Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 04:15 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Having their religion printed on every dollar bill seems like they are trying to push their beliefs onto others....though ironic that you would want religion and money tied together.
No religion is being thrown on ya..
Religion and money tied together. Well our country was founded on Christians values. get over it.
Nobody is forcing religion on ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 04:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
No religion is being thrown on ya..
Religion and money tied together. Well our country was founded on Christians values. get over it.
Nobody is forcing religion on ya.
You say that, but then need your religious values printed on money. That just seems odd and a weak display of religion. Though let's be honest, the real God is the all mighty dollar.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
You say that, but then need your religious values printed on money. That just seems odd and a weak display of religion. Though let's be honest, the real God is the all mighty dollar.
If you worship the dollar, sucks to be you.
I have Faith in God. Money is just the means I need to live by to purchase things within the USA etc.
Keep belittling me and others, keep talking down to us who do believe in God. Keep it up shipmate.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
If you worship the dollar, sucks to be you.
I have Faith in God. Money is just the means I need to live by to purchase things within the USA etc.
Keep belittling me and others, keep talking down to us who do believe in God. Keep it up shipmate.
If you have faith in god, why do you need your faith printed on money? What belittles your religion is the fact that it has to be printed on money.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:37 PM

248 posts, read 172,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post

Looks like my post got under the skin of another bible humper.

Excellent

By the way, 'Loser, not only do I think "religion is silly" ... I think it's likely the biggest scam in human history...
Nah, not offended at all; I'm never offended by ignorance...some people are lost and just don't know any better and I'm okay with that.
And truthfully, I'm far from a "Bible humper" whatever that means...I'm simply smart enough to know that this country is a better place with Christianity. People that practice Christianity in any capacity (yep, even the weekend warrior hypocrites) are generally much better quality people than the larger than life agnostics. They're GENERALLY better parents, better wives, better husbands, better friends, better neighbors, better citizens, better contributors...better, just better...you get the point.

The agnostics that I know and I know many are absolute bad-asses just ask them. They generally have ridiculous egos and are nothing less than total brilliance...just ask them. They're so smart they know for absolute fact there can be no God...just ask them. They are self proclaimed AMAZING!
Any you, Mr. Junkie are absolutely AMAZING!

Old 01-17-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
Nah, not offended at all; I'm never offended by ignorance...some people are lost and just don't know any better and I'm okay with that.
And truthfully, I'm far from a "Bible humper" whatever that means...I'm simply smart enough to know that this country is a better place with Christianity. People that practice Christianity in any capacity (yep, even the weekend warrior hypocrites) are generally much better quality people than the larger than life agnostics. They're GENERALLY better parents, better wives, better husbands, better friends, better neighbors, better citizens, better contributors...better, just better...you get the point.

The agnostics that I know and I know many are absolute bad-asses just ask them. They generally have ridiculous egos and are nothing less than total brilliance...just ask them. They're so smart they know for absolute fact there can be no God...just ask them. They are self proclaimed AMAZING!
Any you, Mr. Junkie are absolutely AMAZING!
I think you are confusing atheist with agnostic....

Old 01-17-2016, 04:40 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
The "god" in "In god we trust" is very generic.

It could mean YHWH, Allah, Brahma, Buddha, Ahura Mazda, Jupiter, Jesus, Mother Nature, the Cosmos, the Flying Spaghetti Monster ... anyone you want.

That's why it doesn't bother me.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
If you have faith in god, why do you need your faith printed on money? What belittles your religion is the fact that it has to be printed on money.
Just keep digging.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
The "god" in "In god we trust" is very generic.

It could mean YHWH, Allah, Brahma, Buddha, Ahura Mazda, Jupiter, Jesus, Mother Nature, the Cosmos, the Flying Spaghetti Monster ... anyone you want.

That's why it doesn't bother me.
Then what's the point of having a generic phrase on our money? It has no real meaning.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:44 PM

248 posts, read 172,491 times
Quote:
I think you are confusing atheist with agnostic....
Nope, no confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies