Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 10:45 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,831,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
1. What exactly did he issue?

2. If it is not law, how does it violate the constitution?
Executive orders are as enforceable as a law is, but without all that Constitutionally necessary process where laws are introduced and passed in Congress and the President just signs or vetoes them.

If Obama writes an EO ( or an Executive Memorandum, which is his little scam to keep his EO numbers fraudulently deflated) requiring a background check for private sales, and you are found guilty of failing to follow the EO/EM rules, you will be subject to all the penalties and punishments that any actual law (you know, the Constitutional kind) provides.

Don't kid yourself. Obama has continually acted outside the Constitution by issuing Executive Memoranda on areas that exceed his authority.

The feckless Congress refuses to hold Obama accountable, so we are nothing more than a Banana Republic at this point in our history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 10:49 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,566,787 times
Obama is a criminal now.
Arrest him immediately.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
We all know the NRA wants everyone to have 11 guns, one for each finger & one for, what, needed manhood extensions I guess?

Speak for yourself. As a woman, my weapon is an extension of my ability to protect myself. Sorry that my 2nd Amendment right makes you think about men's junk, but that is on you, sweetie. And since you think the 2nd Amendment is just about a man's package, I reiterate - SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!!!

Old 01-05-2016, 10:50 AM

88,804 posts, read 44,610,756 times
Quote:
Please post the EO text, so we can look at it.
The White House hasn't posted the transcript yet.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:51 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,489,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Don't kid yourself. Obama has continually acted outside the Constitution by issuing Executive Memoranda on areas that exceed his authority.

The feckless Congress refuses to hold Obama accountable, so we are nothing more than a Banana Republic at this point in our history.
I am not the one kidding myself. Everyone is screaming like their hair was on fire, but there actually methods of making sure the Constitution is not being violated. Obama's own team reviews it, to make sure they are not wasting their time on EOs which are batted down as unconstitutional, and Congress reviews them, and the Supreme Court reviews them. It is easy to insist the Constitution is being violated, and both parties always say it about their opponents, but it does not make it true.

Lets see the EO text so we'll know what we are talking about.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:53 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,489,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The White House hasn't posted the transcript yet.
And yet somehow you know it is unconstitutional

Old 01-05-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Repubs will block it.

Your naivete is adorable.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:56 AM

19,709 posts, read 10,057,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
This is what it WILL do, though. Slow the process of background checks. And slow the granting of FFL licenses, which takes about a year to get through the approval process now anyway, if you wish to sell (two or more?) your guns.

The net effect? Major slowdown in the purchase of guns. So if you don't have any yet, Obama just DRAMATICALLY infringed on your 2nd Amendment Right to keep and bear arms.

Very dishonest and underhanded, and it won't do a damn thing to reduce Black on Black gun crime in Chicago, let alone anywhere else.
There is a 3 day limit on background check time according to law. After that you can buy one anyway. I went through it a few weeks back and they never heard back, so I was allowed to buy one anyway.

58,761 posts, read 27,092,933 times
Quote:
I am not the one kidding myself. Everyone is screaming like their hair was on fire, but there actually methods of making sure the Constitution is not being violated. Obama's own team reviews it, to make sure they are not wasting their time on EOs which are batted down as unconstitutional, and Congress reviews them, and the Supreme Court reviews them. It is easy to insist the Constitution is being violated, and both parties always say it about their opponents, but it does not make it true.

Lets see the EO text so we'll know what we are talking about.
"Obama's own team reviews it," which means, "Whatever you want Mr. President, we will support you.

We KNOW what happens to top military people who go against what he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
what part of the constitution?? owning-- buying? 2 different scenarios I am against gun shows period- and think we all should have a safety course/ or training prior- to obtaining a weapon

Spoken like a truly uneducated gun-aphobe.

I've bought a couple of guns at gun shows and had to deal with a background check both times. Gun shows are fun and great place to find great deals on ammo and other gun related items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies