Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 09:26 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Of course, that's their plan. Their whole "reasonable gun control" is BS and nothing more than a smokescreen for complete ban and confiscation. "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it." - Senator Feinstein (D) That didn't work so they're taking it one small step at a time instead.
Absolute nonsensical hyperbole. Cops already take guns away from people who are involved in a violent domestic violence and they give them back. This allows a judge to extend the removal from 72 hours as it previously was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
“It’s a short duration, and it allows for due process,” Moore contends.
Read more at New law lets cops confiscate guns without notice
THAT is laughable! Its just freaking hilarious...you get due process AFTER your rights have been violated!
It only happens after you violated your partner's right not be threatened with violence or physically abused..believe it or not victims have rights too

Old 12-30-2015, 09:36 PM

And here's a real compelling reason to have a procedure in place for gun violence restraining orders:

Among a sample of women residing in domestic violence shelters in California, 65% of women who, prior to seeking shelter
lived in homes with guns, reported their abuser had used a gun to scare, threaten or harm them

Also on that link is a somewhat dated list of state by state policy for removing guns from the scene of a domestic violence; it's not something unique to California.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:37 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
With the rise of right-wing domestic terrorism (desperate white males scared ****less of "ethnics") and mentally ill craxy lone mass shooters, this law is a MUCH NEEDED one
Speaking of racism.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:46 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,928,486 times
I'm a gun owner....big time. However, I also know that there are a lot of F'd up people in the world who do some pretty F'd up stuff. If you're threatening to kill your ex-wife or posting about going back to your old workplace and wiping them out, I don't see a problem with taking a pause to figure out exactly what you're about. I've been married, divorced, fired from jobs, etc and have NEVER done anything close to what would be required for a JUDGE to order an investigation. I think this mainly bothers 2A advocates (of which I am one) who think that the 2A covers bazookas and tanks. Gun owners always say, "Guns don't kill people, crazy people kill people". Well, it seems that this is what this law is intended to try and stop. No worries here.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:06 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What the hell are you talking about? I NEVER said anyone has a right to welfare, LOL
You're a liberal.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:07 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAappraiser View Post
I'm a gun owner....big time. However, I also know that there are a lot of F'd up people in the world who do some pretty F'd up stuff. If you're threatening to kill your ex-wife or posting about going back to your old workplace and wiping them out, I don't see a problem with taking a pause to figure out exactly what you're about. I've been married, divorced, fired from jobs, etc and have NEVER done anything close to what would be required for a JUDGE to order an investigation. I think this mainly bothers 2A advocates (of which I am one) who think that the 2A covers bazookas and tanks. Gun owners always say, "Guns don't kill people, crazy people kill people". Well, it seems that this is what this law is intended to try and stop. No worries here.
Suppose the "ex" is lying?

Old 12-30-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Suppose the "ex" is lying?
Then you go to the hearing and get your guns back & file for divorce. What if the 'ex' is telling the truth, do you really think it's smart to leave guns in the house when someone has threatened violence?

Old 12-30-2015, 10:27 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You're a liberal.
Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

Old 12-30-2015, 10:30 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
That would happen AFTER you commit a crime.
Ehm - no? People who haven't committed anything criminal are arrested all the time. Perfectly constitutional, as long as they get their speedy trial or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

Quote:
Something you DON'T get a chance to here...
Oh noes!

Quote:
.its like that movie with Will Smith where they arrest people for THINKING about committing a crime...
I am not familiar with said cinematic work, but if police have evidence of someone having criminal intent, they are perfectly within their rights to arrest him/her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies