U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 11:17 PM

7,074 posts, read 4,888,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
GREAT!

Everyone has an agenda even if it means spoiling the fun of another.

Let me put it this way. One of the guidelines, at least a few years back, was how a NPS Ranger should respond to someone speeding through a park. The answer was with diplomacy for here was someone who might be engaged in a once in a life time event and it would be wrong to ruin it by coming down hard unnecessarily.

Same thing here. This may have been a once in a life time event for someone but some jerks felt that their message was more important.

"Don't rain on someone else's parade"
I agree. Regardless if one agrees/disagrees with the message, I think it's selfish to bring politics into something that should just be a fun enjoyable day out. There's a time and place for everything. But given many people are selfish and feel their agenda rules above all others, I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. The same people posting here with high fives on the content are probably the same mentality of the people who did the skywriting....me me me. And as if this is really going to sway anyone one way or the other about how they feel about any given topic but I suppose people who are selfish/self-important don't think in such terms.

Old 01-04-2016, 12:19 AM

8,623 posts, read 6,216,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
You know something is up when Republicans are pulling stunts like this against their own people.

This is why he won't become President. Too many Republicans will stay home and too many Dems will turn up at the polls to make sure he doesn't become President out of fear. He's insane.

I don't think sanity is one of BHO's strong suits yet democrats love them some Barry.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:20 AM

20,230 posts, read 16,430,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
And all the others who fake smile, lie left and right, bought and sold by the highest contributors, and say the PC words that people fall for again and again aren't just about the "winning" and holding on to power and don't have lots of $ behind them from their donors?

Come on now......

And our current POTUS isn't on reality shows, talk shows and doing skits on them, been on show's like Jon Stewart how many times, etc?.......talk about the reality show circuit and the publicity factor.

Also I know it is a fine line, but you're right on the line of violating TOS, you must stay on topic and not veer off into political commentary.
Most, perhaps yourself included, favor the more slick and the more surface cordial lying type of politician who speak PC and speak to people in a way that makes them feel like they are "presidential". Funny the bill of goods sold to so many in a slick wrapper but that appears to be changing a bit.
My comment wasn't political opinion at all, it was a direct comment of what HIS good friend Donny Deutcsh said on the Today Show about him. Again, he wasn't saying it to be hateful, he really thinks the whole thing is humorous. I don't hate him, I just said "here's what his friend said". You're just lashing out at whoever's within arms length.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:54 AM

8,401 posts, read 9,851,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
We live in an age where reality TV shows, And bad celebrity behavior only scores them more points. It's the "Any publicity is good publicity" and Trump has a planet sized ego which only fuels him. There will be more and more outrageous behavior from him as we near the big day. I would not be surprised if he shows up drunk to a press conference wearing a top hat and flips over the podium at this point. I also agree with ocnjgirl post about him just wanting to win. For the record on my part, I think he is a clown and overgrown child with lots of green. Just sayin'.

Calling people names doesn't excuse why he has so many votes.
If there is a man who can gain votes regardless of all the smear going on I think there is more to it than meets the eye.
Let's be honest for a minute, everyone just wants to win. Better his green than a lobbyist.

If air space is the new political platform I won't be thrilled. I'm surprised it didn't read:

HEY CALIFORNIA, LONG TIME NO SEE.....

IT'S GOD HERE, I DON'T LIKE DONALD....VOTE FOR MARCO OR AT LEAST CRUZ.....THIS IS GOD HERE, I DON'T LIKE

DONALD....VOTE FOR MARCO OR AT LEAST CRUZ.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies