Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 05:52 PM

152 posts, read 185,584 times

Advertisements

they should put a ban after 2 kids , some leechers have 5-6 on goverment support, rewarding the behavior!
have many as u want at least you can afford them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 05:59 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,834,529 times
Because most people are lazy and dumb, so they tend to vote for a specific party that likes to cater to these useless leeches, offering free housing/food/phones/health care/you name it at the tax payers expense.

As a person who makes well into the six figures, I'm appalled that society is generally setup to reward the dumbest people with money earned by the smartest. I own a number of rental properties and my income just from my job is beyond the 150K limit where I can get deductions for losses. So basically I get no tax credits for anything, student loans, grad school, rentals, etc. While The idiots breed in large numbers but don't work, get everything paid for them by people like me. And please, don't claim you all pay the same. I pay more in taxes than most HOUSEHOLDS in the US GROSS in a year.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this by one of the very losers I'm describing. Go ahead and self identify. Sadly these imbeciles will keep growing in number as it has been proven stupid people have large numbers of kids while people with higher IQ's don't have the desire to breed. What for? So their kids can go to college and work hard to support a bunch of losers?

Old 01-07-2016, 06:04 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Because most people are lazy and dumb, so they tend to vote for a specific party that likes to cater to these useless leeches, offering free housing/food/phones/health care/you name it at the tax payers expense.

As a person who makes well into the six figures, I'm appalled that society is generally setup to reward the dumbest people with money earned by the smartest. I own a number of rental properties and my income just from my job is beyond the 150K limit where I can get deductions for losses. So basically I get no tax credits for anything, student loans, grad school, rentals, etc. While The idiots breed in large numbers but don't work, get everything paid for them by people like me. And please, don't claim you all pay the same. I pay more in taxes than most HOUSEHOLDS in the US GROSS in a year.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this by one of the very losers I'm describing. Go ahead and self identify. Sadly these imbeciles will keep growing in number as it has been proven stupid people have large numbers of kids while people with higher IQ's don't have the desire to breed. What for? So their kids can go to college and work hard to support a bunch of losers?
No you're completely right on.

Our society rewards making less money. Ultimately the result is a dependent people and an eroded middle class.

This thread will probably be moved to another forum I presume.

Last edited by Mikelee81; 01-07-2016 at 06:25 PM..

Old 01-07-2016, 06:23 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,087,917 times
Some genuinely need the help...

But yes... there are many that are lazy but have enough scruples to take advantage of the system. They screw it up for everyone else. Keep in mind, it isn't all "the lazy" but the system itself kinda shoehorns people into a position of dependency on the system. (I don't recall the details) There was a story of a woman who came down with cancer and was depending on medicaid for treatment. She couldn't work and was further depending on the system. So she setup a gofundme site but couldn't touch the money; it was enough to loose medicaid but not enough to compensate for treatments.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:41 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
If only there were some other country that has restricted the number of offspring a family is allowed, then we could examine how well it has worked out for them...oh, wait...

Old 01-07-2016, 06:54 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
I think, its the price we pay for living in America. I don't like the fact that some people take advantage of the system, but I don't mind paying the extra taxes that comes with living in Great United States of China.

Do you all think our government will pass the buck back to you if they were to take all the undeserving people off public assistance? Lmao! They'll just find other stupid ways to spend your tax dollars.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:01 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Something should be done about failing schools also.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:12 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,130,345 times
Why should government help already wealthy companies who hardly pay any taxes? I'm a business owner and pay every tax the state and Feds can imagine. At the same time GE pays almost zero taxes. I'd much rather my taxes feed a child with irresponsible parents than fund abatements for multibillion dollar companies.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:16 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post

My family is in the top 3% of tax payers in this country. I honestly have zero problem with welfare programs. I have a problem with the hundreds of billions we lose out on taxes from the uber wealthy due to loopholes which cause the likes of Mitt Romney to pay a lower effective tax rate than probably both of us or tax evasion.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:20 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3ssconyc View Post
they should put a ban after 2 kids , some leechers have 5-6 on goverment support, rewarding the behavior!
have many as u want at least you can afford them
Govt. shouldn't dictate family size, but it should stop subsidizing them. All welfare schemes are immoral and unconstitutional and should be ended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Why should government help already wealthy companies who hardly pay any taxes? I'm a business owner and pay every tax the state and Feds can imagine. At the same time GE pays almost zero taxes. I'd much rather my taxes feed a child with irresponsible parents than fund abatements for multibillion dollar companies.
I'd rather people keep their own earnings and decide for themselves where they should be spent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies