Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 02:13 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Followup question: do any LEO's here consider it natural behavior of a trained police dog to attack a infant strapped in a car seat?
That's what I was wondering. My understanding has always been that police dogs don't attack until given the command?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 02:41 PM

658 posts, read 1,142,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
That's what I was wondering. My understanding has always been that police dogs don't attack until given the command?

Don't point out the obvious.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:43 PM

658 posts, read 1,142,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'm not trying to turn it around. But personal responsibility goes both ways. And the father, who spent 2 minutes NOT telling the cops he had his daughter in the car, should take some of that responsibility.

I think armchair quarterbacking situations you can't even imagine being in is the more disgusting thing.

You are armchair ing it, particularly blaming the victims

Old 12-31-2015, 02:49 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
More blood thirsty SOB's with no commonsense and incompetent disregard for the public. Why do they bother to get a description of the suspect if they are going to ignore it and wrongfully detain the first person they come in contact with.
They just don't care who they hurt because they get away with over and over.

If there was a prosecutor interested in doing his/her job they would be investigated, charged with crimes, and looking at some jail time. That dog is a dangerous weapon and just like a gun it needs to be controlled until a threat is encountered.
Complete BS if they get away with this. I hope someone starts a petition. I'll sign it.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:53 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Your hatred of law enforcement is quite pathological.
What's with the pathological need to blame citizens who aren't trained as to how to respond to a police stop unlike the so-called law enforcement "professionals?"

Two minutes is a life time to simply ascertain if their were any other passengers in the car. It ain't like this was a single unit stop, there were more than enough cops to search the vehicle without unleashing the do!

Old 12-31-2015, 03:07 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times
The negligent k9 cop was taken off K9 duty and there was financial reimbursement, so the situation was handled.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:09 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
This is the most incompetent display of policing i've ever seen.

Horrifying video shows cops sic K-9 on infant daughter of a man they mistook for a suspect

They should lose their jobs. And not only their jobs, they need to lose their freedom.
Is the dog okay? I hope nothing happens to those fine officers because you have to support the police. The baby can grow a new arm.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:11 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
What's with the pathological need to blame citizens who aren't trained as to how to respond to a police stop unlike the so-called law enforcement "professionals?"

Two minutes is a life time to simply ascertain if their were any other passengers in the car. It ain't like this was a single unit stop, there were more than enough cops to search the vehicle without unleashing the do!
I think, he thinks were in occupied America where all people, innocent or not, need to bow down and worship their authority.

First they indoctrinate them with videos where they say our founding fathers were terrorists, then they supply them with surplus military goods and lately they have been shipping them off to Israel with the IDF for further training. Against who, they are a Domestic Police Force.

That would be against all citizens

Press TV: Tragedy of US police training by Israeli companies | Veterans Today

Quote:
During the Bush administration, Israeli-American dual citizen and Director of Homeland Security Chertoff mandated that American police forces be trained by Israeli groups in crowd control, counter-terrorism and intelligence gathering.

Since that time, shootings of unarmed civilians has gone up 500%, attacks on legal political protests by police have become a scandal and huge stockpiles of ammunition and military heavy weaponry have been distributed to law enforcement groups in every region of America, both local and federally controlled.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:14 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The negligent k9 cop was taken off K9 duty and there was financial reimbursement, so the situation was handled.
How was justice served?
Why is money the solution to everything?

What would have happened if the shoe was reversed and a citizen out of nowhere attacked the dog and his handler accidentally? Just slap on the wrist and a fine from the tax payers like above?

RIGHT!

Old 12-31-2015, 03:21 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That's what the headline (copied to the thread title) was meant to evoke. And the result is what happens when people emote rather than think.

The cop hatred is clear here, as evidenced by calls to fire or imprison them all. This happened quickly, and the only one who could be considered to have acted too quickly was the K-9 officer. The others didn't ask him to intervene. And no one knowingly released that dog to maul an infant as the title suggests.

There was miscommunication all around. The guy they questioned never said a thing about a baby in the car, and the responding K-9 officer saw movement in the car (the red SUV that a "witness" claimed to have seen a "perp" get into). Turns out there wasn't even an attempted robbery, and that information, reported to police, was incorrect (someone [the black guy] wasn't allowed to return an opened item and made an offhand comment about coming back to rob the place, so the shop owner called the cops).

No perp, wrong guy ID'd as getting into the red SUV by "witness," ....miscommunication all around. No wonder everyone was confused. Which is probably why, after almost a year, no one (much less all of them) has either been fired or imprisoned.
Sorry, I missed where the article noted a "red" SUV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies