-2016, 02:12 PM

30,435 posts, read 20,087,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
They can, but most of them know the amount of complaints against him and his status as the t.v. dad. I really don't foresee too many jurors viewing him with sympathetic eyes.

He doesn`t need "many jurors".

He just needs one.

The prosecution has a bunch of Hollywood wannabes turned gold diggers who thought bopin` Bill would advance their careers and some private behavior on the defendant`s part that doesn`t match his lofty public persona.

It`s a classic Gloria Allred celebrity witch trial/shakedown.

I say he is acquitted, but his life will be irreparably damaged.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:52 PM

4,338 posts, read 2,261,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
He doesn`t need "many jurors".

He just needs one.

The prosecution has a bunch of Hollywood wannabes turned gold diggers who thought bopin` Bill would advance their careers and some private behavior on the defendant`s part that doesn`t match his lofty public persona.

It`s a classic Gloria Allred celebrity witch trial/shakedown.

I say he is acquitted, but his life will be irreparably damaged.
He already settled a civil suit with the Canadian victim and he has admitted to giving her pills which reportedly incapacitated her. Consensual sex is not possible with an incapacitated victim. The prosecuter has read his unsealed deposition and decided to file charges - he will have plenty of people to call to establish his behavioral pattern. There is a good chance he will do time and by the look of him he does not have too much more time.

He is a serial rapist whose once rock solid credibility has been trashed by the similar accusations of more than 50 women. He is not more innocent than Charlie Manson.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:03 PM

583 posts, read 384,874 times
Quote:
Yes, apparently there have been rumors since the 60's about him drugging women. Makes me wonder if the studio paid off women over the years to bury it. I mean could you imagine during the height of I Spy the premier black entertainer in America was convicted of raping women? I would imagine that would of set back a lot of progress right there.
I said it earlier in this thread.

A black man in the decade where blacks had to fight for the right to so much as drink at the same water fountain as whites, raping that many white women AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT? Please.

Blacks were getting hosed, lynched, had dogs set on them, and were beaten to death by police (which were majority white) all for nothing and these white women honestly thought "No one would believe me or take me seriously, that's why I said nothing". Do none of you remember the story of Emmet Till, the boy who was lynched for just looking at a white woman shortly before the 60's?

Come on ya'll. I know you all are smarter than this.

These women have been caught with histories of false reporting to the police in the past, extortion, and other crimes that devalues their credibility. Plus you have Gloria Allred involved, aka, the Al Sharpton for women.

Janice Dickinson's autobiography from 2002 contradicted her meeting with Cosby. she said in that autobiography that Cosby actually REJECTED her. But now all of a sudden he raped her? Do I need to remind you all when she made the media believe Sylvestor Stallone was the father of her child that he abandoned and was a bad man and then low-and-behold, she was pregnant by another man the whole time.

Another of these women used her settlement money to buy a condo in Toronto. So before you all say "what do these womenave to gain", that is one example.

Then there's the Playboy mansion case where it was found out she was lying because they traced his phone and flight records that prove he was in NY at the time.

And yet again, I still say, you have these people like Roman Polanski that has far more substantial evidence of him molesting CHILDREN!!!!! and he is still walking free. So is Rob Lowe. And you have Charlie Sheen who still has his show played on air and syndicated even though he ADMITTED to having unprotected sex with women while he had one of the most notorious STD's known.

But you all are coming for Cosby and his show is taken off air because some gold diggers want their shine and settlement money accusing him of crimes they have no evidence to prove. Okay.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:55 AM

5,177 posts, read 2,072,667 times
Quote:
Yes, apparently there have been rumors since the 60's about him drugging women. Makes me wonder if the studio paid off women over the years to bury it. I mean could you imagine during the height of I Spy the premier black entertainer in America was convicted of raping women? I would imagine that would of set back a lot of progress right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Life will go on as usual. And "The Cosby Show" will still be shown on TV.

These women waited far too long to make their accusations and go public.
Some don't seem to understand how, going back within 50 years, it was very difficult to make such claims, especially about a popular actor-comedian, let alone making a claim of rape by any guy. If not having heard the women tell their varied stories, one should do so. Though some tried to tell others, such as agents, friends or relatives, they would not be believed or be told to let it go, due to the circumstances. Others had not wanted to bring it up, feeling such shame and trauma or knew they would not be heard. So, they had to live with it...until something surfaced all these years later that allowed for them to come out of hiding, expressing themselves with having safety in numbers.

Why some refuse to see this, I don't know. Those who think they are making it up, suspicious of them not having spoken out sooner, thinking they "want money", etc., are being thoughtless, unrealistic and I think, juvenile, besides lacking analytical skills. This is real. NO woman would bother going to this length and no, they are not expecting money. They want psychological justice for what they have endured.

The responses stating that some of the women also "did something else to cause their claims to lack validity" is just something to give the other side some justification. If out of tons of women, a few have had other questionable life events, doesn't discount what all has occurred. People are not going to have the same mentalities or motivations, so this should not be allowed to negate other claims. What is in common is what had occurred similarly to each, even if they differ in personality, character and life's occurrences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or