Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 11:07 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Not that I'm interested in aiding Obama, but they really need to keep Valerie Jarrett off the airwaves. I don't think they want her being this direct.

Presidents aren’t supposed to just “act” anytime Congress doesn’t agree with their desires
“Let’s be specific – the president is not circumventing Congress,” she told host Chris Cuomo on CNN’s “New Day.”

“They have made it very clear they are not going to act [and] the president is doing what is well within his executive authority to do,” Jarrett continued. […]

“Obviously, the president made a very strong effort to work with Congress,” Jarrett continued. “We just had a hard time getting Republicans to take what most people think are reasonable steps.

“The president has determined he is going to do whatever he can to keep guns out of the wrong hands,” the senior White House adviser added.
I think I remember the President stating that elections have consequences... that includes elections regarding the Legislative branch of the government. You took advantage of that regarding ObamaCare... now you don't like Congress anymore, which in a sense says you don't care want we want (which I knew already, but whatever).

We put the Legislature there. If we wanted gun control reps, they would be in office.

This is an good opinion...

But more consequentially — and this may be the most destructive legacy of the Obama presidency — is the mainstreaming of the idea that if Congress “fails to act” it’s okay for the president to figure out a way to make law himself. Hillary’s already applauded Obama’s actions because, as she put it, “Congress won’t act; we have to do something.” […]

To believe this, you’d have to accept two things: 1) That Congress has a responsibility to pass laws on the issues that the president desires or else they would be abdicating their responsibility, and 2) That Congress has not already acted.
Gotta think big picture here with regards to how we run the country and who is seated in the White House.

I know that as much as I loathe ObamaCare - if I ever became president, I would put it squarely on the people to get rid of it. If the people don't like ObamaCare, put the legislators in office to get rid of it the right way, and you would have my full support. But I would not just simply blow it away because I didn't like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 11:32 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Incremental destruction of the Constitution. It's the progressive way.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:35 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
I almost hope a republican gets elected president and starts signing a bunch of executive orders and makes declarations that certain federal laws would no longer be enforced just to hear the hypocrisy from the lap dog democrats that won't call out these overreaches for what they are.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:03 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
It's pretty obvious who is running this Whitehouse and this administration. And she wants to get her way.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Ever since Obama took office, the people have changed the congress, radically(historically fast) Then a second term, god only knows how(Mitt was a fraud too with conservative slapped on his forehead and conservatives have a conscious and stayed home) and congress goes the opposite direction even more and more.
Makes everyone that has a lick of common sense, really sit down and think hard when he then goes against the will of the people, yet again.

Sit back and see the minority, go right around the majority 9 times out of 10. Then the majority gets stuck with it and are told to go pound sand.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:20 PM

31,001 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
It's pretty obvious who is running this Whitehouse and this administration. And she wants to get her way.
We basically have 70s radicals running the show now.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:36 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Between 2001 - 2013, 400,000+ American died from firearms on US soil. A little less than 50% died due to homicides. During the same time, less than 4000 died due to terrorism. It is obvious that your fellow Americans are very dangerous people. Obama has it right, there needs to be gun control. No one is taking your gun. What he is trying to do is to prevent people with mental illness and unlawful issues from owning a gun and then slaughtering Americans. Isn't it ironic that a certain segment of us are sh*t scared of terrorists, yet those that they should be really concern about are fellow Americans.

Executive Action is constitutional.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:46 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Well, needless to say Valerie Jarrett will be totally cool with it when President Cruz issues an executive order requiring medical degrees for all abortion workers, including front desk receptionists. Because Congress won't act.
To protect the lives and health of women.

On CNN Tuesday, Senior White House adviser Valerie Jarrett said that President Obama’s new gun control proposal isn’t technically bypassing Congress because it’s not like Congress was going to pass the gun control law the Obama Administration wants anyway. President Cruz wouldn't be "technically bypassing Congress" either if Congress wasn't "willing to pass the abortion law that the Cruz Administration wants either".

What garbage these Leftists spout and their Bobble-Headed Media just go along with it. It absolutely will NOT be that way when a Republican is President ..... AND I don't want it to be that way. This "I'm King" type of circumventing Congress has to STOP . It won't stop with Obama and Clinton has already promised that she will Double Down on the EO type of ignoring Congress and the Citizens.

We have to put a STOP to this. We have to get the Rule of Law back in our Government & get the Corruption out of it. We can't do that by allowing another "King" or "Queen" to take over this Nation.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:49 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I almost hope a republican gets elected president and starts signing a bunch of executive orders and makes declarations that certain federal laws would no longer be enforced just to hear the hypocrisy from the lap dog democrats that won't call out these overreaches for what they are.
As long as they're not writing new law or refusing to enforce laws we have, then I'm okay with EO's.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:13 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Between 2001 - 2013, 400,000+ American died from firearms on US soil. A little less than 50% died due to homicides. During the same time, less than 4000 died due to terrorism. It is obvious that your fellow Americans are very dangerous people. Obama has it right, there needs to be gun control. No one is taking your gun. What he is trying to do is to prevent people with mental illness and unlawful issues from owning a gun and then slaughtering Americans. Isn't it ironic that a certain segment of us are sh*t scared of terrorists, yet those that they should be really concern about are fellow Americans.

Executive Action is constitutional.
I don't know where you got your numbers from, but they seem to be over-inflated, and a lot of those homicides were a result of bad guys getting involved with various unlawful activities, including drug-dealing, gangs and such.

The bottom line is, gun control advocates have managed to pass many laws that have not done what they expected them to do, so they keep coming up with more useless laws that gradually make it tougher for us law-abiding gun owners to do what the founding fathers intended when they wrote the Second Amendment, and at this rate, it won't be too long before the only individuals that will have firearms will be criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies