Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 10:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I'm so confused. How did this spoil anyone's fun? The Rose parade IS a spectacle. There are dozens of floats, surely not every float appeals to every viewer. Nothing illegal was done. Not sure how your NPS comparison works here. No one was breaking the law, no one ruined anything. If anything, this made it all more memorable for Trump supporters and non supporters alike.

This is America. This is part of the political process. People express feelings about who they like and dislike. That does not have to ruin anyone's 'fun'.
Exactly. Free speech.

And frankly, Trump certainly hasn't played by the rules or worried about raining on anyone's parade.

People who can afford it have decided it is time to fight fire with fire. When a candidate spews hate and negativity the way Trump does, it is not surprising that people will tire of it eventually and respond in kind.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:17 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
It's amazing that Trump does so well when so many are trying to destroy him. I've never seen such a large smear campaign for any presidential candidate before, everyone is blatantly hating the guy in front of everyone. Still, he rises above it. I can't decide if it's because the smear campaign, in reality is just free advertising or if he's just that mighty.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:18 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,826 times
Not really.. They go up and down but they have an obvious limit to how high they go.. I mean there are only so many stupid people
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
It appears that that those against Trump have forgot the odd adage,

‎"I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."

Pretty much the more they knock Trump, the more his numbers go up.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:28 AM

335 posts, read 325,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
When a candidate spews hate and negativity the way Trump does
Any chance of getting a link to support this claim???

Old 01-03-2016, 11:55 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
Any chance of getting a link to support this claim???
The fact that you think it is only a 'claim' and that he is not spewing and inspiring hate or negativity speaks for itself.

And playing 'dumb' or 'naive' about it simply reflects on a cult-like response to it by his supporters. Skywriting was correct. He is disgusting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ng-mainstream/

Israel and Britain Confront Donald Trump and Free Speech - The Atlantic

Donald Trump 2016: Racist groups traffic spike - POLITICO

Donald Trump

Trump Speech Is Hateful, But It Is Not New*|*David Paul

Donald Trump's Anti-Muslim Comments Inspire Racists Of All Stripes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...cist-movement/

A Donald Trump-Inspired Hate Crime in Boston - The Atlantic

Trump

Old 01-03-2016, 11:57 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
It's amazing that Trump does so well when so many are trying to destroy him. I've never seen such a large smear campaign for any presidential candidate before, everyone is blatantly hating the guy in front of everyone. Still, he rises above it. I can't decide if it's because the smear campaign, in reality is just free advertising or if he's just that mighty.
We live in an age where reality TV shows, And bad celebrity behavior only scores them more points. It's the "Any publicity is good publicity" and Trump has a planet sized ego which only fuels him. There will be more and more outrageous behavior from him as we near the big day. I would not be surprised if he shows up drunk to a press conference wearing a top hat and flips over the podium at this point. I also agree with ocnjgirl post about him just wanting to win. For the record on my part, I think he is a clown and overgrown child with lots of green. Just sayin'.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:00 PM

13,246 posts, read 7,304,105 times
The more you post on hating trump the more people will vote for him. He is connecting with people and he is right I have no problem with his what he is saying. Illegal immigrants are not a minority groups in America they are an Illegal group.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:24 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Actually Donny Deutsch, who is a close friend of Trump's was actually laughing about his bid on the Today Show, saying "I don't think he even wants the job. I think he just wants to win".
With "friends" like that, who needs enemies?

Old 01-03-2016, 12:35 PM

335 posts, read 325,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The fact that you think it is only a 'claim' and that he is not spewing and inspiring hate or negativity speaks for itself.

And playing 'dumb' or 'naive' about it simply reflects on a cult-like response to it by his supporters. Skywriting was correct. He is disgusting.
Thanks for that. (I deleted the links just to save space and no reason being redundant.) I found the links to have one thing in common. All published by left, liberal publications. Not to mention, it's all really no more than one or more persons opinion. And of course the left will say anything about the guy. They can't wrap their heads around the fact the more he speaks his mind about what is wrong with this country with no regard to the PC nonsense, the more his popularity grows. Like it or not, the majority of Americans think the country is headed in the wrong direction. Most of it in the last eight years....imagine that. It's about time we have a candidate that is willing to take on the problems facing this country with out the fear of "hurting" a particular group or groups of peoples feelings. FWIW, he had my vote about two minutes after announcing that he is running.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:35 PM

599 posts, read 401,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
It was done because one of the teams playing in the Rose Bowl was Iowa, and the Iowa Caucus is coming up.

Personally, I find all the infighting within the Republican party to be hilarious! Democrats tend to be more unified (it's really only Bernie vs Hillary on the Dem side). The more the Repubs fight each other, the greater the chances of the Dems keeping the White House next year.
I'm quite sure Clinton will be our next president. Who do you want? Throughout the internet I have hardly seen any support for Clinton though plenty and I mean plenty of support for Sanders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies