Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 02:14 PM

1,050 posts, read 698,679 times

Advertisements

These provocative and controversial issues, I believe are best discussed among young adults in college--not legal minors.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:17 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
New Trier High School must love lawsuits.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:29 PM

16,597 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I didn't say "indoctrination" I said if a parent doesn't like what is being taught they should give their child their view of the subject or home school.
Interesting

So you would be fine with a school teaching your kids just the opposite, like minorities are inferior to whites, and they should be thankful to lick the bottom of white shoes for allowing them to remain in this country. Then all you would do is advise them of your opposing view, and then send them right back to school to continue a racially biased curriculum (i.e. brainwashing).

Remember not everyone has the time or ability to homeschool. Nor do they have the resources to go to private school without voucher programs.

The irony of the latter is that it is more helpful to minority students and their parents, yet the (D's) are vehemently against it, because of the political contributions of the teachers unions. So they expect blind loyalty from the black community because of a few race based programs that trap them in a perpetual cycle of government dependence, yet will not help their kids to get a good education.
Why?
Is it because they secretly hate blacks and want to keep them down?
Aside from the political contributions from teaches unions (which far exceed what poor black communities could contribute), there must be a reason.

I suspect it is because if little Johnny & Mary are getting ahead, other black families will start demanding voucher programs as well for their little Johnny & Mary. Additionally when Johnny & Mary become successful and self sufficient, the whole cycle of government dependence is broken.

Never forget the words of president LBJ who helped to turn black voters away from the (R's), and toward the (D's);

"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them n iggers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years" .

Now the promotion of racial strife is part of the (D) playbook, hoping to keep blacks voting (D) in the upcoming election against the evil white male (R's).
Yet they will pander more to the browns for votes because they take blacks for granted. Sadly the influx of low wages Hispanics only further hurts the chances of blacks getting jobs.
I could go on, but hopefully more blacks are discovering how they are being exploited.

`

Old 01-12-2016, 02:31 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
These provocative and controversial issues, I believe are best discussed among young adults in college--not legal minors.
Nope, not there. Gotta have our "safe space", you know.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:33 PM

16,597 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Guaranteed. Because I can assure you that the words "Brown was a criminal that was killed after attacking a police officer" will NEVER be uttered in that class.

What, you don't think these perspectives will be taught?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGTUcS-yQtQ

`

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMSO0CXnYtE

`

Wouldn't that be the fair and balanced thing to do?

Old 01-12-2016, 03:09 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
it's high school, not grade school, they are on the verge of adulthood where they should be thinking for themselves. are your children so pliable and weak in the values you taught them, that a class or two can make them unable to use their brains? are you so uninvolved as a parent you can't monitor your child's school work and give them a different view. want your child to be a mini me and not think for them self? take them out of public school and home school em!

There is no "brain using" in classes like this. This is one sided propaganda on issues that many people find not to be up for legitimate discussion.

For example, many people find that the evidence completely clears Darren Wilson, as corroborated by the judicial ruling that completely cleared Darren Wilson, and therefore that so called classes that insist on alternative views have zero moral nor ideological ground on which to stand. Thus, they are far left communist propaganda designed to create racial tension and to rent seek. And they would be correct.

Another example is anti-majority racism that is a clear social and political double standard. No kid should have to sit through a class that attempts to make them okay with being grouped in with "White people" as a matter of original sin, anymore than any black student would be okay with hearing a lecture directed at them about how to deal well with a white person lecturing them about black crime and their responsibility for such for merely being black.

White kids should not be propagandized into being "White allies", on the public dime, for rent seeking far leftists anymore than anyone should be propagandized, on the public dime, into being allies for people whoa are racist against their group.

In short, the people who create and support this type of "curriculum" are a cancer. Though, they will keep it up. Remember my words: one way or another, it won't last.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:10 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
^outstanding post.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:17 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
it's called education. let your child be informed on all sides of an issue so they can make up their own minds. what are you afraid of?
I wonder if this school has an Eagle Eddy program. I doubt it.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:20 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Ah yes, Breitbart. World Nut Dailys cousin.
"Ah yes, Breitbart."

I see some are STILL mad about Breitbart reveaing the "blue dress"!

Old 01-12-2016, 03:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
it's called education. let your child be informed on all sides of an issue so they can make up their own minds. what are you afraid of?
No it's not. It's social indoctrination.

There won't be any debate over "all sides of an issue". One side will be presented while all other sides will be lambasted.

K-12 public schools are not known to be bastions of objectivity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies