Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 02:53 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times

Advertisements

Russia accomplished a raceless and classless society.

But, it was unsatisfying to those therewithin.

All progress was halted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 12:11 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There is nothing factual in it, it is opinion.
Well-founded opinion based on indisputable facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
When the author writes, "Liberals don’t care if these minority students fail;" that's basically false. I, as a liberal, care if minority students fail. The opinion piece is loaded with similar baseless assertions.
If liberals cared about minority students, they would give them a choice of schools to attend.

They won't do that because of the teachers unions.

Imagine if there was only one restaurant -- with multiple branches, all the same -- that we could go to, run by the government.

With that restaurant having no competition, do you think the food would be good?

The service?

The decor?

Do you think you'd get a good meal at a reasonable price?

Of course not.

As the only restaurant around, it would have no competition, and therefore no need to improve the quality of its food or service.

Same deal with government-run public schools, which liberals support.

Liberals will always SAY that they care about minorities.

Look at what they do, not what they say, and then you will know the truth -- that they couldn't care less about minorities.

Quote:
The main theme, that 'the 2008 election of Barack Obama will be looked upon by historians as a baffling breed of mass hysteria,' is already been undercut by the 2012 re-election of Barack Obama. It's a silly assertion at that, thinking that the voters must be hysterical because they didn't agree with your candidate choice.
When Chris Matthews talks about a "thrill up his leg," when a typical "tough question" to Obama by the fawning liberal media is "How DO you handle the pressure?" and when Obama gets away with saying that the oceans will stop rising now that he is president -- and then gets a Nobel Prize for doing exactly nothing except being black -- then you know that the people who support him are hysterical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
"Failure" lol! Yeah, unemployment is crazy low
Wrong. The work force participation rate has declined dramatically under Obama.

Quote:
the Stock Market is crazy high
It's not that high.

Quote:
gas is cheap
It would be cheaper if Obama allowed more exploration on federal lands.

It is technology developed by the private sector, not Obama, that has made gas cheaper

Quote:
gay couples can marry
No thanks to Obama, who opposed gay marriage in 2008 and 2012

Quote:
many who had no health insurance now have it
Only as a result of other people having to pay more and get less

Quote:
His main failure was ever trying to negotiate with Republicans.
He never did try to negotiate with Republicans.

Quote:
I agree. Obama wasted his entire first term trying to act in good faith with Republicans that had no intention of doing anything but undermine his actions.
Nonsense.

Obama's stooge, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, simply shelved all bills sent over by the Republican House and wouldn't allow any votes on them in the Senate.

He completely halted regular order and legislative reconciliation in conference committee between House and Senate.

It was Obama, Reid and the Democrats who stopped things from getting done.

And Reid had already been playing that little game during the last two years of the Bush administration.

Of course, liberals here know little to nothing about how government works.

Instead, they take their spin from the likes of Rachel Maddow, Moveon.org and the Daily Kos.

It's fun watching them be so ignorant.

Quote:
I don't know about "here" but certainly people who have the plans: 74 percent of Republicans are happy with their new ObamaCare plans
Obviously a fake partisan poll.

Most people dislike Obamacare.

And Republicans especially dislike it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
He has not stomped around issuing other nations ultimatums
I guess you never heard about his red line ultimatum to Syria.

Or his unilateral decision to go to war in Libya, with the result that Libya is now a failed state run by terrorists.

Or his drone attacks on civilians in numerous countries.

Quote:
No amount of right wing bigotry, racism and none of their right winger detest about his skin color will deter the works that President Obama has sworn to uphold, progress and protect.
I love it when liberals pontificate about right wing bigotry and racism.

Never mind that they support racial preferences that discriminate against whites and gender preferences that discriminate against males.

Racism and bigotry are the very essence of liberal policies.

And they cynically want to keep most non-whites poor and dependent so that they will get more votes.

They also want to import non-whites into this country to get even MORE votes.

Obama is no different than other liberals when it comes to this.

Quote:
America has some nasty stuff in its history, bigotry, racism and the ignorance of delusions of superiority and the whole mass of things that resulted to show human ignorance in the ways it abused, disregarded and tried to minimize people, marginalize their achievements, and then go so far as to denigrate the nature of a long history of ethnicities. America never would have become what it is, nor could it have made it through the things it has gone through in establishing itself if it were not for the labors and contributions of blacks in this nation. both the contribution under duress, forced labor and torments of every imaginable sort, and still blacks has persevered and simply pursued the simplicity of humane acknowledgment as individual and person, and respect to be regarded and protected under the Constitution the many lives and deaths of black people pushed forth to give in support of this nation. More than any other ethnicity on this nation, along with that of the American Native American Indians.
Anglo based and driven greed is the greatest threat to America and the system of Greed pursuits and Avarice driven madness of material gluttony has been and continues to be the damaging force in and upon these American lands, both upon and against its people
. Look at History with open eyes and aware minds, it demonstrates exactly such: Slavery, Slaughter of Native Americans, Indenture, Segregation and all such things are direct elements derived from Anglo Greed, Self Contentedness, inhumane abuses and every evil and vile act against and upon mankind imaginable, has been engaged to feed a lust for greed, and a driving aim for Avarice filled gluttonous agenda. Under such material madness derived the delusion that such greed and avarice was proclaimed as some basis for claiming a mad and vain claim of wanting to promote some fiction of superiority. Devoid of all things of Christian Premise, until it sought to twist the words of God premise trying to justify such madness. That is something of which many should seek atonement, and right living principles to give up the ways of such vile, vanity, gluttony, avarice, haughtiness, covertness, lusting, wrath filled motivations, false, malicious and materialistic based pride, sloth of trying to gain by the use and abuse of others to cover up their laziness of self as well as of spiritual manner.
All of the above is racist and ignorant tripe.

All races have practiced slavery, war, oppression, etc., going all the way back through history.

Quote:
President Obama campaigned on "CHANGE", It was targeted to promote a level playing field for "All", a return to investing in American for the benefit of "Nation and All", Change, in how we deal with the world community, and to do so via Diplomacy. Change to rebuild American where it works for all people. It's unfortunate he had to modify his works to deal with the messes left from the Previous administration of a devastated economy, jobless people, people being made homeless, companies closing and companies being outsourced, money hid off shore, greed in banks and wall street and a congress that has gone off its rockers. and the craziness of multiple wars, and a war machine system that was destabilizing the entire middle east and affecting nations around the world. None of these things does a Republican Madness take into account.
Well, let's see....

Democrats supported those wars, and continued them once they got into power.

Democrats were the ones pushing for home loans to poor people who couldn't pay them back. If banks didn't make those loans, they were to be penalized for being "racist."

Democrats supported off-shoring of jobs. Clinton in particular was big on that.

Obama himself has always been a stooge of hedge fund traders and crony capitalists.

But keep drinking the Kool Aid if it makes you feel better.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:13 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Yikes. I don't even know where to begin. America is really in for a rough ride if they treat the first female president in our country's history even half a badly as they have treated the first black president in the country's history. It IS interesting to recall just how well America has endured double digit unemployment numbers, a DOW below 7,000 or scores of young men coming home in body bags. All these things and more, were accepted with no more than the usual grumbling, as long as the POTUS was Republican.

America always does better functionally, when a Democrat is in office, but you wouldn't think so from all the partisan shoving. Make that Democrat a black man and the country melts down into record levels of civil discontent. Amazing. For those who don't know. And just in case it hasn't been said. Obama's observed, i.e. functional IQ by objective behavioral scientists is 172. This is a full 47 points higher than the commonly stated biographical data which lists his IQ at 125, which itself is 25 points higher than the national average of 100 (some sources say 94).

Obama was elected POTUS because George Bush so hammered the American economy that a Democrat was needed to set things right. Just as Clinton had to restore decent quality of life metrics after George Herbert's depredations. There were maybe four or five Republicans that even wanted the job after Bush. Now there are almost 16 Republicans that want to "take things from here", again. Whether they will succeed in stealing POTUS from Hillary (or Sanders) I can't say. Either way, things wont be all that great. Either we will have a white male Republican and record unemployment and diminished quality of life for all Americans under six figures in income or we will have a Democrat and better quality of life metrics but an overall tone of things marred by partisan bickering, civil unrest, social instability and overall emotional meltdown. Some choice.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:34 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Racism and bigotry are the very essence of liberal policies.

And they cynically want to keep most non-whites poor and dependent so that they will get more votes.

They also want to import non-whites into this country to get even MORE votes.

Obama is no different than other liberals when it comes to this.

All of the above is racist and ignorant tripe.

All races have practiced slavery, war, oppression, etc., going all the way back through history.

Well, let's see....

Democrats supported those wars, and continued them once they got into power.

Democrats were the ones pushing for home loans to poor people who couldn't pay them back. If banks didn't make those loans, they were to be penalized for being "racist."

Democrats supported off-shoring of jobs. Clinton in particular was big on that.

Obama himself has always been a stooge of hedge fund traders and crony capitalists.

But keep drinking the Kool Aid if it makes you feel better.
All true. But true of both kinds of administration. Which only supports my position all the more. Life for most Americans is determined solely by the socio-economic position in society they have been born into, not who is POTUS. My life has never materially changed much because of who (or what) is POTUS. But you wouldn't know that from listening to MSM, or your friends and co-workers arguing about it. Your post fails because you ascribe all these poor motives to the Liberals that you hate, and you give Conservatives a pass, or worse, ascribe positive motives to the side you are aligned with. The DOW is presently over 17,000. Under Bush it went below 7,000 (from 14!). But I would argue that gun violence, hospital acquired infections, medical costs in general... I would argue that these things affect way more Americans than are affected by the DOW index and these things do not change materially with the constant and unending flip flop from Republican to Democrat and back again that the population has endured since ever. There is no Kool-Aid fountain. We (you included) are all in the Matrix together. The Kool-Aid is being pumped through our immobilized bodies. We aren't drinking it. We are swimming in it.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:57 PM

29,505 posts, read 19,602,720 times
Obama on Executive Orders 2008

Quote:
“I take the Constitution very seriously, the biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m president of the United States of America.”
Executive Orders issued

Obama 229
Bush 292
Clinton 308
https://www.federalregister.gov/executive-orders

One might say that he has indeed used less Executive Authority over Congress, but when you examine the type of EO, you find this:

Quote:
“Although the current administration has issued fewer executive orders than other modern administrations, the figures show that its total usage of restrictions in executive orders and proclamations exceeds that of any of the past six administrations, with the exception of Clinton’s first term.” the statement continues.
Measuring the Content, Not Just the Number, of Executive Orders and Proclamations | Mercatus

Old 01-06-2016, 12:58 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Well-founded opinion based on indisputable facts.
Let's explore some of those "indisputable facts:"

The author asserted that, "[y]ears from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, the result of a baffling breed of mass hysteria." Where are the facts to back this up?

He also asserted that, Mr. Obama got into the Ivy League, "despite unremarkable grades and test scores." Mr. Obama's grades haven't been made public and therefore the author is merely making this up and not presenting "indisputable facts."

Patterson also asserted, [i]"t is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking: how on Earth was such a man elected president?" No historian is saying that and, IN FACT, it's very hard to imagine future historians saying that.

Contrarily, your "indisputable facts" are quite disputable. As others have stated, some people don't know the difference between facts and baseless opinions.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:03 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Let's explore some of those "indisputable facts:"

The author asserted that, "[y]ears from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, the result of a baffling breed of mass hysteria." Where are the facts to back this up?

He also asserted that, Mr. Obama got into the Ivy League, "despite unremarkable grades and test scores." Mr. Obama's grades haven't been made public and therefore the author is merely making this up and not presenting "indisputable facts."

Patterson also asserted, [i]"t is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking: how on Earth was such a man elected president?" No historian is saying that and, IN FACT, it's very hard to imagine future historians saying that.

Contrarily, your "indisputable facts" are quite disputable. As others have stated, some people don't know the difference between facts and baseless opinions.
I agree with you that Obama should reveal his college records and applications regarding the colleges and applications for grants and scholarships.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:12 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I agree with you that Obama should reveal his college records and applications regarding the colleges and applications for grants and scholarships.
For what?

Old 01-06-2016, 05:35 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
You must have misread my post. I was not suggesting that Mr. Obama, or anyone else, release their college records. In fact, it has never been an issue for any previous president.

When I read calls for Obama being asked to do so, it makes me think that the underlying reason is a presumption that the black guy got their via quotas and didn't get adequate grades.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:55 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
You must have misread my post. I was not suggesting that Mr. Obama, or anyone else, release their college records. In fact, it has never been an issue for any previous president.

When I read calls for Obama being asked to do so, it makes me think that the underlying reason is a presumption that the black guy got their via quotas and didn't get adequate grades.
I think those who ask for Pres. Obama's "grades" as proof of his intelligence do so because they themselves do not possess sufficient intelligence to recognize it in others. They ask for proof because they are simply too stupid to comprehend smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies