Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 09:55 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
There are some dangerous minds out there!!!! never in American history has there been this level of vile 'except" since a black man became President of the United States.
Yes there has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 10:13 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
There isn't enough paper or enough words to mention all of that dirty crimes against America. If you don't know of them, and are too blind to see them on a daily basis, you have either been asleep for the last seven years, or have such a small intellect you can't comprehend what is right in front of your eyes..
Perhaps you too, like many (most?) democrats of today, have been slowly brain washed over he course of your lifetime... You are supporting the destruction of America... Speed up the process and move to Cuba...
Your children will pay the price.
So, no evidence I see. We're just supposed to take your word for it? All you're doing is stating an opinion. You certainly have a right to it but it's just that; an opinion. Apparently you simply can't fathom how someone else can have a differing view than yours. I've given you the opportunity to engage in a logical debate but you hurl insults instead. Why?

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-14-2016 at 04:46 PM..

Old 01-14-2016, 10:21 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
There isn't enough paper or enough words to mention all of that dirty crimes against America. If you don't know of them, and are too blind to see them on a daily basis, you have either been asleep for the last seven years, or have such a small intellect you can't comprehend what is right in front of your eyes..
Perhaps you too, like many (most?) democrats of today, have been slowly brain washed over he course of your lifetime... You are supporting the destruction of America... Speed up the process and move to Cuba...
For all that air, you cannot provide a single example. Pathetic and quite sad, but not surprising

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-14-2016 at 04:47 PM..

Old 01-14-2016, 10:22 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
For all that air, you cannot provide a single example. Pathetic and quite sad, but not surprising
Basically, what I've been hearing for the past 8 years. The elders in my family hate him - but they just can't say why.

Hmmmm.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:34 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
I believe that poster asked if you could provide an example. Is there a reason why you didn't? Or is it because you couldn't?

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-14-2016 at 04:47 PM..

Old 01-14-2016, 10:56 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times
Quote:
There are some dangerous minds out there!!!! never in American history has there been this level of vile 'except" since a black man became President of the United States.
Given the intense rivalry and conflict involved, it is not surprising that the 1800 election reached a level of personal animosity seldom equaled in American politics. The Federalists attacked the fifty-seven-year-old Jefferson as a godless Jacobin who would unleash the forces of bloody terror upon the land. With Jefferson as President, so warned one newspaper, "Murder, robbery, rape, adultery, and incest will be openly taught and practiced, the air will be rent with the cries of the distressed, the soil will be soaked with blood, and the nation black with crimes." Others attacked Jefferson's deist beliefs as the views of an infidel who "writes aghast the truths of God's words; who makes not even a profession of Christianity; who is without Sabbaths; without the sanctuary, and without so much as a decent external respect for the faith and worship of Christians."

The luckless Adams was ridiculed from two directions: by the Hamiltonians within his own party and by the Jeffersonian-Republicans from the outside. For example, a private letter in which Hamilton depicted Adams as having "great and intrinsic defects in his character" was obtained by Aaron Burr and leaked to the national press. It fueled the Republican attack on Adams as a hypocritical fool and tyrant. His opponents also spread the story that Adams had planned to create an American dynasty by the marriage of one of his sons to a daughter of King George III. According to this unsubstantiated story, only the intervention of George Washington, dressed in his Revolutionary military uniform, and the threat by Washington to use his sword against his former vice president had stopped Adams's scheme.

Thomas Jefferson: Campaigns and Elections

Next time try learning our history before claiming to know it. This is taught by real teachers around when children are in junior high and in some cases elementary school.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:23 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Given the intense rivalry and conflict involved, it is not surprising that the 1800 election reached a level of personal animosity seldom equaled in American politics. The Federalists attacked the fifty-seven-year-old Jefferson as a godless Jacobin who would unleash the forces of bloody terror upon the land. With Jefferson as President, so warned one newspaper, "Murder, robbery, rape, adultery, and incest will be openly taught and practiced, the air will be rent with the cries of the distressed, the soil will be soaked with blood, and the nation black with crimes." Others attacked Jefferson's deist beliefs as the views of an infidel who "writes aghast the truths of God's words; who makes not even a profession of Christianity; who is without Sabbaths; without the sanctuary, and without so much as a decent external respect for the faith and worship of Christians."

The luckless Adams was ridiculed from two directions: by the Hamiltonians within his own party and by the Jeffersonian-Republicans from the outside. For example, a private letter in which Hamilton depicted Adams as having "great and intrinsic defects in his character" was obtained by Aaron Burr and leaked to the national press. It fueled the Republican attack on Adams as a hypocritical fool and tyrant. His opponents also spread the story that Adams had planned to create an American dynasty by the marriage of one of his sons to a daughter of King George III. According to this unsubstantiated story, only the intervention of George Washington, dressed in his Revolutionary military uniform, and the threat by Washington to use his sword against his former vice president had stopped Adams's scheme.

Thomas Jefferson: Campaigns and Elections

Next time try learning our history before claiming to know it. This is taught by real teachers around when children are in junior high and in some cases elementary school.
I stand in acceptance of being corrected, the word "never" was the wrong choice of word. my point is to address the the madness within our current era. Thank you.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:48 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
PPH has prevented more abortions than any other organization. It's the right who wants to deny people the education and the ability to avoid getting pregnant in the first place, and then go around shooting up clinics to protest the immorality that their narrowmindedness created in the first place....

I teach my teenage daughter at home, and I talk to her regularly. But if she is being sexually active, I hope she has access to every possible way to prevent STD's and unplanned pregnancy. I find that much less objectionable than keeping her dumb, and then sneaking her to some dark ally for an illegal abortion, so that I could save face with my hypocritical morality police neighbors. To each their own, I guess.
No worry, today that dark alley is on main street and you can proudly walk into there at any time to get your daughter's abortion to kill your grandchild. You can be happy.

Why aren't you teaching your daughter to wait to have sex until she can support and want a baby?

Old 01-14-2016, 05:13 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No worry, today that dark alley is on main street and you can proudly walk into there at any time to get your daughter's abortion to kill your grandchild. You can be happy.

Why aren't you teaching your daughter to wait to have sex until she can support and want a baby?
You clearly do not understand human sexual urges do you? Especially in children entering puberty. You should read some books on human biology and educate yourself. No amount of "teaching" is going to ultimately make someone not engage in sexual activity.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:57 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,352 times
Quote:
There is absolutely no basis for any of this - !!!!!

Maybe you are actually talking about "Bush and his administration" and the mess he made, as it is certain confabulates often gets facts mixed up with reality. It is no way you could be referring to President Obama; and calling him a b@stard will not validity anything you've written. I can certainly agree with your handle and the commentary explains why it may have been chosen.

Reading is a very good thing, when one engages it to do research and seek out the truth, it is far better than listening to Limbaugh and being a Hannity or O'Riley fan.
See what I mean, you proved my point, you have been brain washed and are completely, 100% wrong. obama is the worst thing that has happened to America in 100 years, and fools still support him while he does his best to destroy America.
If you support obama or clinton, you must hate America, they sure do..!!
Why must you insert Race into the discussion, no one has noticed his Race, just his incompetence and hate for America.
He is working for the other side in everything he does, he loves those mussies, hate Americans.. Just so you know, he like using you, but he hate you too.. He is laughing at the fools who support him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies