Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 07:18 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You said you don't want people carrying guns into your establishment, and I respect that. It's your business. Having said that, why is it OK for the cops, but not someone with a valid CCW? The vast majority of those with conceal carry permits, are well trained on the use of firearms. Take my friend for instance, he has a CCW is ex-military, and quite frankly is a better shot than a lot cops! Outside of military service, he has never killed anyone, and is no danger to the public. So, if you're saying that you're not allowing anyone in your establishment with a gun, then at least be consistent and make sure that covers anyone... including the cops!
How does a business owner know that someone carrying has a CC Permit, if it's a police officer you know he has the right.

Permit holders cover the entire spectrum, there is no standard so other than an anecdotal story I am going to assume a LE has the training
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 07:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How does a business owner know that someone carrying has a CC Permit, if it's a police officer you know he has the right.

Permit holders cover the entire spectrum, there is no standard so other than an anecdotal story I am going to assume a LE has the training

Why do you assume permit holders aren't trained? My friend has one. I assure you he is well trained, as I've witnessed it, because I've shot with him. I'm considering getting one myself, and will continue to train myself on any and every firearm that I get my hand on. Though I find it absolutely silly that I need to ask the government for permission to be able to conceal a gun on my person. I'm not a malicious person. The funny thing is, there are folks who are malicious and wish to do harm to others, and they use the element of suprise to do that, WITHOUT a permit! So, why in the HELL should I, who isn't causing a problem in society, need one? I think it is absolutely ridiculous that those of us who are law abiding, have no ill-intent have to jump through silly hoops to exercise one of our most basic rights to defend ourselves that is guaranteed in the Constitution! It's really simple... you f*** up and murder someone, or commit a crime with a gun, you forfeit your freedom! That is how you handle it! Not all of this pre-emptive BS that does nothing to solve the issues with violent crimes, and only hinders law abiding citizens.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

Police Officers have more rights than the common people? Good to know. I had no clue.
All the more reason, to protect yourself from all bullies.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:17 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I forgot to add that my main hunting rifle is an AR with bravo comp upper and AA barrel 18 inch in 6.5 Grendel. So yes, it appears our hunting rifles are what the traitors are after.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Why do you assume permit holders aren't trained? My friend has one. I assure you he is well trained, as I've witnessed it, because I've shot with him. I'm considering getting one myself, and will continue to train myself on any and every firearm that I get my hand on. Though I find it absolutely silly that I need to ask the government for permission to be able to conceal a gun on my person. I'm not a malicious person. The funny thing is, there are folks who are malicious and wish to do harm to others, and they use the element of suprise to do that, WITHOUT a permit! So, why in the HELL should I, who isn't causing a problem in society, need one? I think it is absolutely ridiculous that those of us who are law abiding, have no ill-intent have to jump through silly hoops to exercise one of our most basic rights to defend ourselves that is guaranteed in the Constitution! It's really simple... you f*** up and murder someone, or commit a crime with a gun, you forfeit your freedom! That is how you handle it! Not all of this pre-emptive BS that does nothing to solve the issues with violent crimes, and only hinders law abiding citizens.
Why do you assume all permit holders are trained as well as police officers, is there a requirement. If I owned a business I wouldn't want guns on the premises and have to make a decision as to the intentions of the carriers, why do they need to bring a gun into a store anyway.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:23 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
A better way to tackle America's gun problem

New tack for the gun grabbers, outlaw all semi-automatic firearms, not just the ugly black ones or so called "assault weapons".

That would impact ones like this:
http://www.browning.com/content/dam/...b.835.835.jpeg

and this
http://www.browning.com/content/dam/...b.835.835.jpeg

both sporting/hunting guns. For those who don't know what they are, the top one is a shotgun and the bottom example is a rifle.
I can't see the criminals obeying this new proposed law, any more than they obey any other law.

Visit that range as often as you like. Shoot the weapon to your heart’s content. But you won’t be allowed to leave with it, walk the streets with it, bring it into your home, or sell it directly to any other private citizen.

Would such a regulation, if imposed and enforced nationally, save lives? You bet it would.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Police Officers have more rights than the common people? Good to know. I had no clue.
All the more reason, to protect yourself from all bullies.
Yes they do, get over it.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Yes they do, get over it.
More reason for the people to arm themselves and carry daily. You never know when a bully see's you as prey.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
22backagain - I support you right to exclude people carrying firearms from your dwellings. I object to you imposing your requirements in a business open to the public. When you chose to serve the general public you have to accept that some of that public will be carrying guns. If you are not willing to accept everyone in your business you should not be allowed to have a business license.

Your freedom to avoid guns does not and should not interfere with my right to carry a gun anywhere I have a right to be.

They cannot deny me business based upon my skin color, my gender, or my sexual preference. But they can discriminate against those that exercise their rights.
Skin color, gender and sexual preference is not even in the Bill of Rights.... But my side arm, my mouth and my privacy is.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
OICU 812 - thank you for your very well illustrated wishful thinking.

FWIW - I am not about to put my life, and the lives of my family and friends, at risk just because you believe, without any evidence, that -"Would such a regulation, if imposed and enforced nationally, save lives? You bet it would." It would not. It would only save criminal lives by preventing criminals from facing armed civilians willing and able to defend themselves. It might cost me mine and that is unacceptable. I intend to die of old age and sheer meanness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies