U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 11:19 PM

39,400 posts, read 47,442,646 times

Advertisements

The whole world is laughing at the circus and it's followers created by
the chief clown Trump.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:44 AM

8,872 posts, read 13,495,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda_d View Post
the last time i looked, the us constitution and the bill of rights were still in effect, so freedom of speech -- even in the sky over the rose bowl -- is still perfectly legal, however much the trumplets dislike being reminded that not everybody thinks donald trump is fit to be potus.
that. ^^^

Old 01-03-2016, 03:37 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 3,151,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
the more they knock Trump, the more his numbers go up.
But what happens when his number's up?

Old 01-03-2016, 05:20 AM

7,841 posts, read 7,293,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That's what I mean, or crashed on purpose into the crowd.

You're missing the point. All week on the local LA news all we heard about(and it was on the national news) how strict security was going to be at the Rose Parade/Bowl. There was the FBI, Homeland Security, local police, etc. Yet some guy in a plane flies right over. So much for security.

They could certainly restrict airspace over the area at least for the day.
Do you really think that somebody who decided to crash a plane into a crowd on purpose would pay attention to a ban on flights over the Rose Parade?

My guess is that if the plane had been tugging a banner that said "Vote for Trump" or wrote something similar in the sky over the parade route, that this thread wouldn't exist. Get a clue. You may think Trump is great but he had a 55% negative rating in the last poll I saw before Christmas. Hillary Clinton had a negative rating in the low 20s in that same poll. The fact is that a lot of Americans from all over the political spectrum don't like Trump, and won't vote for him under any conditions. That this event was paid for by a Republican just underscores that.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:38 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,163,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
Luther Stan Pate IV a millionaire Marco Rubio donor is behind the publicity stunt. I'm nineteen and I find this stunt quite immature. I mean these are grown ass men and they are acting like children! I'm a Republican but both sides of the aisle have major problems and from personal experience they are owned by lobbyist instead of the American people.
It was done because one of the teams playing in the Rose Bowl was Iowa, and the Iowa Caucus is coming up.

Personally, I find all the infighting within the Republican party to be hilarious! Democrats tend to be more unified (it's really only Bernie vs Hillary on the Dem side). The more the Repubs fight each other, the greater the chances of the Dems keeping the White House next year.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:38 AM

5,499 posts, read 5,033,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
GREAT!

Everyone has an agenda even if it means spoiling the fun of another.

Let me put it this way. One of the guidelines, at least a few years back, was how a NPS Ranger should respond to someone speeding through a park. The answer was with diplomacy for here was someone who might be engaged in a once in a life time event and it would be wrong to ruin it by coming down hard unnecessarily.

Same thing here. This may have been a once in a life time event for someone but some jerks felt that their message was more important.

"Don't rain on someone else's parade"
I'm so confused. How did this spoil anyone's fun? The Rose parade IS a spectacle. There are dozens of floats, surely not every float appeals to every viewer. Nothing illegal was done. Not sure how your NPS comparison works here. No one was breaking the law, no one ruined anything. If anything, this made it all more memorable for Trump supporters and non supporters alike.

This is America. This is part of the political process. People express feelings about who they like and dislike. That does not have to ruin anyone's 'fun'.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:41 AM

5,499 posts, read 5,033,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
It appears that that those against Trump have forgot the odd adage,

‎"I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."

Pretty much the more they knock Trump, the more his numbers go up.
LoL...who's the rubber? Trump is the one going around saying people are 'disgusting'. How is that admirable?

Old 01-03-2016, 09:13 AM

10,596 posts, read 13,085,420 times
I think trump is trolling the election. It feels like a publicity stunt, Like when he shaved Vince McMahon bald. Its so over the top it's like a comedy central skit.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:35 AM

20,296 posts, read 16,464,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I think trump is trolling the election. It feels like a publicity stunt, Like when he shaved Vince McMahon bald. Its so over the top it's like a comedy central skit.
Actually Donny Deutsch, who is a close friend of Trump's was actually laughing about his bid on the Today Show, saying "I don't think he even wants the job. I think he just wants to win".

Old 01-03-2016, 10:45 AM

16,990 posts, read 20,591,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Do you really think that somebody who decided to crash a plane into a crowd on purpose would pay attention to a ban on flights over the Rose Parade?

My guess is that if the plane had been tugging a banner that said "Vote for Trump" or wrote something similar in the sky over the parade route, that this thread wouldn't exist. Get a clue. You may think Trump is great but he had a 55% negative rating in the last poll I saw before Christmas. Hillary Clinton had a negative rating in the low 20s in that same poll. The fact is that a lot of Americans from all over the political spectrum don't like Trump, and won't vote for him under any conditions. That this event was paid for by a Republican just underscores that.

What are you talking about?

Where did you get all that out of my post?

I said I found it ironic that all we heard about was heightened security during the Rose Bowl.

How DHS, FBI, local authorities were in place. I would have thought that would have included restricted air space over the area while the game/parade was going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies