Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 06:25 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
Take the hoodrats in the major cities out of the equation and get back to me with those results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 06:30 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
So if someone that is obviously crazy came to you and said I need a BIG gun so I can go to a church and kill as many white Christians I can you would sell them what they want?
How disingenuous you are!

You asked "would you sell a gun to a person without a background check" and when they answered THAT question with a yes... you apply the most insane never gonna happen scenario.

Those who would exchange their freedom for safety deserve neither, and only lunatics would ignore this truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Define "BIG gun" LMAO at the ignorance.
Ignorance for sure, and would certainly be funny if it wasn't so shameful. These people gladly accept being told what to think, do, say, and how to act. Ideologues without a clue.

Old 01-01-2016, 06:50 PM

188 posts, read 103,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Wow, I didn't realize that thousands of people were being killed every year by printing presses.
You miss the point entirely, utterly and most-stupidly.
People are killed in all sorts of activities, few of which rise to the level of a BOR-protected right, yet we as a society don't ban them. If you think the freedom to own a gun is dangerous, just wait to you get a whiff of what it is like to not be able to own a gun, and be vulnerable, therefore, to ever hood, bum, wanna-be tyrant etc., that comes down the pike.

Old 01-01-2016, 06:51 PM

285 posts, read 176,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Take the hoodrats in the major cities out of the equation and get back to me with those results.
Criminals aren't exclusive to the United States and homicide occurs in major cities throughout the world. What is your point?

Old 01-01-2016, 08:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
OK lets try this way ... Do any of you sexually dysfunctional gun supporters even know what this action does or DOESN'T do?
This doesn't apply to me, but I happen to know the gun law Obama wants to pass, now do you? If his plan was so easy and agreeable way is he taking "executive order to get it done?" Why is he not passing it by the will of the people? You certainly are not for a forceful government are you?

Quote:
So if someone that is obviously crazy came to you and said I need a BIG gun so I can go to a church and kill as many white Christians I can you would sell them what they want?
People who speculate, drive me crazy! Is this a serious question........would this be including ones self in the crime? This would be a dumb gun owner, but if it was done, how will a background check stop it?

Quote:
Forget asking this one, not one anti-gun person has the _____ to address this!

Old 01-01-2016, 08:58 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Wake up folks-this isn't about "background checks". It's mandatory gun registration, even for private sales. Every 4733 is tied to a specific firearm. Not to mention driving up the cost of private sales.

Even liberals and the gun control idiots aren't really stupid enough to believe that criminals will take their stolen or otherwise illegal guns to a licensed dealer to have a background check done when they sell a gun. And this corrupt, disgusting executive order isn't aimed at criminals-it is aimed solely at lawful gun owners. You know...the ones that obey laws.

I hate to say it, but it may be time that the 2nd amendment is used the way it was intended when written.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:25 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
I would, have and will continue to.... I have also bought guns the same way. I won't change and neither will anyone else.
Agree with above-

I have given (not sold) many guns to other people. Those individuals have either been young adults or later teens who could not afford the guns themselves (no straw purchases- just gave them some guns I already owned). All were solid citizens and nice kids.

I see the position of the feds regarding background checks for those who purchase guns. However, we have background checks up the ying-yang now. You wouldn't believe all of the "background checks" I have gone through ( as well as my physician friends) just to buy another gun.

Everyone who buys a gun SHOULD HAVE a background check. However, I have never purchased a gun (EVER) at which I did not have to fill out a form and have the weapon shipped (if not purchased at a gun shop) to an FFL holder. The feds keep talking about "gun show loopholes", but I can say that I have had to fill out the same forms at a gun show that I have to fill out at a gun shop. I fail to see the "loophole".

I am more interested in the "terrorist loophole" and the "illegal immigrant loophole" that allows dangerous people from other lands come to the US and threaten citizens.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:53 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Typical of the anti gun crowd. 2A supporters must have some inadequacy they're trying to make up for by owning a firearm. You guys really are clueless
I am far from anti-gun, but I like to point out the craziness of some gun advocates.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
Is it cozy in your bubble?

This. Plus I don't sell my weapons. No thanks.
You said you WOULD sell ANY gun to ANYONE that came to you.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This doesn't apply to me, but I happen to know the gun law Obama wants to pass, now do you? If his plan was so easy and agreeable way is he taking "executive order to get it done?" Why is he not passing it by the will of the people? You certainly are not for a forceful government are you?

People who speculate, drive me crazy! Is this a serious question........would this be including ones self in the crime? This would be a dumb gun owner, but if it was done, how will a background check stop it?

Forget asking this one, not one anti-gun person has the _____ to address this!

Oh you mean the fact almost ALL gun deaths are gang on gang and relatively few are innocent bystanders or police?

There are loads of people that should NOT be allowed to have guns, do you dispute this fact?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies