Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 06:22 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The precedent of attempting to use EO to circumvent congress.
Sorry, that train has left the station. Presidents George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton already implemented gun-control measures by executive orders pursuant to their authority, including banning the importation of certain assault weapons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 06:24 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
But some of you cant be trusted anymore with all of yours, because you want to carry a loaded gun on the seat of your car,just incase someone makes you angry..
First of all, who are YOU to judge who can and cannot be trusted? And secondly, what makes you think the reason people carry guns in their cars is "just in case someone makes us angry?"

To be honest, you sound highly emotional and completely irrational.

Only thugs do drive by shootings (sadly, many in Chicago ), and thugs don't obey any gun laws and wouldn't obey Obama's expanded "guidance" on gun laws anyway.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:27 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Its funny that the EO's do not affect my gun ownership in any way. They do not stop me from purchasing another Rifle if I feel so inclined. They do not take away the Rifle I own now.

The GOP and NRA are looking at any issue to make people think they have lost "rights". Can not believe the number of people who have fallen into their propaganda.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:30 AM

29,500 posts, read 19,602,720 times
Quote:
But some of you cant be trusted anymore with all of yours, because you want to carry a loaded gun on the seat of your car,just incase someone makes you angry..

That's like saying, I don't trust some young African American males because they illegally carry guns on them

I have the right to defend myself if you don't like conceal carry, go write a letter to someone.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:34 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,271,528 times
Say It AGAIN!!!

Millions of STUPID People spending money that many don't really have on fears and concerns that don't REALLY exist.. If they do exist MOVE OUT OF THE GHETTO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Its funny that the EO's do not affect my gun ownership in any way. They do not stop me from purchasing another Rifle if I feel so inclined. They do not take away the Rifle I own now.

The GOP and NRA are looking at any issue to make people think they have lost "rights". Can not believe the number of people who have fallen into their propaganda.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:38 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,271,528 times
George are you saying your illegally carrying a concealed weapon in the city of Chicago? Your spending time in fear of what is, in all likelihood not reality? hummmm Might you want to contact Forrest Hospital ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
That's like saying, I don't trust some young African American males because they illegally carry guns on them

I have the right to defend myself if you don't like conceal carry, go write a letter to someone.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:40 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

I can't believe the number of people who jump on the paranoia band wagon.

The NRA is like a snake oil salesmen, praying on the weak minded and living the good life on their contributions.

I can think of a Republican presidential candidate doing the same.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:42 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
^^

Yes, he's an expert in Constitutional Law and Obama still supported denying someone their Constitutional rights without due process. So yeah both the 2nd and 5th Amendments
I seem to have missed that section of the Constitution where a gun dealer has the right not to perform a background check required by law.

If you are arguing that the 2nd amendment makes laws that require background checks unconstitutional, that is a high legal hurdle to overcome. We have a First Amendment, but laws against liable and slander do not violate the "Congress shall make no law" provision of the First Amendment.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:53 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Obama's 25+ gun-related EOs have done nothing to reduce gun violence...
Nor have they infringed on our rights to buy/own guns in any way.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:56 AM

29,500 posts, read 19,602,720 times
Quote:
George are you saying your illegally carrying a concealed weapon in the city of Chicago? Your spending time in fear of what is, in all likelihood not reality? hummmm Might you want to contact Forrest Hospital ?
Not illegally. I have a conceal carry permit. But nice deflection. Can you answer a question for me? Do you believe that we are innocent until proven guilty in this country?

If the city of Chicago could not provide safety for it's citizens then, citizens have to ensure their own safety.

Case in point City of Chicago vs McDonald SCOTUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I seem to have missed that section of the Constitution where a gun dealer has the right not to perform a background check required by law.

If you are arguing that the 2nd amendment makes laws that require background checks unconstitutional, that is a high legal hurdle to overcome. We have a First Amendment, but laws against liable and slander do not violate the "Congress shall make no law" provision of the First Amendment.
No, I never said that. I have nothing against background checks. Though I believe that the Framers intended an regulations of arms to be carried out by the States and NOT the Federal government since the intent of the Second Amendment was to limit the power of the Federal government as clearly illustrated here.

I said that laws that strip citizens of their Constitutional rights without due process are unconstitutional, which is what the DHS terrorist watch list would have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies