Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 08:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You have no friends or relatives that could let you use their car and teach you in an empty parking lot?
Seriously, you you let someone not directly related to you learn to drive on your car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 08:37 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Tamara, this is not about you!
In fairness, the other poster was keeping it up. It's happened to me with that person, too. He did the same thing with basketball. It's easy to get caught up in that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Bicyclists and pedestrians don't NEED to grocery shop - they all eat at restaurants.

If they need a cup of coffee, they bike to a Starbucks.

But, most probably just order pizza in.
Y'know, Hyper, there's a grain of truth in that!

Old 01-08-2016, 08:40 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
To further dissipate stereotypes, I am a millennial and first learned to drive on a manual transmission. I'd bet many from earlier generations do not even know how to operate a manual.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:48 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
You have no friends or relatives that could let you use their car and teach you in an empty parking lot?
An empty parking lot with fresh fallen snow.

Light poles every hundred feet or so.

Learn to feel, and go with the slide.

Cat ass, J-turn and fishtail - learn to drive!

Old 01-08-2016, 08:49 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
In fairness, the other poster was keeping it up. It's happened to me with that person, too. He did the same thing with basketball. It's easy to get caught up in that stuff.
Thank you.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Gen X. My first car was a manual, too, as was my second.
How can people learn to do so many things at once?

Old time Republicans only used third gear and overdrive. They believed that 1st and 2nd gear were conspiracies to make oil companies rich.

They lugged their Buicks to death!

Old 01-08-2016, 09:01 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
From page 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is not surprising... what have been told with regards to parenting back in the 90s? Self-esteem is important, don't keep scores in games so that no one's feelings are hurt, grading on curves in school instead of dealing with reality, ... they probably have faced very little adversity in their lives - so they just avoid it. Those kids are getting into adulthood now.

If I am scared to drive... why should I? You need to adjust to my needs. That's what my parents have done... that's what the schools have done...
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well it sounds like this focuses more on the NYC metro, so it makes more sense. As for not keeping track of the score at games, that makes sense during the period of time when children are in their learning stages of how to play a sport. Keeping score isn't as important as learning the rules and how to play.

Seeing you are in Texas, I am betting you too would be a bit scared driving in the NYC metro.

Keeping score is an indicator of how one is doing, and let's us know that we need to pick it up. It also is a teacher in handling adverse situations as well as handling oneself when successful.

Actually I have family in SE Wash DC, Philly area & north Jersey. I would be OK.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:

Hey!

If this is a poem, I want credit for it!

Old 01-08-2016, 09:29 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:

What is this "snow" thing you speak of.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:35 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
What is this "snow" thing you speak of.
S chool
N eutralizing
O perative
W arfare

It's a device/tactic that has been developed by elementary school children, particularly above the Mason-Dixon Line, to achieve a delay in the battle in their perceived favor. It has been in use for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies